edited March 2014 in Anti-aging

Does anyone know what Dave Asprey's take on mushroom coffee for immunity

is?

I just saw this video about it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4629k9WazE

it sounds like it could be full of mycotoxins, but I wonder about the immunity

boosting claims too.

Comments

• oh man I love Alex Jones, I bet if you give them a call on the mushrooms its probably similar to the stuff they have in Onnit's shroom tech, if you support Infowars go for it but you can always buy the mushroom powder and sprinkle it yourself. 

• edited March 2014

thanks,  could you post a link on the shroom tech?  It really does boost immunity?

My own limited research tells me that one of the best ways to boost immunity is

to take hydrochloric acid, as our stomachs are one the biggest aids to our immune

system in destroying undesirable bacteria and viruses and fungals which we either eat or inhale

and swallow.  The acid in the stomach destroys a lot of the bad guys.

Having a high level of hydrochloric acid presumably maintains  the efficiency of 

that system. It is said that one of the main burdens which  grains and especially wheat place

on our bodies is that  grains neutralize so much of the acid in our stomachs . Especially high-gluten

wheat , with its gluey, gummy composition (one can barely swallow it without something to wash it

down with. Oatmeal is high in gluten too, so there's an underlying physical reason for 'milk and cookies', 'coffee and donuts',

'cereal with milk', 'bread with butter', 'tea and crumpets', 'hamburger and coke', 'soup and crackers', etc.)

The reason that people need beverages with which to swallow their wheat-infused boluses is because its nearly

impossible to swallow the stuff without them. I challenge readers to go one day on shredded wheat in the morning without milk,

with a few soda crackers thrown in, for breakfast, then for lunch some plain bread cheese sandwiches with no butter, with some plain brown donuts for dessert, and a couple of big doughy barbecued hamburgers for dinner, with no BBQ sauce or mayo or dressing or onions etc. None of it accompanied by any beverages whatsoever to help get them down. You are allowed to drink water one hour after eating each meal.

I challenge you to do this for three days in a row, and report your bowel movements after three days of this.

Can you imagine the stomach acid required to deal with this level of glue once it finally reaches the stomach?

People with Celiac disease consistently suffer with hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid) which has also been

linked to  stomach cancer, asthma & rheumatoid arthritis.

Aspartame was invented by people researching a drug to reduce the body's natural production of hydrochloric acid.

(purportedly to combat stomach ulcers), so you wonder if they were really looking at ways to undermine the human

immune system and came out with Aspartame as a means to do just that.

Aspartame is actually made from  the secretions of genetically modified e-coli bacteria (phenylalanine is secreted

and is one of the main ingredients of Aspartame) so you have to wonder what's really

going on there. I would not be at all surprised to find that once Aspartame-phehylalanine finds its way to the e-coli in your own

intestines that it alters your own microbe population to attack stomach acid production and lower your immunity.

The BGH hormone (rbgh Posilac milk hormone which Monsanto sells to farmers  to stimulate higher milk production), is made at exactly the same factory

that Aspartame is made at, the same factory in Augusta, Georgia, and again genetically modified e-coli are

used in THAT manufacturing process.

In the case of BGH the e-coli produce the hormone with their bacterial cell walls and the BGH is harvested from the dead e-coli.

At a guess, the SAME e-coli probably produce both products: at once secreting phenylanine and producing BGH inside themselves.

So just imagine the ramifications of eating both aspartame and BGH containing milk products at the same time. Diet pudding with aspartame,

or a diet pepsi float , or aspartame sweetened milk smoothies at home etc.

imagine the fun this stuff gets up to when its introduced to your own e-coli colony in your own intestines.

Lowering stomach acid levels and secreting heaven knows what hormones into your body?

Posilac actually works by preventing mammary cell death in dairy cattle, so can you imagine what it does

to fungal infected cancer cells?  Stomach and intestine and breast cancer here we come, with your

immune system simultaneously overburdened by Aspartame?

video:

Monsanto & Cancer Milk: FOX NEWS KILLS STORY & FIRES Reporters

Now how's this for a coincidence?  Monsanto is lobbying the FDA to allow Aspartame to be added

to milk products

Can't wait for the Diet Nutrasweet Mocha Chip Butter Pecan ice cream energy shakes (with caffeine)to hit 7-Eleven.

So at 4 am on the graveyard security shift you get your immunity lowered to the newest fungal cancers Rockefeller labs manage to get

into all your grains and packaged foods, and at the same time you get your intestines colonized

with female cancer hormones.

• Lion's Mane a mushroom that increases the production of Nerve Growth Factor....have you looked into that?

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014

Fungi are some of the most mysterious fascinating organisms on the planet. The role that fungi had in the evolution of the human species and the future species is ripe with speculation. The topic of medicinal/magic mushrooms and "mycotoxins" is something everyone should look into and be extremely interested by. 

