Ask Dave Anything! Questions To Be Answered On Future Podcasts

Comments

• How do you deal with keeping healthy teeth? I've had some teeth problems with inflammation, gingivitis, and cavities recently but I'm not sure what would be a bulletproof way to approach the problem.

• Has Dave seen this youtube video called, "joe rogan exposes Dave Asprey and Bulletproof Coffee for false claims about Mycotoxins"

It would seem that mr Rogan is not so subtly attacking Dave's credibility and ethics as per his research and marketing strategy.

I would love to see Dave respond in an intelligent and considered manner, to this sledging of his character by Mr Rogan. C'mon Dave, Rogan comes off like a raging douche hammer in this clip.

The least he could have done was invite you back on air to discuss the issues of contention in a reasonable and intelligent manner, instead of this type of demeaning portrayal! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwY4H3cNTH0&list=FLLlu7eZD1lGhwp1e-PQCRtA

• Dave, you mentioned having done ayhuasca. Did you find the experience beneficial? Would you reccomend it?
  • As others have suggested, I would love to hear a special podcast on effective Mercury Detox protocol.

Thank you !

• Dave should really do a podcast on adrenal fatigue. It's one of the few instances/conditions when people should not adopt the Bulletproof Diet because caffeine, low-carb, and fasting all exacerbate adrenal fatigue. I know he's mentioned it once and commented on it on old threads, but his comments led me to underestimate my condition and I have subsequently relapsed into it as a result.

Have John Brisson on to talk about his new book Fix Your Gut and have him discuss BPD's relation to adrenal fatigue.

• What do you think about Peter Gibson's work on gluten?  http://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085(13)00702-6/abstract

• Dave should really do a podcast on adrenal fatigue. It's one of the few instances/conditions when people should not adopt the Bulletproof Diet because caffeine, low-carb, and fasting all exacerbate adrenal fatigue. I know he's mentioned it once and commented on it on old threads, but his comments led me to underestimate my condition and I have subsequently relapsed into it as a result.

Have John Brisson on to talk about his new book Fix Your Gut and have him discuss BPD's relation to adrenal fatigue.

would love that, it would be a great podcast, he's awesome :)

• Modifying the Bulletproof diet for those who are skinny and want to gain weight, instead of losing. Which principles and recommendations have to be changed then?

For example what about ketosis then, should one try to stay out of ketosis, or it doesn't matter?

Intermittent fasting?

Anything else that should be different in relation to those who are not underweight?

• WHEN IS THIS PODCAST? By now, it's going to be at least 5 Podcasts to answer all these GREAT QUESTIONS..... MOderator?!?!

• Bulletproof ModeratorBulletproof Moderator Upgraded Mod Admin

Dave is working on his book.  The deadline is right around the corner, so he has postponed many of his podcasts.  We are planning on recording it on June 11th, but then it has to go through the editing process.  Look for it in July.

• Andy BoskampAndy Boskamp Andy Boskamp

I would like to see a podcast concerning climate change.

I could try to put you in touch with a particular professor of mine from Stony Brook University. I think he would be a great guest for the show!

“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

- Marcus Aurelius

• I am interested in research on children's behavior, health being effected by gluten/sugar/dairy laced diets. I am a teacher and a mom and find it challenging to raise Bp kids in this un Bp world. I also have issues with family and even sometimes my husband who think I take my sons diet too seriously. For example, my sons grandparents still feed my son croissants, cereal, pancakes, non organic milk/ cheese amongst other things when they babysit which is often despite me sending tons of good healthy foods. I have talked to them about it extensively. They know how I feel but they feel that it really isn't a big deal and that I shouldn't worry so much. They often say, "a little bit won't hurt." They don't see those foods I mentioned above as unhealthy.

How do you handle family that you depend on being on the same page? How strict are you with your kids diet, at a bday party or at grandmas house? It's just so stressful always having to repeat myself!

I guess that was many questions---
  • It would be great to here from more agriculture experts on best farming practices. The techniques for creating the most bulletproof food - plants, meat, fish, etc and how we can grow more high quality food. 

• The medicinal uses of vanilla.

• The medicinal uses of vanilla.

And optimal dosing/scheduling. 

Any interactions that are either beneficial/harmful.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

How do you see Bulletproof foods and Bulletproof meal preparation on a society scale?

