Ask Dave Anything! Questions To Be Answered On Future Podcasts

Comments

• I'd like to hear Dave's opinion and knowlegde around 'super'-mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, reishi, cordyceps, shitake and maitake when you make proper extracts of them!

• When's the next upgraded book coming out?

• Dr. Lana Asprey is 46 now. I am 6 months younger than she. When is she going to write a book on peri-menopause/menopause? We middle-aged women (btw, someone told my husband yesterday that I look 30, still radiating from that compliment) are damned complex. I think Dave could find a new niche market with us 40- and 50-something women.

Mary

• What is the "bulletproof process" for making bullet proof coffee? What differences does it make and can we see the evidence rather than anacedotal evidence?
  • What is the latest on the IRB-approved study of the cognitive benefits of upgraded coffee? You've cited the results a number of times over the past year, but I haven't seen the actual results released anywhere. Will this be published soon?

• I would be interested in an at-home practical (non-clinical) test to see if a person is noticeably mycotoxin sensitive.   Could Dave do a blind test of low priced coffee suppliers like J.M. Smucker Company (Folgers) or Kraft Foods (Maxwell House) alongside the more high reputation coffee suppliers?

My wife would second the interest in pre-and fully blown menopause hacking.

I'd love an optimal cocktail recipe.  The "cleanest" process for an alcohol and mixer combo that would do the least damage while still providing the mental benefits of alcohol. (relaxation, stress reduction, mood elevation, piqued interests, deeper sleep)

I'd love for Dave to dig into hacking cannabis.  It is trending toward complete legalization worldwide in a handful of years, and being at the ready with an optimal (not merely strongest, but optimal) breed for creativity, pain relief, etc.  Combining "bulletproof" cannabis with other bulletproof products into edible forms would seem to be a logical fit for a future niche market.  I imagine little dark chocolate covered get-some ice cream balls infused with cannabis oil.

Seeing more of the non-salesman side of Dave would be great for his image.  Seeing him with family and friends in "turned off", casual living mode.  He's too young for the forward combing hair look, even if it helps create an icon of himself.  :D  Being more professional and less aloof during the short time filming podcasts would help from being a distraction like during the Fowkes interviews where he leaves the screen or does pirouettes with his headphones. So many non-essential product placement drink breaks for a forty minute show.

I'd love an ongoing list of people Dave would fully endorse/recommend others follow.  A simple, easy to find list with links.  (Could be guests to his podcast, but more exclusive to those who pass the test of time)

I personally am indebted to Dave, and LOVE people who dig and learn and dig and learn some more.  I do not feel a framed piece of paper on a person's wall is needed to make them an authority, but rather a person who really digs deep into a specific idea, reading as much as possible from the work of those with or without such doctorate degrees.  The shaman worldwide do not have paperwork, yet they offer ideas based in the reality of evolutionary knowledge. 

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • Daves favorite question to ask guests involves how to "kick more ass in all aspects of life." Considering most of us rely on technology for organizing our working lives, whats Dave's current technology set up (mac vs windows, dual monitors or single, tablet, phone, etc.?) and what are his favorite pieces of productivity software?

• What's a typical day for Dave like? What supplements, foods, and routines does he consume/do daily and which more variably such as weekly or monthly?

• Super interested in the lectins part, as a legume eater. I recall Dave also saying of the Slow Carb Diet, (paraphrasing) "sure beans are great until you're 35 or 40, then they're problematic." Why? Lectins in detail please. 

has dave seen this podcast and what is his response to not just the coffee part, but the part about lectins? http://youtu.be/qh0xB4OJdpQ?t=2h17m40s

• Light Therapy Protocol

-List of brands to buy and where

-How often, how long to expose

-Benefits

• Dave, you talk about using HRV chest straps during meetings, which could be a pain the ass, since you have to keep checking your phone/tablet for the results.

What are your thoughts on an HRV watch? There's one called the MIO Alpha. http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Strapless-Continuous-Heart-Monitor/dp/B00BJ6HLDI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393081056&sr=8-2&keywords=mio+alpha

• Hello all! I am new to the forum but have been lurking around the site for a while. Dave you are awesome!!! Thanks for all your great work.

1. I would also like to know what Dave's kids eat on a daily basis. I have a two year old. How can I make him bulletproof?

2. I would like to learn more about glutathione, specifically about the reactions some people may have. I just started 2 days ago. I felt great yesterday, today I started feeling fine now I feel kind of achy, like I'm about to get a fever.

3. Maybe you can interview dr. Mcbride about the gut and psychology syndrome.

4. Not sure if Dave is familiar with chem trails or if he has an opinion on the matter but I think a good bio hack would be how to protect yourself from them.

