What Smart Drug Is Best For Me?

Hello,

I am considering taking a smart drug. I am a 26 year old college student who works a 50+ hr a week sales job. I want something that will help me focus, concentrate and think better. I was thinking Piracetam because it seems easier to get? I have heard you need to take choline when taking it. Is that true. Also, what dosage should I take?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Hey nutman,

While my company does sell piracetam, it is not really the drug you want if focus and concentration are your goals. Some people do see it as beneficial for these purposes, but there are alternative options that can be more effective. Aniracetam and phenylpiracetam / coluracetam / pramiracetam can be effective in the racetam family.

One starting combination you might want to start with is 100mg of caffeine and 200mg of L-theanine. If you are already drinking coffee, just add a L-theanine supplement with it. You might find that the combination is far more effective for concentration.

Another good herbal option is rhodiola rosea, but this requires a bit of cycling. Of course, you can always try CILTEP or Modafinil for focus as well.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    edited February 2014

Next time you're at your local supermarket or pharmacy, grab a packet of nicotine lozenges or gum. I've been playing with 2mg lozenges and they have a great effect on my focus. They're not something I'll take daily though, but they're good to have in my toolkit.

Another thing worth mentioning is that you don't seem to know an awful lot about it. That's not an attack; just the way you wrote your post. With smart drugs, you're playing with the chemistry in your brain. I'd advise you to read up on them a lot more before you start dabbling.

• Thanks for the help Stevo and Brainstorm11. I will try some L-theanine and maybe some rhodiola. I will give the nicotine a try as well. Thanks for the advice Stevo. I know this is not something to take lightly. I was just having trouble narrowing down a smart drug that may work best, so from there I can do some more in depth research on it. I am going to try these other suggestions first and see how they work before I go any further. Thanks again guys! 

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Piracetam and CDP choline would be a great start. Depending on what kind of work you do you might consider adding either Sunifiram or Aniracetam.