Collagen Is So Good.

Hi All,

I have been taking collagen for just over a month now and can't believe how well it works.I am a 48yo old male who's had a fairly physical life starting as a young fella in the army running around with a pack on my back,parachuting and all the rest of the phyical lifestyle of a soldier then the majority of jobs I've had have been physical.I've injured my back more times than I can remember.I generally stretch and do yoga to keep back in order and stay flexible.What I have noticed since taking collagen no aches and my joints especially knees don't click anymore.

Cheers

Bruce

Comments

• I started collagen yesterday. I am looking forward to the potential results.
  • I've noticed similar improvements, I've been taking collagen for nearly 3 weeks and I've noticed my old rugby injuries don't hurt like they used to and I'm feeling a lot more flexible.
  • I have no experience with collagen. How does it work and in what form do you take it? Is it a cream, pill etc? I'm 35 and have some joint issues from a crazy youth of car accidents, sports injuries and snowmobile crazzyness. Thanks in advace for any responses.
  • I take 2 tablespoons mixed in glass of water before bed.
  • Have you guys noticed any effect on hair with using collagen?
  • Hmmm I should look into this for my knees. What's the daily amount to be taken?
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    'Tyler wrote:

Hmmm I should look into this for my knees. What's the daily amount to be taken?
    10-30g/day.
  • Anyone have any brand suggestions?
  • I recommend Jusuru. It's the only liquid form of BioCell Collagen II out there, and it has 5 international patents. It works extremely efficiently and produces remarkable results usually within 3 months of use. You can check it out at www.stay-young-and-beautiful.com
    edited January 2013

I recommend Jusuru. It's the only liquid form of BioCell Collagen II out there, and it has 5 international patents. It works extremely efficiently and produces remarkable results usually within 3 months of use. You can check it out at www.stay-young-and-beautiful.com
    Did you do some research into Types 1&3 vs 2? I did notice that type 2 was patented, but otherwise no real discussions why you'd want it specifically. Type 1&3 as powder is cheap.
  • edited January 2013
    The difference is Jusuru is in liquid form. As a powder the molecules are too big for your body to absorb properly. Through a process of hydrolysis, Jusuru's molecules in liquid form combine with the 13 superfruits contained in the bottle making them smaller and easily absorbable into the body. That's the reason for the patent. It's the only liquid form of BioCell collagen available. It truly works, the reason I got interested is because someone in my family avoided a shoulder replacement because of this product.
  • Glycine and Proline should do okay when suspended in a solution, but I am not sure about hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine. What keeps them from destabilizing in liquid form? How do you complete the enzymatic cofactors when you cannot isolate them in a powder?
  • I have a question, whats the deal with not mixing collagen with other protein, why do they say not to do it?
    E-commerce and Webdesign Agency
    www.nowaydesign.com

Email "Bulletproof" to [email protected] and get a discount now!
  • I have not figured this out completely, but this is how it works based on my highest level of understanding:

The body is very good at digesting, synthesizing, and metabolizing the amino acid L-glutamine which is not abundant in collagen. As far as I can tell, the body prefers to use glycine from the collagen with L-glutamine to engineer other proteins and chemicals. Which ones? and why? GSH is one, but I am still researching plenty of others.
    edited January 2013

The difference is Jusuru is in liquid form. As a powder the molecules are too big for your body to absorb properly. Through a process of hydrolysis, Jusuru's molecules in liquid form combine with the 13 superfruits contained in the bottle making them smaller and easily absorbable into the body. That's the reason for the patent. It's the only liquid form of collagen available. It truly works, the reason I got interested is because someone in my family avoided a shoulder replacement because of this product.
    But powdered collagen IS hydrolized? Jusuru is type 2, but there are also types 1 & 3. They are sold separately for some reason, probably due to the patents.

AND it's a MLM, which halves the credibility in half for me. They even do the standard doctors and all that related pseudo scientific stuff designed for sales. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

If I wanted Collagen II, I'd pick this: http://www.iherb.com...0-Tablets/38814 <- SAME BIOCELL COMPANY PATENT (!), SAME ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (!), NO "MAGIC STARDUST" (!)
  • Powdered collagen may be hydrolized, but Jusuru is the world's only liquid form of BioCell Collagen. This is significant because the body absorbs the collagen much more effectively in this liquid form, especially because it is accompanied by the juices of those 13 antioxidant-rich superfruits. The type II collagen is important because type II is the collagen that occurs in cartilage, which is key to regrowing the cartilage in joints like knees and shoulders. The powedered Collagen II you indicated is no where near as effective as Jusuru because it is powdered and not liquid.

As for the whole MLM thing, I would be skeptical too had Jusuru not worked for members of my family. My step-dad literally needed a shoulder replacement but didn't want to get one because he wouldn't be able to waterski afterward, and within three months of taking Jusuru he was able to move his shoulder again without pain and today he lifts weights and waterskis with no problem. My grandma loves the product and my father after just two weeks says he's already able to walk better (he has stiffness in his hips). I've been taking it for a few months myself and have found that it tastes great and I find greater ease when I do things like work out or other physical activities. There are a lot of people who take Jusuru without becoming involved with the MLM thing, it's just a great product that works very well.

Powdered collagen may be hydrolized, but Jusuru is the world's only liquid form of BioCell Collagen. This is significant because the body absorbs the collagen much more effectively in this liquid form, especially because it is accompanied by the juices of those 13 antioxidant-rich superfruits. The type II collagen is important because type II is the collagen that occurs in cartilage, which is key to regrowing the cartilage in joints like knees and shoulders. The powedered Collagen II you indicated is no where near as effective as Jusuru because it is powdered and not liquid.

