Starting Bulletproof Habits At 20! Need Advice And Insight.

Greetings to all!

My name is Nick and I'm a 20 year old male, biomedical engineering student, and medical student hopeful! I am obsessed with youth and longevity to say the least, and I am currently practicing Bulletproof habits I have learned and developed. I would like to share my current routine, and I would love to hear feedback, advice, comments, and criticisms! My habits are geared towards maximum internal health, youthful appearance, and mental/physical performance.

My own bulletproof coffee: 5-6 tablespoons of Kerrygold Unsalted, 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of Upgraded Collagen.

My self-formulated tea: White tea with xylitol. (For collagen benefits)

The rest of my diet it not ideal, but it is the best I can manage being a college student with a meal plan. I only eat twice a day.

Lunch ~ 12 pm: canned sardines in extra virgin olive oil, 1 large avocado, added salt, blueberries/blackberries, and Kerrygold butter.

Dinner ~ 5:30 pm : Whatever crap meat they serve at the dining hall plus a heaping salad. I also bring my own Kerrygold butter. 

Intermittent fast from dinner until Lunch next day (17-18 hours)

Before bed:

.05% Retin A 3 times a week

Water with Upgraded collagen and xylitol.

Supplements:

5000 IU Vitamin D3

2 g Vitamin C

1 krill oil

500 mg magnesium

Daily walk for 20 mins

Cold shower every morning for 2-5 mins.

Workout Routine: Doug Mcguff's ~20 minute HIIT routine once per week.

If I have time, sprint workout once a week.

Foam role muscles ~3 times a week.

I have only been following a ketogenic diet for about 3.5 months and the xylitol/tea/Upgraded Collagen for 1 week. In the past few months I have seen HUGE changes in my physical appearance, energy levels, and happiness!

The theory behind my goals is to reduce long term formation of in vivo advanced glycation end products (AGE's), systemic inflammation due to food allergens, insulin-IGF1 signalling, and keep good mitochondrial health. 

Thank you all and feel free to reply!

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Welcome! Looks like you're off to a good start.

What time do you take your supplements?

Also, dig around, there's a thread on here somewhere where a guy managed to get out of his college meal plan so he could be BP.

• At my university it is mandatory for people living in dorms. I take 1g C and 5000 IU D3 in the mornings, krill oil with lunch, and 500 mg magnesium and 1g C before bed.

• edited March 2014

Nice! I'm 20 myself. I struggled with dorm food and meal plans in my first year, so I feel your pain. What school?

It's funny, we have almost the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch.

But back to the task at hand. What are your bottlenecks? Bottlenecks are the hindrances in your performance that are restricting you as a whole. Identifying your bottlenecks is the best way to tweak your stack for maximum effects. 

Biohacking Twitter

Biology Hacker Blog

[twitter]BiologyHacker[/twitter]

• I study at Texas A&M University. I feel better with moderate carbohydrates (50g - 75g) coming from fruits and vegetables rather than very low carb (less that 30g) but I avoid fructose as much as possible. The best part is that my food cravings are gone and I never get energy deficient to the point of brain fog and fatigue.

• Funny we have much alike as well.

My lunch is almost always a 2 avocado salad with olive oil and spices, canned sardines, and low sugar fruit.  I have dinner at the dining court too and often bring my butter and pink salt with me to put on items such as sweet potatoes.

Your routine looks great! Wouldn't change a thing besides maybe replacing krill oil with high vitamin  fermented cod liver oil (green pastures); you could get your omega's and vitamins A,D,E and K with the HVFCLO.

Peace!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file