5. Maybe a discussion on vaccines, primarily childhood vaccines.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Another question I have is around the servings on the infographic. Would Dave be able to quickly run through how many grams in a serving for each of the food groups? Quantified self is difficult with ambiguous terms like "servings", "cups", etc.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Oh, Dave! This one's been on my mind a while, and I'm sure it'd be relevant to a lot of us BPers!

I usually make my BP coffee to-go in a large thermos on days when I work. I have a massive stainless steel thermos and a smaller one, also stainless steel. I mix up all the ingredients with the coffee (MCT, generous amounts of Kerrygold, a wee bit of chocolate powder) and drink it over the course of about 8 hours, slowly.

Will this degrade the fats/coffee in any way? Letting it sit so long, are the fats going to be damaged? Will the butter and MCT, exposed to such heat over so long a period become harmful, or am I OK? For that matter, is storing my hot BP coffee in a stainless steel thermos for so long a good idea? It seemed the most bulletproof container I could find for my needs, but I was wondering.

Thanks!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I have a question regarding Dioxins in grass fed butter.

I'd like Dave to address this issue. It seems weird that we're trying to use toxin free coffee, but yet told to consume grass fed butter which contains Dioxins. Dioxins are stored in the fat of animals who feed on vegetation or roughage's. Vegetation and/or roughage's are considered the most important Dioxin exposure factor. 

I would like to get a better understanding of this so I'm not worrying about using grass fed butter in my coffee. From a health advice perspective, I would assume it would make sense not to direct someone to consume large amounts of this on a regular basis, as the Dioxins build up as it's stored in our fat cells. 

Thanks and appreciate your response.

• How is Upgraded Glutathione 8x stronger than other liposomal glutathione products?

It's all relative.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

How is Upgraded Glutathione 8x stronger than other liposomal glutathione products?

=====

He actually explained that on one of the recent episodes during the sales segment.

• I missed that... or I forgot. I will relisten. Thanks.

It's all relative.

• What does a week of Bulletproof eating look like for Dave's kids?

and supplementation(times/dosage)

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• edited February 2014

I would love Dave to talk a bit more in depth about women and BP diet, IF, supplementation and exercise. 

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• I have a question regarding Dioxins in grass fed butter.

I'd like Dave to address this issue. It seems weird that we're trying to use toxin free coffee, but yet told to consume grass fed butter which contains Dioxins. Dioxins are stored in the fat of animals who feed on vegetation or roughage's. Vegetation and/or roughage's are considered the most important Dioxin exposure factor. 

I would like to get a better understanding of this so I'm not worrying about using grass fed butter in my coffee. From a health advice perspective, I would assume it would make sense not to direct someone to consume large amounts of this on a regular basis, as the Dioxins build up as it's stored in our fat cells. 

Thanks and appreciate your response.

Same goes for any grass-fed or pastured animal product where fat is present, which most of us eat liberally, and are therefore at risk for a higher exposure than most of the population.  Is there a specific dioxin detox protocol one can pursue, or perhaps specific antioxidant(s) that could help mitigate the impact?  It's a difficult issue since once in the environment it's extremely persistant and almost impossible to remove.

• Maybe talking about Candida.  Gut health is really important in your overall well being.  Can you interview Dr. Jennifer Daniels (I think her name is) on her candida protocol. 

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and recommend it. 

• I would love Dave to talk a bit more in depth about women and BP diet, IF, supplementation and exercise.

I second Neutney's topic request.

Mary

• I also hope Dave will talk more about women on the BP diet, and particularly IF.  I hope he will also discuss women and weight gain/weight loss, and what happens when women gain weight on the BP diet. 

• I would also like to hear more about women on bulletproof! Also more about bulletproof kids and parenting! I know there's the better baby book, but what to do if you came to bulletproof later in your child's life. Question would be: top 3 things to bulletproof your young children. Thanks!!! :)
  • Bulletproof coffee while doing Neuroptimal sessions. Why do some say to avoid caffeine. What is actually happening to alter the brain. I started the NO after listening to a Dave pod cast. I love it and think everyone should use it, but I am concerned about other people concerns of using coffee with it.

Also can I use modafinil with the neuroptimal or is that going to effect my results as well.

Thank you;)

• Bulletproof coffee and Neuroptimal sessions. Why is caffeine discouraged and is there science to back this?

• Is Bikram/ Hot yoga to stressful on the body?

• I would also like to hear more about women on bulletproof! Also more about bulletproof kids and parenting! I know there's the better baby book, but what to do if you came to bulletproof later in your child's life. Question would be: top 3 things to bulletproof your young children. Thanks!!! :)