Optimal Thyroid Levels

Does anyone have a good resource for what the optimal levels of TSH Free T3 and Free T4 should be. I am not looking for normal I am trying to find optimal levels for mental and physical performance.

Comments

• Interestingly since I've been on this site I've been able to almost completely quit taking any kind of thyroid meds.  I found the Tryptophan/Collagen dissolved solution (Podcast 95 I think) that I started taking at night has really revved up my metabolism.  Hot stuff for sure! 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
  • TSH should be under 1.5.  

• TSH should be under 1.5.  

Not sure that's possible if you're in a ketogenic state...

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Not sure that's possible if you're in a ketogenic state...

=====

:shock:  Can you explain why?

• The link doesn't have an ideal Free T3 or Free T4 for "athletes"....

@Parker, I have been taking Collagen but not L-Tryptphan.... which brand do you use, what was the recommended dosage.... your suppose to take it at  night right? I was going to get NOW brand.....

• I would be interested to know why TSH under 1.5 is difficult on a keto diet.

• I would be interested to know why TSH under 1.5 is difficult on a keto diet.

The thyroid is down regulated during ketosis.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• The thyroid is down regulated during ketosis.

This is n=1 of course but my TSH was at 3.52 after 3 weeks of Bp/keto with no cheat days or carb refeeds. Unfortunately, I didn't know about thyroid health before so I don't have a value.

I then switched to the Slow Carb Diet (with full on cheat days) and it went to 2.4. I'm getting back on BP/keto, will report what happens.

I wish mine was between 1 and 1.5, but I'm not sure how to get it there without dropping my diet for a few weeks, and I dont wanna do that.