Ketosis Recovery After Cheat Day

How long does it take you guys to get into ketosis after a cheat day? It seems like when I do a 4HB-style cheat day on Saturday, I don't get back into ketosis until Thursday night. This sucks, because I only have a day or two in ketosis before another cheat day.

Do you guys get into ketosis faster when doing a carb refeed like Dave does?

Should I just do a cheat day or carb refeed every 2 weeks?

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Go a little heavier on the MCT oil/ Coconut oil. It should help speed up ketone production. Also go lower carb a day or two after such an event.

Moreover, ditch the cheat days and save yourself the trouble  :wink:

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• It takes me anywhere from 2-4 days depending on how heavily I work out in between.

Check out my blogs 

www.bjjcaveman.com

www.theketorash.com

• Go a little heavier on the MCT oil/ Coconut oil. It should help speed up ketone production. Also go lower carb a day or two after such an event.

Moreover, ditch the cheat days and save yourself the trouble  :wink:

I can skip the cheat days and try carb refeed. I haven't done that yet but the cheat days have been helpful for my thyroid function, as per my tests. Hopefully a carb refeed has the same effect.

It takes me anywhere from 2-4 days depending on how heavily I work out in between.

Gotcha, maybe I should go heavy on the exercise immediately after. My workouts are usually in the middle of the week.

• Go, Doyers!

#ThinkBlue #KershawIsGOAT

• I have a very similar question. I started the BPIF yesterday with eating only between 2PM and 6PM rather than until 8PM. I had very few carbs.(Today just some green onion and 3 strawberries.) I'm not registering ketones yet (on ketostix). How long should I expect to wait before I'm in ketosis?

Thanks!

• Ketostix are pretty unreliable. If you can, get a blood ketone meter.

I think the longer you are doing this style of eating, the quicker your body can get back into ketosis.

I started out following Kiefer's Carb Nite book, hence the weekly carb re-feed. Found out later Dave also suggests it.

What he suggests, is only eating the carbs in the afternoon of the day you eat your carbs. From 2/3 till 8/9. (About a 6-7 hour window to pack in the carbs)

Overall, he suggests if you want to eat carbs ... eat them in the evening. (You're more insulin resistant then)

Kiefer suggests, if you want to get back into ketosis... fast the following morning and do a longer weight workout or do a cardio session of something get on a bike; cycle for 4 minutes, go all out for 1 minute. Repeat 4-6 times.

This will take out your glycogen stores in your body and you'll be back on ketones as a fuel.

• Ketostix are pretty unreliable. If you can, get a blood ketone meter.

I think the longer you are doing this style of eating, the quicker your body can get back into ketosis.

I started out following Kiefer's Carb Nite book, hence the weekly carb re-feed. Found out later Dave also suggests it.

What he suggests, is only eating the carbs in the afternoon of the day you eat your carbs. From 2/3 till 8/9. (About a 6-7 hour window to pack in the carbs)

Overall, he suggests if you want to eat carbs ... eat them in the evening. (You're more insulin resistant then)

Kiefer suggests, if you want to get back into ketosis... fast the following morning and do a longer weight workout or do a cardio session of something get on a bike; cycle for 4 minutes, go all out for 1 minute. Repeat 4-6 times.

This will take out your glycogen stores in your body and you'll be back on ketones as a fuel.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this. I have heard about Kiefer's book but never read it.