Emwave Users, Is The Heartmath Solution Book Worth Buying?

I can't for the life of me get in the green zone in the medium and hard difficulty settings.

Therefore, I'm contemplating buying this book for the Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-HeartMath-Solution-Revolutionary-Intelligence-ebook/dp/B004G8P2MS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Is it worth it? 

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

There's a certain online bay where you might be able to get this ebook...

• I lied. I am able to get it in high coherence about 70% of the time on medium. However,  the high difficulty setting is kicking my ass!

• This was me a couple of months ago.  Find some music you like and do some 30+ minute marathon sessions - I found that this is where I learned how to make the thing turn green.  I'm killing it on high now, but am getting my ass handed to me when I try highest.

I lied. I am able to get it in high coherence about 70% of the time on medium. However,  the high difficulty setting is kicking my ass!

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

None of the pirate sites carry the e-book. Luckily, I found a used hard copy of the book on eBay for $5, which I pulled the trigger on.

There's a certain online bay where you might be able to get this ebook...

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

The Heartmath site sells music that is optimal for one's emwave performance. I've also read that it helps one stay productive in other tasks, such as school work & job-related work. 

$5 for 12-minute worth of songs is kind of crazy. But if it works, I'm happy to pay the cost. Have you purchased it?

This was me a couple of months ago.  Find some music you like and do some 30+ minute marathon sessions - I found that this is where I learned how to make the thing turn green.  I'm killing it on high now, but am getting my ass handed to me when I try highest.

• The book is great--money well spent!  For me, the audio has the reverse effect and lowers my coherence levels.  About a year ago, I set out on a quest to record some HRV improving music that actually employs some music therapy techniques that I picked up when I was working as a musician for a hospice center.  I will release it one day and share it with you guys.

• The advantage of being a Grateful Dead and Phish fan is that I can commit to 2 songs and get a 30 minute session where I'm imagining I'm in my favorite place on Earth.  Definitely raises my HRV when I have a great show on but I have to truly imagine myself being there to see the scores increase.

The book is great--money well spent!  For me, the audio has the reverse effect and lowers my coherence levels.  About a year ago, I set out on a quest to record some HRV improving music that actually employs some music therapy techniques that I picked up when I was working as a musician for a hospice center.  I will release it one day and share it with you guys.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

The book is great--money well spent!  For me, the audio has the reverse effect and lowers my coherence levels.  About a year ago, I set out on a quest to record some HRV improving music that actually employs some music therapy techniques that I picked up when I was working as a musician for a hospice center.  I will release it one day and share it with you guys.

=====

Or put it on iTunes! Get some dollas for your hard work :-D

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

Word. If he puts that jawn on iTunes, I'll buy it with the quickness.

=====

Or put it on iTunes! Get some dollas for your hard work :grin:

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

PLEASE SHARE NOW!  :mrgreen:

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

'Preciate cha, brochacho.

I'm loving the app, and I especially love that it only takes up a little over 5 megabytes.

There is a binaural sounds app called ibrainwave on itunes, it allows you to set your own frequency in hz (4.0 - 40.0), it would be interesting to test different hz on the effect on coherence.

• mr. hooper: since you're a musician (and a maestro, at that...) do you think the music lowers your coherence because your mind and ears are stimulated to analyze it. i find this too.  i need it quiet in order to stay focused.

• Absolutely.  Music affects are a reflection of conditioning.  This became extremely apparent to me in the music therapy field when patients would react in the opposite way that the textbooks said they should.  I have composed music that facilitates the ease of higher levels of coherence, but they have all been conditioned from birth in Western music.  People who were raised in other cultures, or hate orchestral music may not benefit.  After a brief analysis, I concluded that very few people outside of the Bulletproof forums would have any interest in it.

• I may have to give up listening to my favorite music for a while because it's killing my HRV.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

The book arrived yesterday afternoon, and I'm already on page 117. Good shit.

• Any thoughts on running CES while doing HRV training?