Blood Testing Recommendations - Sf Bay Area

I am searching for a place to get blood tested for food allergies and gluten intolerance or some type of comprehensive screening in the SF Bay Area. Reasonable rates would be a bonus! Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• mike2381mike2381
    edited March 2014

I don't think they do food allergy but the prices on other tests seem great, its at walgreens in palo alto. They DO require a physicians order.

• Advanced gluten tests in the SF Bay Area? Dude, have you tried the corner store?

Kidding. Only kind of. Dave did a podcast a while back with Dr. Tom O'Bryan, who I think had some gluten testing resources. 

Obviously there's WellnessFX, but that's not super cheap. If you have insurance, it should at least cover one free checkup and the testing the doctor orders during that checkup. Check your insurance, hit up your doc, explain the insurance situation, and ask him to order every test he can without being investigated by the insurance company. I did that a few years ago and got close to the WellnessFX baseline, minus maybe 5 or 10 biomarkers. 

• pmrtnzpmrtnz Peter Martinez

I would start with the Bulletproof Foodsense app if you haven't tested yourself yet. I'm unaware of any testing facilities, but the Coca Pulse test is pretty effective and could save you some money. All you need is the free app, and a reliable Bluetooth Chest Strap (maybe $50 max on Amazon?) 

Plus you can use it for HRV! 

I am searching for a place to get blood tested for food allergies and gluten intolerance or some type of comprehensive screening in the SF Bay Area. Reasonable rates would be a bonus! Thanks