Bulletproof Snacks?

Hi there. I'm relatively new (as in just started with BP coffee 3d ago and slowly trying to make the rest of my diet more inline with a BP lifestyle).

Anyway, my job often requires me to work upwards of 24hrs at a stretch and i often have a locker full of snacks to get me through, as well as the standard energy drinks etc. i though these were healthy but clearly the non-BP stuff just wont cut it anymore. Other than raw veggies, does anyone have any tips/suggestions for non-perishable, imminently portable, BP snacks? Any suggestions on a cold and portable alternative to BP coffee?

Comments

• Theoretically, you should not have much of an urge to snack on the bulletproof diet. The high fat content and return of normal leptin levels should keep you satisfied longer. I strive to do my cup of bulletproof espresso at 8 AM and then an eating window from 2 - 8PM.

If I get hungry before my lunch at 2, or before dinner around 8, I typically go for a handful of raw nuts. Check the bulletproof diet infographics for which varieties are best. Make sure they are raw, not roasted, and have been stored without being subject to excess heat or light.

For an energy drink, try making iced green tea with a little Stevia. Easiest to make a large batch and keep the pitcher in the fridge.
  • kale chips. bake kale leaves in the oven on a medium heat and then sprinkle olive oil and salt when done.
  • 'jond' wrote:

Theoretically, you should not have much of an urge to snack on the bulletproof diet. The high fat content and return of normal leptin levels should keep you satisfied longer. I strive to do my cup of bulletproof espresso at 8 AM and then an eating window from 2 - 8PM.

If I get hungry before my lunch at 2, or before dinner around 8, I typically go for a handful of raw nuts. Check the bulletproof diet infographics for which varieties are best. Make sure they are raw, not roasted, and have been stored without being subject to excess heat or light.

For an energy drink, try making iced green tea with a little Stevia. Easiest to make a large batch and keep the pitcher in the fridge.

Would you mind sharing where you bought your bulletproof espresso coffee? Or did you simply use the bulletproof coffee that Dave sells with an espresso machine? I prefer espresso coffee over drip coffee and had researched the internet in hopes to find a brand that was truly bulletproof...I wasn't successful, though. Hence, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know of the espresso coffee brand you are using image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
  • 'Sunny66' wrote:

Would you mind sharing where you bought your bulletproof espresso coffee? Or did you simply use the bulletproof coffee that Dave sells with an espresso machine? I prefer espresso coffee over drip coffee and had researched the internet in hopes to find a brand that was truly bulletproof...I wasn't successful, though. Hence, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know of the espresso coffee brand you are using image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

I just use the upgraded beans -- most espresso blends are naturally processed, not wet processed and therefore subject to mold.
  • my fav snack is raw almonds and cashews if your hunger they fill you up nicely.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Fresh coconut is cool too, but quite a bit of mess as well.
  • What do you work as? Got me curious image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ill usually have a delicious Whey/butter/raw egg smoothie, if you have a blender that is. (don't blend the whey)

Cold smoked salmon?

Avocados with pink salt is really good on hunger and high fat.

Dave's "Get some" ice cream? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Like sun said anything with coconut? like oil etc.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • I see the mention of BP espresso? For the mopst part with the exceptions of spome special blends (which are not BP) the only difference between drip and expresso is the grind. Get the whole beans and grind to expresso yoursels. BOOM, BP espresso!
  • cold cooked sweet potatoes if you don't mind the carbs image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.
  • TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka
    edited February 2013
    Celery is always high on the "dirty dozen" so make sure it's organic...but I spread macadamia butter on celery with some kind of fresh berry on top. "upgraded ants on a log"

Also avocado with pink salt, and raw almonds/walnuts/brazil nuts.

I've heard from quite a few sources that you don't want to eat too many brazil nuts because they are so high in selenium. I take them like a supplement about 2 per day.

EDITed this to *fresh berry and macadamia rather than almond butter.
  • Cold smoked salmon twisted around raw broccoli with salt & pepper works for me. Some nuts are easy and good to. Organic cold processed whey with MCT oil ?

Boiled eggs would be easy to bring. Advocados straight from the shell with salt is also easy like someone said.

From (honey) nuts and BP cacao you should be able to make a sort of snack bar.. But then you would not fully be on the the greens side
  • is almond butter bulletproof?
  • Would Any nut butter br if homemade?
  • 'Jason wrote:

Macadamia, or coconut.
    'Jason wrote:

Macadamia, or coconut.

Great thanks!......just curious why is it not ok to make a nut butter out of nuts like almonds or walnuts when they are on the green side on daves illustration?
  • 'Jason wrote:

Go for it if you want, almonds and walnuts have horrifying omega 3 to omega 6 ratios, plus they have more polyunsaturated fats than saturated fats, so basically the more you eat, the more inflammation you will get. They may be on the green side, but probably not ment to be consumed in a concentrated form like a butter, as I digress into paleo for a moment, in nature you find these is a shell and you have to work for each one, that's probably the best way to use them. Macadamia's have way more saturated fat than polyunsaturated so they are not only less inflammatory but more filling, so in this case, the concentrated form is acceptable. Make sure the place you buy them from has them sealed and refrigerated or they are possibly rancid.
    'Jason wrote:

Go for it if you want, almonds and walnuts have horrifying omega 3 to omega 6 ratios, plus they have more polyunsaturated fats than saturated fats, so basically the more you eat, the more inflammation you will get. They may be on the green side, but probably not ment to be consumed in a concentrated form like a butter, as I digress into paleo for a moment, in nature you find these is a shell and you have to work for each one, that's probably the best way to use them. Macadamia's have way more saturated fat than polyunsaturated so they are not only less inflammatory but more filling, so in this case, the concentrated form is acceptable. Make sure the place you buy them from has them sealed and refrigerated or they are possibly rancid.

awesome... thx for the info