Why is it that the last part of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century be so focused on fungi and their metabolites? From the the magic of psilocybe mushrooms. To the anti-aging, anti-cancer, pro-immunity of the lion's mane, turkey tail, coryceps, shitake, maitake, mushrooms.  And the discovery/ re-discovery of the impact of lower fungi like water molds and yeasts  have on shaping our lives and our world. Not to mention that there are higher fungi/mushrooms that produce the most deadly compounds found on this planet.

And to address the OP. From my understanding half of the reason medicinal mushrooms are considered "immune boosting" is because they have metabolites which are very similar to chemicals manufactured by our very own immune systems. The other half is that with all foreign objects they illicit an immune response. But unlike an actual  bacterial, viral, or fungal infection which can infect your body these mushrooms can not divide and multiple, so they become a sort of microscopic target practice for your immune system. So that if a cancer mass develops or some outside invasion occurs in your body, your immune response will be better and stronger.

Edit: Lmfao, did not watch the youtube link before writing the above. Thought one of the replies about Alex Jones was a joke. Wow i guess everyone is trying tot get in on the ground floor of the coffee business. Mushroom coffee..WTF.

OP look into medicinal mushrooms very cool stuff indeed. If your in North America look into harvesting your own turkey tail mushrooms if you want something for a lil immune boost, real easy to find can't miss them. CHances are their are a bunch of wild mushrooms around you that can be beneficial. Just gotta poke around...

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Fungi are some of the most mysterious fascinating organisms on the planet. The role that fungi had in the evolution of the human species and the future species is ripe with speculation. The topic of medicinal/magic mushrooms and "mycotoxins" is something everyone should look into and be extremely interested by. 

Why is it that the last part of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century be so focused on fungi and their metabolites? From the the magic of psilocybe mushrooms. To the anti-aging, anti-cancer, pro-immunity of the lion's mane, turkey tail, coryceps, shitake, maitake, mushrooms.  And the discovery/ re-discovery of the impact of lower fungi like water molds and yeasts  have on shaping our lives and our world. Not to mention that there are higher fungi/mushrooms that produce the most deadly compounds found on this planet.

And to address the OP. From my understanding half of the reason medicinal mushrooms are considered "immune boosting" is because they have metabolites which are very similar to chemicals manufactured by our very own immune systems. The other half is that with all foreign objects they illicit an immune response. But unlike an actual  bacterial, viral, or fungal infection which can infect your body these mushrooms can not divide and multiple, so they become a sort of microscopic target practice for your immune system. So that if a cancer mass develops or some outside invasion occurs in your body, your immune response will be better and stronger.

Edit: Lmfao, did not watch the youtube link before writing the above. Thought one of the replies about Alex Jones was a joke. Wow i guess everyone is trying tot get in on the ground floor of the coffee business. Mushroom coffee..WTF.

OP look into medicinal mushrooms very cool stuff indeed. If your in North America look into harvesting your own turkey tail mushrooms if you want something for a lil immune boost, real easy to find can't miss them. CHances are their are a bunch of wild mushrooms around you that can be beneficial. Just gotta poke around...

This is an awesome musing on the place of mushrooms in human history (if not evolution). Some say that all of Judaeo-Christianity was actually a mushroom-worship cult, and that the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was a mushroom. It is a little confusing. I am a believer, myself, but this is very interesting to me, because the elements of communion are bread and wine, and Christ said "eat of my body and drink of my blood." It is profoundly mysterious.

Another thing that affects me about this whole thing is that I've been dealing with candida overgrowth and mycotoxicity issues. I have slowly convalesced by avoiding sugar and carbs (rocket fuel for candida albicans yeast) almost entirely, though I've discovered that completely eliminating them can be almost equally detrimental. Also I've been praying a lot. It is hard for me to believe that my faith is based on a mushroom cult, lol. Either way, that doesn't discount my belief in a benevolent Creator. There's a lot of good and evil in this world, and I believe they are constantly in struggling in opposition to one another. Chronic disease and illness would in my opinion be on the "bad" side.

• Surthrival has a awesome but pricey option for mushroom teas.  Most places in north america have mushrooms growing that you can harvest yourself.  Trust me no one else is really looking for them, especially in urban environments.

• You need to be very very very very very knowledgeable about mushrooms if you're going to be harvesting them yourself.

Do not eat random wild mushrooms without giving them some full testing. Eating of random wild mushrooms, without testing, can lead to death. Or a variety of other unfun symptoms.

On another note, Ganolife has some pretty awesome Red Reishi Mushroom coffee. I've had it before, and it was some of the best coffee I'd ever had the pleasure of consuming. :)

Surthrival has a awesome but pricey option for mushroom teas.  Most places in north america have mushrooms growing that you can harvest yourself.  Trust me no one else is really looking for them, especially in urban environments.

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Before delving into some of your ideas. 

