Flavored/coffee Syrups?

I've been looking for the closest to bulletproof syrups for making flavored coffee drinks when we get the espresso machine going with friends.

I found the monin syrups, and their sugar free line appears to use both erythritol and sucralose. Should it be avoided since the sucralose is red-zoned? it seems most sugar free flavored syrups use only sucralose.

There is one brand I found, naturesflavors, that uses erythritol and stevia, but they've gotten some pretty horrible reviews (bad shipping times/customer service/incorrect orders).

Has anyone found other flavor syrups that are worth looking at? or had experiences with either monin or naturesflavors?

Also if someone has a link pointing to why sucralose is on the bad end of bulletproof I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• I'd give "naturesflavors" a shot. I have zero experience with them, but a brand that actually makes a pretty much green zone flavor syrup? I doubt there are others.

The customer complaints are not about the product itself, so, since they have exactly what you want, it seems the clear winner. For all we know, they may have their act together now on the organizational stuff, anyway?

Re: links about why sucralose is bad= I don't have any but I bet an internet search would get you going. You can search Bulletproof key words at the same time (bulletproof, dave asprey) to see if he posted anything in text form about it?

• Thanks mmejoanna, good point about naturesflavors, the complaints weren't about the product.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Corn syrup. Gotta make sure it's organic, though.

>this is a joke<

>pls don't eat corn syrup<

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I used to religiously order from Nature's Flavors. They do have some great products. When I ordered from them, they had just fine customer service, but I must admit that this was awhile ago. Another site I love is: Capella Flavor Drops! I HIGHLY recommend them! HIGHLY! Their flavors are RIGHT ON THE MONEY! :) 

• Just to wrap this up. I went ahead and ordered from nature's flavors, it took about a week or so but the wait was worth it. No ordering/payment/product issues, maybe they've gotten better, or i'm lucky, or some people just complained a lot about a few mistakes.

The syrups are not overly sweet which is good for me but others need to use a bit extra to get to the sweetness they are used to, the flavors are good (i ordered caramel and vanilla), and they don't have that sickly chemical aftertaste that starbucks style sugar-free syrups do. So +1 for naturesflavors and their green zone syrups.

• You may also want to try out Sweet Leaf products, I believe they are made with stevia. You can find them at your local health food store.

http://www.sweetleaf.com/products/sweet-drops-products

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

What flavours are you looking for? Yes, flavour with a u :p

You can get vanilla or chocolate from Dave which would be BP. I used to drink Vanilla Lattes from Starbucks almost daily. Yuck.

Going by this list (http://www.coffeeam.com/moninsyrups.html), I'd say you could do the following on your own:

- blueberry

- cinnamon

- coconut (of course!)

- hazelnut

- macadamia

- raspberry

- you could even try maple

I don't know how you'd make some of those into coffee syrups, but they should be close to BP if you try.

• I've been looking for the closest to bulletproof syrups for making flavored coffee drinks when we get the espresso machine going with friends.

I found the monin syrups, and their sugar free line appears to use both erythritol and sucralose. Should it be avoided since the sucralose is red-zoned? it seems most sugar free flavored syrups use only sucralose.

There is one brand I found, naturesflavors, that uses erythritol and stevia, but they've gotten some pretty horrible reviews (bad shipping times/customer service/incorrect orders).

Has anyone found other flavor syrups that are worth looking at? or had experiences with either monin or naturesflavors?

Also if someone has a link pointing to why sucralose is on the bad end of bulletproof I'd really appreciate it.

I use Nature's Flavors and I have had wonderful experiences with them! I actually typically purchase their flavor concentrates... and then sweeten with natural stevia (non-GMO). I have to say Nature's Flavors is incredible! I don't know HOW they pack such a wonderful flavor consider they boast: No Calories, No Sugar, No Nothing - ha! However, BE AWARE: you really need to READ the fine print because sometimes their products gets confusing, they say they're the same thing yet list different ingredients and what not.

I also use Capella Flavor Drops - Holy Hot Damn, AMAZING!