Hello everyone, I have seen some new faces around here and I love it! Got a salad from the home country that I have to come here and share. These are my first test pictures I took after making the salad a few times and the way I enjoy the salad. One way was with sliced radishes, cubed came out better, crunchier and more satisfying. (original recipe has crunchy pita bread added so if you want to add some GF croutons or GF pita bread baked to this you may love this more.) (also add avocado if you want more fats!!!)
1 head of romaine
2 medium tomatoes
1/2 bunch of radishes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped mint
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp sumac
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1. Wash and dry all veggies, peel cucumber and chop off stem of radishes and the top of the core of the tomatoes.
2. Chop radishes into 4 and make the cucumber and tomato pieces the same size as the radish pieces.
3. Tear or chop romaine into 1-2 inch pieces.
4. Chop parsley, mint and cilantro coarse.
5. Add all to a salad bowl and sprinkle the 2 tbsp of sumac over the salad.
6. Add crushed garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon juice to a separate bowl and stir well.
7. While stirring dressing pour it over entire salad and mix while adding more sumac for taste if needed. (the initial sumac gets mixed with the dressing when you pour it over the salad)
8. Serve in a salad bowl and enjoy! (don't forget to stir the salad when portioning, the dressing and heavy veggies go to the bottom)
Before the dressing and all the fixings.
Finished product with pita bread.