One thing I usually mention in my mushroom/fungi raps is that it is interesting to also note that LSD a very interesting cultural force in the last 60 years also comes from  a fungi (ergot). More interesting is that ergot grows on rye/wheat. Even more interesting is that large scale cultivation of psilocybe cubensis (if you've bought mushrooms from a street level dealer, these were probably it) is also grown on rye berries. I'll leave it at that.

This is an awesome musing on the place of mushrooms in human history (if not evolution). Some say that all of Judaeo-Christianity was actually a mushroom-worship cult, and that the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was a mushroom. It is a little confusing. I am a believer, myself, but this is very interesting to me, because the elements of communion are bread and wine, and Christ said "eat of my body and drink of my blood." It is profoundly mysterious.

Another thing that affects me about this whole thing is that I've been dealing with candida overgrowth and mycotoxicity issues. I have slowly convalesced by avoiding sugar and carbs (rocket fuel for candida albicans yeast) almost entirely, though I've discovered that completely eliminating them can be almost equally detrimental. Also I've been praying a lot. It is hard for me to believe that my faith is based on a mushroom cult, lol. Either way, that doesn't discount my belief in a benevolent Creator. There's a lot of good and evil in this world, and I believe they are constantly in struggling in opposition to one another. Chronic disease and illness would in my opinion be on the "bad" side.

To me there is no doubt that the book of Genesis is referring to some psychoactive plant, it is (kind of) blatantly obvious. The magic in mushrooms and the magic from ergot and the fungi found in morning glory seeds is very weird. They convinced me that they can show a person 'god' to help people understand and know. I am without doubt that ancient mystery schools throughout the globe utilized sacred plant medicine and magic. The role all plants/fungi and animals (all life) have played in shaping human and cultural evolution is unimaginable. Darwinian evolution can account for so much of what humans see and discover, but the parts of evolution which are occult is  where the true mystery lies.  

Most people need to more deeply explore their personal connection to the rest of life. Most people don't understand the complexity which is the Earth's biome, their local community's biome, and their own biome.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited August 2014

Cool. Thanks for the info. Yeah, I totally get it. It's kind of strange, though, because we should perceive this knowledge that the fruit provides as a curse. But if it's related to fungus, and Christ tells us to partake of yeasty, fungal things, then is He telling us that we should go further into the knowledge of good and evil. The whole thing confuses me. I'm honestly not at all interested in consuming anything fungal probably ever again. And I will be low- to moderate-carb the rest of my life if I can help it. The stuff pisses me off to be honest. It causes anxiety and all kinds of nightmares for me, which would go perfectly in line with the knowledge of good and evil. The dreams I had when I was detoxing and steeped in the mycotoxins at the craphole moldy house I lived in were nothing short of apocalyptic and horrifying.

• Garrett you are right about mushrooms for the most part.  Most bracket or polypore mushrooms, ones that grow on living trees are very safe and much easier to identify than ground mushrooms.  I have pounds of reishi and mesima right now that are quite unique.  

As a newcomer, I would get a good guidebook and perhaps take a course with your local conservation department or university.  What I also suggest if you aren't that adventurous or dumb as I is to grow your own.  You can buy kits, or order spawn plugs to put into logs, or grow it on sawdust.  Mycology does have a learning curve and commitment to it.  I shouldn't have been as cavalier not knowing my audience.  Be safe BPers!  Mushrooms are worth the effort. 

• Thanks to Dave's last quarterly, I learned a little about medicinal mushrooms. I checked out Four sigmas website and found a new product called Mushroom coffee. It has cordyceps and chaga with instant coffee. They claim the coffee is mycotoxin free. I may pick some up, for a pre workout drink. Dave featured four sigmas cordyceps in his last quarterly and I've been highly impressed with them. 

• You're not dumb, thunder. :) It's actually extremely wise to pass over the 'adventure' of finding wild mushrooms. It takes a LOT of practice, and serious research, before ever eating any wild mushroom. Unless you have someone who is very very knowledgeable about wild mushrooms along with you.

Garrett you are right about mushrooms for the most part.  Most bracket or polypore mushrooms, ones that grow on living trees are very safe and much easier to identify than ground mushrooms.  I have pounds of reishi and mesima right now that are quite unique.  

As a newcomer, I would get a good guidebook and perhaps take a course with your local conservation department or university.  What I also suggest if you aren't that adventurous or dumb as I is to grow your own.  You can buy kits, or order spawn plugs to put into logs, or grow it on sawdust.  Mycology does have a learning curve and commitment to it.  I shouldn't have been as cavalier not knowing my audience.  Be safe BPers!  Mushrooms are worth the effort. 

• I've been trying out a bunch of Four SIgma Foods stuff recently. Really impressed with their coryceps and Chaga mushroom teas. I've been having them in the afternoon at work and get a nice but subtle boost of energy. Not tried the mushroom coffee yet.

• I just got a deal on the four sigma sampler pack.  I've tried the reishi and chaga so far BP style.  Reishi can hold up and still taste good with the butter and mct but I think you need a couple of packets of Chaga.  I'll update with the 'feels like' of each one.