Most Exciting Recovery Hack Ever. This Is Genious!

SindreSindre
edited April 2014 in Physical Performance

http://recoverybreathing.com/science/

This is absolutely genious. And innovative.

Using a secific type of breathing you can comepletely avoid soreness!

Think you know alot about the breath and oxygen? Think again.

Check out this site and discover the power of CO2!

WHAT IF OXYGEN KILLS YOU, BUT IT TAKES 90 YEARS?

Not only is this great for athletes, but also anit-agin, immune support and so on.

I've been practicing for a few weeks, and it really has a huge impact on how i feel and function.

Mental function has also improved.

I think Dave should do a podcast with this guy.

EDIT: some people seems to think I'm selling this. I'm not, just sharing. You're welcome.

Comments

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2014

Hey that`s cool info. Don`t the yoga`s do that breathing exercise like that?

Been trying out Paced Breathing on my phone with the app and as you can set it at various settings or pace...well it`s a start and free. Also got the Heart Rate monitor for free as an app on the phone to further compare results.

Breathing Exercises and Laughter Exercises are things that really should be on top of everyone's game nowadays.

• I've made it half way through the text, does he ever explain the breathing technique, if not care to elaborate? He also says DOMS is caused by lactic acid, which is not the case. I'm not saying his breathing technique does help prevent or recover from DOMS, but saying it is caused by lactic acid buildup is old 'bro science' talk from way back, and lactic acid has never been shown to cause DOMS.

There is not conclusive proof on what causes DOMS, but one theory is micro tears in the muscle itself. DOMS is only caused by the eccentric phase of a muscle movement, and has nothing to do with lactic acid.

• I've made it half way through the text, does he ever explain the breathing technique, if not care to elaborate? He also says DOMS is caused by lactic acid, which is not the case. I'm not saying his breathing technique does help prevent or recover from DOMS, but saying it is caused by lactic acid buildup is old 'bro science' talk from way back, and lactic acid has never been shown to cause DOMS.

There is not conclusive proof on what causes DOMS, but one theory is micro tears in the muscle itself. DOMS is only caused by the eccentric phase of a muscle movement, and has nothing to do with lactic acid.

Hey sounds like you can teach us a thing or two in the science of just how breathing techniques work.

We have really no clue about that. The breathing technique does seem legit for the novices like us.

We truly believe that that this could be a dynamic hack if understood and done right.....oh yeah.....and free as the air we breath.

• Recovery Breath: 5 in, 5 out, hold 10 on out breath - builds up co2

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2014

That`s interesting. On the Paced Breathing we have been:

Inhaling for 15secs,  holding it for 1sec, exhaling for 15secs, holding it again for 1sec (repeat).

Total duration over 30mins.

It`s hard work and for some reason the inhale is most difficult.

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

might not be douchey, but it smells and looks like it

4099859_m.jpg?w=615&h=409

16$ btw

• Recovery Breath: 5 in, 5 out, hold 10 on out breath - builds up co2

Why not just breath into a bag?

• might not be douchey, but it smells and looks like it

16$ btw

great input to the conversation man! thanks.

• SindreSindre
    edited March 2014

Why not just breath into a bag?

because the 5 in 5 out activates parasympatetic response, and when done laying on your back it also promotes blood circulation to the extremeties

EDIT: and you want the CO2 from your cells travelling the pathway to the lungs (thats were it has all these cool effects). not your inhale..

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2014

Something tells me there is much more to you than first meets the eye Sindre Haga Andreassen (28). So you are from Oslo, Norway and have over 9 years experience in various forms of Yoga. These include Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga, Tao Yin Yoga, ACEM Yoga and Flow Yoga. Now we know very little about Yoga but it sure seems extensive. You could teach us all a thing or two without doubt.

The problem is you are relatively new here with few posts and it looks like you have just barged into the forum trying to sell a product and make a quick buck. Generally this isn’t the best tactic and community members see it as a slap in the face.

Looking at your web page (http://hathayoga.no/) we can see you do apparently have experience and credentials. Maybe you can exploit them as best you can for free here. Giving us the science and then the opportunity to show you the respect that you may truly deserve. May I suggest you start this thread again demonstration your sensitivity that has been praised for by the Budokon Founder, Kancho.

Just our opinion as we would like to expand our wisdom through what you already know and we are sure others would too.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

Thanks, fam.

I've been doing this technique since yesterday for a total of about 120 minutes (6 sessions of 20 minutes). I love it, so much so that I dished out the $16 for the 20 minute audio thing.

I've always had cold hands and feet, no matter what. I suspect that it has to do with poor blood circulation, and dry skin brushing couldn't remedy it. After a few sessions of this breathing technique, my hands and feet feel very warm, and I feel pretty energetic. Maybe it's a placebo effect. Who cares, though? I'm down with any placebo that makes me feel good.

I will go as far as to say that 20 minutes of this is better than a great 20 minute emwave session. Then again, I've never had success on the highest emwave setting.  :cry:

http://recoverybreathing.com/science/

This is absolutely genious. And innovative.

Using a secific type of breathing you can comepletely avoid soreness!

Think you know alot about the breath and oxygen? Think again.

Check out this site and discover the power of CO2!

Not only is this great for athletes, but alos anit-agin, immune support and so on.

I've been practicing for a few weeks, and it really has a huge impact on how i feel and function.

Mental function has also improved.

I think Dave should do a podcast with this guy.

• Uhh, you don't have to spend any money.

He teaches you the technique free of charge. The audio is very helpful and makes the whole experience a lot easier, but it's not necessary.

might not be douchey, but it smells and looks like it

16$ btw

If you had read the whole text you would have noticed that he presents theories on DOMS, and he is in no way stating that DOMS is caused by lactic acid, but by a multitude of simoultaneous stressors.

•  

If you had read the whole text you would have noticed that he presents theories on DOMS, and he is in no way stating that DOMS is caused by lactic acid, but by a multitude of simoultaneous stressors.

I read through the entire main page and in that he seemed to correlate lactic acid and DOMS, I then found another page under "The Practice" and then "Different theories on why we get DOMS" with different theories.

• I read through the entire main page and in that he seemed to correlate lactic acid and DOMS, I then found another page under "The Practice" and then "Different theories on why we get DOMS" with different theories.

I agree , it seems that he is on the main page. The way i understand it is that lactic acid can be a component in DOMS. But it's not the cause as i understand it.