My #1 Sleep Inducing/quality Enhancing Hack

SindreSindre
edited February 2014 in Sleep Hacking

I lie down.. On a bed..

No, really. Bad jokes aside:

I make a tea of 1-2 tbsp Tart Cherry concentrate (contains melatonin)

I add 1 tbsp of collagen and 1 tbsp of brain octane

This puts me to sleep like a baby ( i've had SEVERE sleeping problems ) and my sleep quality averages 94-100% (according to Sleep Cycle)

i also started adding 2g of tryptophan after listening to Dave's podcast with Fowkes, haven't done this mor ethan once though, so i don't really have enough data to report anything.

only that the l-tryptophan makes it taste like shite.

Whats your best sleeping hack?

Comments

• SystemSystem mod
    edited February 2014

I find the inclusion of brain octane very interesting. That stuff usually makes me feel alert and energized, so I don't know how it'll help me sleep. I'll give it a whirl, though. Thanks.

I usually drink a tonic consisting of manuka honey, upgraded collagen, and 8 or so ounces of water. Then, I  lay down on a sleep map and do HRV exercises for about 15 minutes. This puts me in a very relaxed state, allowing me to sleep within 10 minutes.

My order of l-tryptophan is currently on its way; I can't wait to experiment with it.

• What was the purpose of the L-Tryptphan?

• tryptophan is a bulding block for seratonin, which then is converted to melatonin, which makes you sleepy :)

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

One thing that induces instant sleep for me is studying for some bullshit class. :-D

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Meditation while I'm trying to fall asleep. It's like the mental equivalent of relaxing all the muscles of the body.

• Interestingly since listening to Dave's podcast with Steve Fowkes I have discovered a few really cool things.  Tryptophan mixed with collagen in water and left for about 30 minutes before consuming....really rocks my sleep quality in a positive way.  Secondly, learning that pH has a circadian rhythm has helped me hack when I sleep and wake up very effectively. Alkaline foods in the morning have sent me back to bed for the whole day but that is my particular chemistry.   It is not a one size fits all kind of thing. 

• Oh, word? You have to wait 30 minutes before consuming? I did it wrong last night then, because I consumed it right away.

Interestingly since listening to Dave's podcast with Steve Fowkes I have discovered a few really cool things.  Tryptophan mixed with collagen in water and left for about 30 minutes before consuming....really rocks my sleep quality in a positive way.  Secondly, learning that pH has a circadian rhythm has helped me hack when I sleep and wake up very effectively. Alkaline foods in the morning have sent me back to bed for the whole day but that is my particular chemistry.   It is not a one size fits all kind of thing. 

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Interestingly since listening to Dave's podcast with Steve Fowkes I have discovered a few really cool things.  Tryptophan mixed with collagen in water and left for about 30 minutes before consuming....really rocks my sleep quality in a positive way.  Secondly, learning that pH has a circadian rhythm has helped me hack when I sleep and wake up very effectively. Alkaline foods in the morning have sent me back to bed for the whole day but that is my particular chemistry.   It is not a one size fits all kind of thing. 

That's weird that alkaline foods in the morning knock you out. What exactly are you eating? That podcast brought a lot of clarity as to why I didn't get much from bulletproof coffee in the morning since I'm naturally a morning person and my acid-alkaline cycle isn't broken.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Where can I buy good quality L tryptophan?

• That's weird that alkaline foods in the morning knock you out. What exactly are you eating? That podcast brought a lot of clarity as to why I didn't get much from bulletproof coffee in the morning since I'm naturally a morning person and my acid-alkaline cycle isn't broken.

Not weird at all. See this:

http://www.projectwellbeing.com/health/ph-the-real-deal/