Hacking Dental Insurance
After reading some posts, following recommended protocols, and doing some research; I am entertaining the idea of canceling my dental insurance and potentially saving a bunch of money.
Attached is a spreadsheet that anyone could use to input what they are paying for dental insurance and then see how much wasted money can be saved and invested.
My approach is to save the money the first two years and then invest it starting the third year for increased returns.
Pros of switching:
- I'm 26 years old with not many dental issues
- Buying a Dental Discount plan which alleviates some costs of dental issues and cleaning fees
Cons of switching:
- Event of major teeth problems.
- Discount plans are limited and require more out of pocket costs
- Balanced billing of services
Dental Discount Plan Providers:
Any advice or comments would help!