Arx Fit Review

I had the opportunity to do the big five on an Arx Fit Omni at the Bulletproof Conference.  I programmed each exercise for ninety seconds a piece.  I am not entirely sure how many repetitions I did because my adrenals were off the charts.  It was like wrestling with a terminator robot.  I would estimate that I only did three reps per exercise.

The Arx Fit Omni uses a motorized drive belt controlled by a Windows tablet.  The software calculates the resistance that you can put up and maximizes both your eccentric and concentric movements.  Since almost everyone can handle more weight in the eccentric phase, the computer adjusts the load simulating "negative reps."

The handles (or belt for the squats) are connected to a series of calipers and straps.  If the trainer would not have been there, I could have probably figured it out without the manual, so it is not overly complicated to set up.  The motion was smooth aside from my limbs which shook a bit during the last repetition.

The workout felt pretty good, but I felt like I could have done more.  I was not as sore the next day as I am with my traditional workout, but I was also pounding an abnormal amount of supplements (even did a gigantic bag of IV vitamins), hyperbaric oxygen, and the Bulletproof Vibe, so my COX expression was probably compromised.

Arx Fit only leases their products.  The Omni has a $750/month USD price tag, so it is intended to be leased by gym owners.  I may have to try and convince one of the local gyms to carry it so that I can give it a longer trial, but it is going to be a tough sale.

Comments

• I had the opportunity to do the big five on an Arx Fit Omni at the Bulletproof Conference.  I programmed each exercise for ninety seconds a piece.  I am not entirely sure how many repetitions I did because my adrenals were off the charts.  It was like wrestling with a terminator robot.  I would estimate that I only did three reps per exercise.

The Arx Fit Omni uses a motorized drive belt controlled by a Windows tablet.  The software calculates the resistance that you can put up and maximizes both your eccentric and concentric movements.  Since almost everyone can handle more weight in the eccentric phase, the computer adjusts the load simulating "negative reps."

The handles (or belt for the squats) are connected to a series of calipers and straps.  If the trainer would not have been there, I could have probably figured it out without the manual, so it is not overly complicated to set up.  The motion was smooth aside from my limbs which shook a bit during the last repetition.

The workout felt pretty good, but I felt like I could have done more.  I was not as sore the next day as I am with my traditional workout, but I was also pounding an abnormal amount of supplements (even did a gigantic bag of IV vitamins), hyperbaric oxygen, and the Bulletproof Vibe, so my COX expression was probably compromised.

Arx Fit only leases their products.  The Omni has a $750/month USD price tag, so it is intended to be leased by gym owners.  I may have to try and convince one of the local gyms to carry it so that I can give it a longer trial, but it is going to be a tough sale.

Yeah it definitely looks interesting , would be handy to have one in the garage or spare room!
  • Whoa! $750/month is steep. I just submitted an inquiry on pricing and availability to Australia (the cost to ship 600 pounds over here will be crippling enough).

The concept is amazing, I really want to try one out. Heck I'm practically sold on the concept after watching the videos online.

The only info I'd like to find out from them are how adjustable they are to do a wider variety of smaller isolation exercises. Their design principle revolves around the big compound movements, but if you're a bodybuilder then there's still merit in being able to have a cable machine adjust so you can perform the isolation exercises you desire.

• Hi Hendo, I just enquired about shipping ARX to Ballina. I haven't had a reply yet but I'm wondering if you have found any gyms in Brisbane that have an ARX machine installed?

• Still interested in purchasing an ARX. I have an 18 month old OMNI that doesn't fit our business model. In Michigan, USA

• @ARXforSale said:
    Still interested in purchasing an ARX. I have an 18 month old OMNI that doesn't fit our business model. In Michigan, USA

Purely out of curiosity, how much are you selling it for?