Food Sensitivity Testing

Does anyone have any advice on what food sensitivity test to get and who to arrange one through? Are all food sensitivity tests basically the same or are some much better than others?  

I'm based in the US. 

Comments

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2014

I got mine done here. I'm warning you; it's not cheap. I dropped over $500 on my testing.

You buy a kit online, inside which contains blood sample bottles. You have to take them somewhere to get your blood drawn ($15 fee), and you ship them to a lab ASAP to have them begin testing.

As with most things, you get what you pay for, imo.  

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Either that or try the Bulletproof Food Sense smartphone app which is free.

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Either that or try the Bulletproof Food Sense smartphone app which is free.

Have you actually found sensitivities with that? I've yet to find one. Maybe I should test the obvious ones like milk products and gluten products.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I've only played with it a little, haven't properly tested it. I've read other ppl on here that use the emwave to do the same thing.

I have noticed that certain foods increase my heart rate though. I'll have to plan out some testing! Does anyone happen to have a list of all foods that exist? :-D