Hrv App Chest Strap + Android Combo

anyone know a good app for this combination? Want all day monitoring. 

Comments

• Bulletproof ModBulletproof Mod Welcome to the Forums mod

Welcome to the forum, oceankyle2!  

If no other member posts an answer or response, it might help you to search the forums because you will likely find your answer.  Definitely let the moderators know if you need any help.  

Thanks, and again, welcome!

• edited March 2014

anyone know a good app for this combination? Want all day monitoring. 

in the near future, Sweetbeat Android version & Polar H7. still waiting for them to release the app

also, make sure your android device is at least 4.3 and supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy)

• HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!
    This is what I'm wanting for as well.

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

• "Just get the polar h7 and the Hrv sense app."

I found this on a different thread. Plus the polar h7 site says it is compatible with most Androids like galaxy S3 and later. Hopefully the android version of food sense comes out soon.
  • Is there a reason to use the Emwave2 over a heart rate strap and mobile phone app?

• edited May 2014

"Just get the polar h7 and the Hrv sense app."

I found this on a different thread. Plus the polar h7 site says it is compatible with most Androids like galaxy S3 and later. Hopefully the android version of food sense comes out soon.

As far as I can tell there is no HRV sense app for android.

There are some other android apps out there though. 

• HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!

For information purposes the reason there is some confusion with android and heart rate monitors.

Most new heart rate straps are using the Bluetooth 4.0 aka bluetooth smart, aka bluetooth Low energy 

Google did not integrate the Bluetooth 4.0 stack until version 4.3+, plus not every phone with 4.3+ has properly integrated the Bluetooth radio and the new code stack.

The other problem is that not every not every app developer has coded their app to use the new 4.0 stack. Hence the clusterfuck

This is where IOS has the jump on android. The iron fist of conformity with hardware partners and app developers. For the average user who has no need or desire to do anything beyond what apple wants to let them do, "It just works"

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

• "anyone know a good app for this combination? Want all day monitoring."

for Android,

HRV Loggger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.hrvlogger

Still waiting for Sweetbeat too.

• Has anyone heard when the Android Food Sense app will be coming out? I believe there were some hiccups with a planned release this past spring, and Dave has mentioned it in a recent podcast as being imminent, but I don't see anything on the forum or app store. I'm ready and waiting with my Polar H7.

• In one week my friends will publish Food Sense app add on. They improved it a lot, because they are professional developers, so you will be able to enjoy totally new product. I have already contacted them in order to do my assignment for being first who will receive this app. I've met them when I've been studying in college and they always provided me with excellence in every homework task

• I use Polar H7 and Elite HRV (android) to measure my HRV - seems pretty reliable