Given the fact that grains are a staple food pretty much everywhere, to avoid them altogether seems a challenge.

• I have been battling a pesky skin fungus called versicolor tinea for a few months now. I have had it for thirteen years and it continues to spread. Since becoming bulletproof i was expecting better results. I have been applying coconut oil daily and i take a strong active 42 billion probiotic. I also have been taking oil of oregano. I must be having a reaction to something that is in my bulletproof diet but i am having a hard time finding the culpurate. Any ideas on my next line of defense??

• edited June 2014

If you wanted to avoid Mycotoxins you should avoid using a grinder that ground coffee other than bulletproof coffee right? I like dark roast coffee and I make it in my espresso machine with steam. Wouldn't the steam kill the mold? Do you recommend a bulletproof only grinder? I found the flavor is more intense with my espresso machine than doing it with a french press.

found my answer here 

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/transcript-100-caffeine-coffee-and-mycotoxins-with-dan-cox/

• Pete and Gerry organic eggs....are they safe to buy?   I have been hearing alot of good things on them...but what do you think about them???

• I would like to know exactly what Dave takes each and every day, and why he takes it. Not just his 11 recommended supplements but all the others he refers to, such as taking 4 grams of bcaa's before bed to increase growth hormone. thanks!

• Dave, how specifically did you improve your vision from 20/60 to 20/15?

Thx

• No answer in the rest of the forum so I thought I'd try here:

Some months ago, as documented in another discussion thread, I followed the Rapid Fat Loss Protocol for a short time for both its detoxing affects and to knock off a few extra pounds.  Worked great!

Well, summer and the beach, and a wee bit of vanity beckons me to do this again, but true to my nature or inclinations and why we come to this virtual discussion, I wonder about experimenting/optimizing the protocol.  

Would/could RFLP benefit from the addition of resistant starch and probiotics (as discussed in the recent podcast)?

Some conjectures (responses welcome)

It shouldn't affect insulin.  

If timed properly during the day, resistant starch + probiotics might have a very good environment to work

It might make the protocol easier to maintain as starch gives one a feeling of fullness.

One the other hand, all the bile produced and flushing out of toxins during RFLP might mess up any positive affects of the RS + probiotics.

Thoughts?

• Does Dave track everything he puts into his body?

How important is tracking the food and supplements  one puts into their bodies?

Should it be a life long goal to track everything on most days? Or just be used intermittently, depending on particular biohacks?

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Dave, how specifically did you improve your vision from 20/60 to 20/15?

Thx

Lasik did it for me!

• Was the podcast recorded yesterday? :smile:
  • Bulletproof ModeratorBulletproof Moderator Upgraded Mod Admin

Yes.  It is currently in post production.

• Lasik did it for me!

same here, and i am pretty sure i heard dave say he did lasik in one of the recent podcasts. 

• HendoHendo
    edited June 2014

Dave, how specifically did you improve your vision from 20/60 to 20/15?

Thx

Look up Yoga For Your Eyes, it's been referenced multiple times in the podcasts and in the forums.

IIRC, he did 3x 1hr sessions in total.

He discourages LASIK due to severe night vision degredation, dry eyes and other complications (google it).

• I'm cross posting this from my original thread here Dave.

Hello  :smile:

I am wondering if anyone knows if Dave posted up his MCT oil recipe that he used during the 40 Years Of Zen training to help boost his endurance?

He mentions it in this video between minutes 1-8:

I'm thinking about attempting to concoct a similar recipe for use when I am doing neurofeedback.

I'm interested in testing out my endurance to see if I am able to train for entire days on weekends when time is free. I remember reading about the Othmers doing 'intensives' for children and adults many years ago for families who traveled across america (essentially compressing months of training into an extremely limited time frame with reported positive outcomes for the patients).

In the coming month I'm going to restock all the racetams, some choline cdp, modafinil, adrafinil, and also a mitochondrial support stack and experiment with different combinations of each.

I plan to use MCT oil as the base for the recipe.

No caffeine.

Thanks in advance for your input Dave.

(Guys please upvote this if you see it. This brain fuel mixture has a wide variety of applications and could be a useful 'tonic' during intense mental load situations in your life...not just for endurance NFB sessions.)

• Invite Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride on a podcast.