Ask Dave Anything! Questions To Be Answered On Future Podcasts

191011121315»

Comments

• Hi Dave,
    my confussion is whether exogenous ketones actually put you in a state of ketosis. My thought is that one is not pulling from their fat stores but utilizing the circulating fat from exogenous ketones
    please help with some clarification
    thanks

• I am wondering/concerned about the affect a large amount of supplements per day has on the liver. I was really surprised to learn in the recent newsletter that Dave takes 150 supplements a day. Wow... and how does the body really process it all?

• Based on my Genetic Testing I have a gene that I should avoid saturated fat otherwise it would cause weight gain (PSARG). I did not give much stock to it but after 2 weeks and 3 pounds of eating high fat low carb I am starting to believe that maybe a lower fat, low car, high protein diet could be right for me. Any thoughts on the Bullet Proof Diet not being right for all? Any info on how to Bio Hack it?
    thanks

• Hey Dave, I'm opening up a gym and i was wondering your opinion for what to get to optimize it.

We don't have a big budget for equipment so we're starting off cheaply very nuts & bolts, however, we do have the money to create a healthy & inviting environment for our employees & clients.

I was thinking of getting an air purifier, a standing work station, emf filters, plants, and both red lights & regular lights to alternate with when necessary.

Is there anything else you would recommend to get?

• Why would my red blood cell count suddenly become abnormally high. It elevated about the time I started my BP diet. I Have lost 30 pounds and feel pretty good most of the time, except for arthritis pain. Could it be that I am doing something wrong in my diet routine to cause this RBC elevation?

• clonemancloneman
    edited August 2017

What are some things we should measure or have checked, e.g. ask for special stuff in our yearly blood panel? For instance im curious about my level of inflammation, my liver function, and thyroid status. I'm following the BP diet somewhat loosely (I'm trying to gain muscle and ive not cut out pasta) and i'd like to monitor more quantitatively how i'm doing, beyond just how i feel.

• I am looking at doing the 2 week headstrong program. But I would like to see if it really has improved my mitochondria. Is there a test I can take that measures the health of my mitochondria? I would like to get some objective measures.

• Hi Dave - Thanks for all you're doing, it's improving our lives! I have a question on preventing disaster pants. I imagine you must have some tricks for counteracting the laxative effects of using all the good things you're bringing to us (brain octaine, high doses of vitamine c, coffee, xylitol, etc). Is it really just a question of building up tolerance or can you share some secrets to being able to better tolerate higher amounts of these things in order to reach optimal benefits?

• why does blue light filter work for sleep? How to get more rem and deep sleep to help hippocampus memory ? summary of sleep supplements and schedule ..

• Dave-

Do you or anyone have any solid knowledge on whether vast toxin release can have a negative effect on healing after surgery?

I have had knee surgery and have an expected rehab period of 7.5 months where minimal exercise is advised. I have 45lbs to lose and still want to reach this goal. Thinking of doing the rapid fat loss protocol but have this worry!

Thanks,
    Helen

• Dave-

Do you or anyone have any solid knowledge on whether vast toxin release can have a negative effect on healing after surgery?

I have had knee surgery and have an expected rehab period of 7.5 months where minimal exercise is advised. I have 45lbs to lose and still want to reach this goal. Thinking of doing the rapid fat loss protocol but have this worry!

Thanks,
    Helen

• Dave, read your book, will now read more sections of it the third time. I am fascinated with your work and want to thank you for making this beautiful information available for people of lesser means.
    I would like to discuss your possible findings for females who would like to improve certain aspects of their lives. I myself have followed many of your suggestions in your book and all of them have shown great results.

Do you have specific recommendations for people, especially females, that face hormone fluctuations when going through menopause? Also, I would be very interested what your suggestions would be for people who have celiac disease. While these conditions are often not addressed neurologically I strongly believe of the important mind body connections that we are all a part of.

I continue to follow your work and want to congratulate you on your magnificent findings for brain health. I seldom find books this interesting. Your book is one of two books, the other one is a book from an MD, who have changed my life.
    Awesome work, thanks.

