Help Me Understand My Blood/testosterone Results?

Abnormal finding of a recent blood test (thyroid in normal range)

Testosterone: 106 (!!!!!!!) (Normal 348-1197) 

Globulon: 2.0 (Normal 2.2-3.4) 

Bilirubin: 0.2 (Normal 0.3-1.5) 

BUN: 29 (Normal 7-19) 

Cholesterol: 207 (Normal 120-200) 

HDL-95 (Normal 29-80)

Background: 22 year old male, do not run any more due to injuries over the course of my career but exercise 5-6x/wk. and weight lift 3-4x/wk. I've been battling insomnia for the past half-year, have been on and off sleeping medications, and have suffered from chronic fatigue, depression, poor concentration, and have developed a sugar addiction that has lead to numerous late-night binges (although I have worked to reduce these episodes substantially through increased protein/fats/calories during the day). 

The doctors I am coordinating with are especially concerned with the testosterone, which they believe to be the main factor in inhibiting quality sleep. The plan in place for me over the next few weeks is to be prescribed another sleep medication to provide relief, be referred to a doctor who can prescribe me testosterone (not sure what kind yet), and to follow a food plan that is very, very high in protein to help stave off the sugar/late night eating. I will then get my blood re-tested to see how the above levels compare. 

My questions are how I should address

-Exercise

-My diet (anything aside from high protein/any supplements, etc)

-Sugar: I want to cut out all processed sugar, but when I have tried this in the past I can only make it a few days before another sugar binge. 

-ANYTHING else I can do to help FEEL BETTER and take back my life!

Thank you in advance! 

Comments

• Address all the above.  Do you or have you ever taken narcotics for more than couple months (legal or illegal)?

• Address all the above.  Do you or have you ever taken narcotics for more than couple months (legal or illegal)?

Especially opiates, they will wreck your balls, however it is reversable. Also, have you received any injury to your testicles?

• I have not taken narcotics nor opiates...when I was younger I did sustain a blow to the testicles playing soccer with some friends, but I have had my testosterone levels tested before and while they were on the lower side (300-400 I believe), they have never been this low. 

Any specifics on how to address SUGAR CRAVINGS/binges? Is cutting processed sugar out of my diet indefinitely the right move to make? I started two days ago and have had pretty severe headaches. How about certain foods/supplements to help with this and T levels? 

Thanks! 

• I have not taken narcotics nor opiates...when I was younger I did sustain a blow to the testicles playing soccer with some friends, but I have had my testosterone levels tested before and while they were on the lower side (300-400 I believe), they have never been this low. 

Any specifics on how to address SUGAR CRAVINGS/binges? Is cutting processed sugar out of my diet indefinitely the right move to make? I started two days ago and have had pretty severe headaches. How about certain foods/supplements to help with this and T levels? 

Thanks! 

It took me between 7-10 days for the carb cravings and headaches to go. I still occasionally get cravings, but no headaches related to 'carb flu' as it's known.

• It took me between 7-10 days for the carb cravings and headaches to go. I still occasionally get cravings, but no headaches related to 'carb flu' as it's known.

Thanks for the info! Wow, these headaches/cravings are intense but this gives me a lot of hope that they will subside soon! 

Does anyone have any advice on diet/nutritional tweaks (other than no processed sugar/gluten) to help elevate T-levels/promote sleep/reduce cravings? 

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

To improve that low test you need zinc, selenium, and boron supplementation.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com