Hack My Eye Surgery

If you didn't see my post about my toying with getting laser eye surgery, I've finally decided that I do want to get a surgery to free me from glasses and contacts for good, and that my research led me to going with the PRK option in the end over LASIK. Woo! I'm booked for the 26th of March and I am mega stoked.

The problem: the option I'm going with has a longer healing time and is more painful - which is where I'm hoping the hacking will be coming in. 

From my mad googling, I've found that the ideal plan of action so far will be to take the 3-4 days after the surgery totally off from school, activities, etc. During that time I'll be stringent about limiting the amount of light I'm exposed to, which means 3 days of naps, audiobooks, and listening to movies and tv for me. Also, being strict about eyedrops every hour will help. 

Now, I'm guessing that certain supplements and foods will be helpful during my recovery as well and I'm keen to toss that stuff in. From a few papers it does seem like controlling inflammation is going to be important. Good quality fats and proteins will also be helpful, as I've read from other people's surgery protocols. Circumin? BPC? Collagen? Salmon? 

Thoughts on other things that may be helpful? Thanks guys!

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file