• I know I'm late, but the Bullet Proof Executive has inspired me so much! So much, I'm planning on farming coconut on 50 acres I have in the Philippines. I'm thinking of starting a non-profit branding different coconut products (MCT oil, coconut cooking oil, etc.) to help the less fortunate on the islands. Where would you recommend getting information to manufacture these coconut with the least amount of mold?
    Thank you!

• Dave, your podcasts are life changing & I love how you are disrupting the food and health industries, thank you!

Here's my wish list of topics for questions and podcasts:

A podcast on RA would be amazing

**Can you please pull together your thinking on what seems to be conflicting systems - low lectin, high polyphenol approach and the Sirt approach which includes a lot of foods that aren't beneficial from a Headstrong/low lectin approach.

Is there some link up between lectins and sirtuin activating foods?

Phase 1 of the sirt diet has a kale juice 3 times a day - how much oxalic acid can you have before it starts edging towards kidney stones (ie. listened to your fb live when you were answering questions from inside the Red Charger)

A list of light therapy devices and prices from budget to high priced, that you personally like

A podcast on molecular hydrogen

Mold killers that work - i.e. I just found out about a company (zoono.com) that's developed a non toxic solution for mold based on an anti-superbug molecule that bonds to any surface, it seems to have many applications but I was most interested in its use for mold - more stuff like that would be great.

Bulletproof Cockroach & pest control!" - Dave I know you live on an island and it's probably too cold for cockies but where I live in Sydney the little buggers are everywhere - napalming them with chemicals that get into our food chain or letting them slowly die in pheromone sticky glue cockroach motels are not the solutions I want, so far I've found nothing that's non toxic, effective and practical. Have you come across anyone doing amazing work or research in this field.

Glyphosates - exactly what they are, the 4 neurotransmitter pathways they block in plants & consequently in us and all the other science, how to explain why this is so important to non-organic eating friends & family, how we can strategically disrupt Monsanto, who's doing best work in the field, who are the effective organisations and influencers like yourself

Methyl-B12 & Methyl-Folate - I've heard it twice now - once on your podcast with Dr Mercola where he briefly mentioned that some nasty compound can sometimes get created in the body when these two sups are combined, the other mention was in the Healthcast Now podcast with guest Dr Tim Jackson, (mitochondria) - can you clarify what this reaction is.

Remineralising distilled water - are colloidal minerals any good? what is the best water in your opinion?

PEMF Devices - do you use them, what's your viewpoint on them, effective or not?

EMF & Wifi protection devices - what's the latest research and what're the latest products

that's my wish list for now, thanks Dave.

• Why does piracetam make my chin twitch and slur my speech? My other half takes it and loves it. Totally different effects.

• I do this thing with ejaculation now for 2 months but I don’t know it this is healthy! My balls are hurting ! I had this already beforeI I tried this but then I ejaculated and it was gone. Now there are moments where I can’t walk from the pain in my balls

• Dave I have been following the Bulletproof Diet for last 4 months, lost 30 pounds so far but seem to be having issues with gout flare ups, have had 4 small flare ups that were not to bad, cleared up in less than a week and 1 major flare up that has me on crutches currently and will probable last 2 weeks. I have not had this many flare ups in such a short time., Any suggestions to get this from stop happening and what recommended supplements should i be taking. Do not want to go on the life long medication that my Doctor recommends.

• There are so many things that I should be doing first thing in the morning, salt+water (sole), water+vinegar+lime (adrenal fatigue drink), the adrenal fatigue dreamsicle (cream of tartar+salt+fresh orange juice), etc.... What is the correct order?

• Hey Dave! More of a brain process question, but I love how you can connect the biology to the mental/spiritual/emotional.

I work on/off in the drug rehab industry. The latest breakthrough in treatment (at least at a community and national level) is the same as the latest treatment in health/diet for diabetics, and heart patients, which is coaching. And NOT the kind of coaching a personal trainer does, but more like a salesman with a conscience. Using techniques from the art of Motivational Interviewing through love and compassion to draw out a desire to change within the patient / client / participant. I'm fascinated by the human brain, and why this works, bc it really does! Many times I've worked with participants with zero desire to quit using drugs, and by just talking to them, becoming genuinely interested in THEIR goals, not mine, the desire for change is drawn out in less than two months in many cases, and seemingly highly successful long term so far.

What are your thoughts on this? What's happening in the brain to create such a drastic paradigm shift?