References, studies? It's pure speculation that you need "juices of antioxidant-rich superfoods" (lol) or that the powder in my stomach... doesn't become liquid (!). You are talking pure marketing.

As for the whole MLM thing, I would be skeptical too had Jusuru not worked for members of my family. My step-dad literally needed a shoulder replacement but didn't want to get one because he wouldn't be able to waterski afterward, and within three months of taking Jusuru he was able to move his shoulder again without pain and today he lifts weights and waterskis with no problem. My grandma loves the product and my father after just two weeks says he's already able to walk better (he has stiffness in his hips). I've been taking it for a few months myself and have found that it tastes great and I find greater ease when I do things like work out or other physical activities. There are a lot of people who take Jusuru without becoming involved with the MLM thing, it's just a great product that works very well.
    Sorry, but that is N=1, and precisely why I'm not sold.

The active ingredients usually work DESPITE being in a magic formula (vs cheaper powdered form). But it is the magic formula/ingredient that makes the product sell. And allows for a ridiculous pricing scheme to offset marketing costs.

You are also a distributor! Your link is a distrib. link... you are beyond biased.

I hope noone falls for this and wastes their money. For the same money you can get a much wider range of supplements handled; or load up on "less effective" collagen (SPECULATION!) and offset any efficiency problems.

But I do want to run such an MLM company someday (-:
    edited January 2013

Ok, the research is right here http://www.jusurures...Perspective.pdf
    So which of the references in that document deal with the efficacy of liquid collagen vs powdered? Let me give a hint: none.
  • I would just like to know if it is stable!
  • There is a HUGE difference between BioCell collagen and other collagen supplements thanks to different sources and proprietary manufacturing process.

BioCell Collagen is the only hydrolyzed collagen that provides collagen and also substantial amounts of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) such as hylaluronic acid (HA) and chondroitin sulfate, all in remarkably bioavailable forms. It is critical because both collagen and GAGs are required for healthy structure and function of connective tissues such as joints and skin dermis.

Also the averaged molecule weight of collagen is extremally important factor. Hydrolized Biocell collagen has the molecular weight of 1.5 - 2.5 kDa (patented prcess), while unhydrolized type 2 collagen molecular weight is 200-300 kDa. It is too big to be absorbed.

Here are some references:

Tanka et.al, 2009, Biotechnol Biochem

Oesser et.al., 1999, J. -Nutr, 129: 1891-1895

Oesser et. al,2003, Cell Tissue Res, 311-399

BioCell collagen has also competitive advantage over eggshell or fish-derived collagen. (I can submit the results for anybody who is interested).

BioCell collagen mirrows the human articular cartilage and all results are based on many years of clinical studies.

Finally BioCell Collagen is the 2011 winner of the Frost & Sullivan Award for Best Bone & Joint Health Ingredient and was the only nutritional ingredient recognized for best practices in the joint and bone health industry.
    'grazyna' wrote:
    Any comments regarding Types 1 & 3? Is it worth taking them if you are taking Type 2? Curious - what's your background/relation to this?
  • Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Interesting. BioCell is the manufacture of the type 2 collagen in Jusuru. Is this considered warm or cold marketing in your industry?
  • Actually BioCell collagen is manufactured by the GMP labs from California. In its liquid form contains in addition juice from 13 superfruits (antioxidants) and Resveratrol is called "Jusuru". Since it is a natural product it contains also collagen 1 and 3.

Now, as a university professor and researcher, I focus on educating people so that they can make their own informed decisions. I am not sure if it is a warm or cold marketing. Do you?

Every person is different and different products work best for different people. If the collagen 2 that you take works for you, then it is great.

Basically, collagen 1 is part of skin, tendon, vascular ligature, organs and bone.

Collagen 2 is the main component of cartilage

Collagen 3 is the main component of reticular fibers.

I am not sure what you need or want, but as far as I am concern I would stay with the natural product that mimics as close as possible our system. Body is not a chemical reactor and, in general, do not like invasions.
  • It does not matter to me about warm or cold marketing, because I am not here to sell anything. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy free education but you approach is dishonest. You need to be upfront with people and let them know who you represent; because, face it, you are biased. True, we are being informed, but we need to critically evaluate whether your information is correct. Let us take a look:

If we are to obtain nutrition that is a "...natural product that mimics as close as possible our system" then should we all become cannibals?

Also, you make a claim that we should not use unhydrolized type 2 collagen. Where is this found in nature?

You represent that the best forms of collagen have the lowest molecular weight. I have just developed an even simpler collagen precursor that is under one hundred times the Daltons of your product. You cannot buy it at a nutrition store but you can make it yourself. Can you guess what it is?

CH4
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    Why do these guys even bother? You've just lost all support from the BP community by trying it the sneaky way. It could be the worlds best product - but the approach blew it.

POWERFUL BULLETPROOFERS Suntoucher and JasonHooper!!

No sorcery, just science. 

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, Aaron. I kind of feel bad blasting people. It feels good at the time, but I feel lousy later. We have to look out for each other. It is sad that anyone can grab some poor woman's profile from Facebook, create a phony account, and try and sell you some stuff under false pretenses. It is also sad that there are people in certain parts of the world that will do just about any internet job in order to feed their families. Would I have done the same thing in his place?
  • It is interesting. I saw your discussion and I wanted to give you more information, and I wanted to defend your other member -Tony- and I gave his link for reference.

I do not participate in this type of forums often, but I felt that I could contribute.

Maybe you are right - why should I bother.

By the way - I do not want to sell you anything. Have a good evening. Grazyna
  • Thanks, "professor." You know, IP addresses are traceable, right?
  • Absolutely. And I think you should do it first before you come to any conclusions.

By the way, I love clasical music.

Grazyna