AND for the bulletproof question: can we tap into what is happening to these people for ourselves? Can we trick ourselves into Paradigm shifts? It's almost like a light switch is turned on, to be talking with Xanax addict who has zero desire to quit using Xanax, having the most manipulative and deceitful conversations, then seeing a light turned on and a ferocious aggressive attitude towards doing anything necessary to achieve sobriety. This is powerful stuff. When I'm asked to describe what it is I'm doing, all I can say is I don't know, it's just love and compassion from a genuine place. But there's a tremendous power there.

At the very least I think it would be a fun discussion to talk about this mixed with the biology of what's happening in this process.

If we can't hack ourselves with this maybe we can still hack our friends and our families to put down the junk food....

• Dave,
    What is your position on HGH?

• So many good question!!!

Pancreas issues after keto. Tests to order, how to adjust keto....etc

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

• Why does Dave perpetually bash veganism? I understand he had a bad experience with it, nevertheless half a billion folks worldwide are plant based and that's a lot of people to alienate. I listen to bulletproof because I enjoy the interviews, many of the interviewees are personal friends, and I am a nutritionist alway trolling for new intel.... however I keep my bulletproof crush on the low because my kindreds tend not be fans of Dave and his veg-vilifying ways.

• Shop www.moschinoonlinesale.com Moschino Outlet Store, Buy Moschino Thailand Elephant T-Shirt Pink with Big Discount, Fast Delivery and Free Worldwide Shipping...
    http://www.moschinoonlinesale.com/moschino-thailand-elephant-t-shirt-pink.html

• How can you biohack Tourette's? There is very little information out there, so any pointer to things to try that have been proven useful would be greatly appreciated.

• I'd love Dave to talk about rosacea, it's such a frustrating condition that affects so many people, and is not well understood. It's so confusing figuring out how to treat it. Professionals treat it as though it's just a cosmetic thing which can't be cured.

Thanks! :blush:

• @karliin said:
    Why does Dave perpetually bash veganism? I understand he had a bad experience with it, nevertheless half a billion folks worldwide are plant based and that's a lot of people to alienate. I listen to bulletproof because I enjoy the interviews, many of the interviewees are personal friends, and I am a nutritionist alway trolling for new intel.... however I keep my bulletproof crush on the low because my kindreds tend not be fans of Dave and his veg-vilifying ways.

He is more pro health than anti vegan. He is anti vegan because there are many things in the vegan world that are unhealthy (candy etc...).

• Hi Dave, Was wondering about your experience with nicotine in regards to some symptoms I've had recently. I used to smoke cigarettes in high school at parties and things, but haven't used any form of nicotine in about seven or eight years. I am a college student and sometimes need a little boost for when I am studying, also I was just curious to see how I respond to pure nicotine now without all the other carcinogens and smoke and stuff. I had a few strange side effects that I never experienced with cigarettes. One was vision issues, I don't know how else to describe it but It looked like the words were bouncing on my computer screen, which was manageable, but irritating. Also, I had some slight fainting like symptoms, similar to how you would feel if your blood sugar was dropping too low, nothing extreme just unexpected. I was wondering if maybe you have had any similar experiences? I bought the nicorette 2mg mini-lozenges like you recommend and split it in half. Although, I did stick it under my tongue so maybe the absorption rate was too quick for me to handle? Any thoughts or corrections in the application or method would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kaleb Sargent

• Shop www.moschinoonlinesale.com Moschino Outlet Store, Buy Moschino Biker Jacket Shoulder Bag Black with Big Discount, Fast Delivery and Free Worldwide Shipping...
    moschino my little pony

• It would be great to understand more about hernias, the best ways to prevent and treat them, they are such a common affliction.

I'm fairly active and healthy, but got an umbilical hernia age 20 and now an inguinal hernia age 31 which sucks. I don't over-exercise at all, at the moment I'm resistance training twice a week under the supervision and guidance of a highly qualified trainer, and I do the odd bit of yoga, on average once a week. I had not wanted to undergo surgery for the umbilical hernia as it was very small and I haven't heard good things about hernia surgery :(

Would love to understand more on why I seem to be prone to them, how I can avoid getting more, preventing them getting worse and what should I do about them!

Cheers Dave