Blood Values Help

Hey guys,

Just got my blood work back from my doctor. I was lucky to get even this stuff tested as asking for blood work in Australia is tumultuous to say the least

Please note; I was on less than five hours sleep before I got my bloods taken, and I had trained the night before. The test was done fasted.

I can convert the numbers if necessary. Not really sure what to make of most of it

30wuwp1.png
ogz1js.png
rjpern.png
2nvx949.png
345kjkg.png

Here they are as they were presented on paper

Bloods

Homocysteine

THcy - 6umol/L

Haematology

Haemoglobin - 158 g/L

Hct - 0.45

RBC - 5.1 x10*12/L

MCV - 89 fL

MCH - 31 pg

MCHC - 348 g/L

RDW - 12.7

Platelets - 254 x 10*9/L

White Cells - 6.0 x10*9/L

Neutrophils# - 3.6 x10*9/L

Lymphocytes# - 1.8 x10*9/L

Monocytes# - 0.5 x10*9/L

Eosinophils# - 0.1 x10*9/L

Basophils# - 0.0 x10*9/L

MRBC - 0 /100 WCC

ESR - 5 mm/hr

Cholesterol - 5.9 mmol/L

Trig - 0.6 mmol/L

HDL - 2.12

LDL - 3.5 mmol/L

LDLC/HDLC - 1.7

Chol/HDLC - 2.8

IRON - 15 umol/L

TRF 2.7 g/L

TRF SAT. - 22%

Ferritin 87 ng/ml

GLU (FAST) 5.6 mmol/L

TSH - 1.79 mU/L

CRP - <1 mg/L

Total B12 - 409 pmol/L

Testo - 21.2 nmol/L

SHBG - 31 nmol/L

cFreeTesto - 484 pmol/L

VIT D - 93 nmol/L
Tagged:

Comments

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

Hi J-brah,

I'm not the best at lab results, but if you sign-up on WellnessFX.com for a free account, you can plug-in the test results you just got and get good info on what they mean and what needs addressing. I highly recommend doing so.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• ^^Do that and report back on what's out of range. 

I would expect elevated BUN and creatinine from the training, perhaps some inflammation and blood sugar disregulation from the crap sleep. 

• Image Limit Exceeded here are the others 

2lkb7v9.png
    2d9o9bo.png

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited September 2014

Wow, are you on statins or something? Cholesterol is just low all around. I'd work to increase HDL if I were you, but I wouldn't stress about it unless I was getting close to 40 or older. 

I'd also try to bump up my vitamin D a bit, maybe add 2k iu a day or just work to get more sun. 

Time to get Life Extension MegaFolinic + Jarrow Methlycobalamin B12. Let the B12 dissolve under your tongue. The Jarrow dose is big, so don't do this daily forever. I take folinic and b12 2-3x / week now that my levels are good. 

I think your glucose being a tad over 100 is a function of poor sleep and perhaps also exercising the night before, especially since your trigs are so low, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you have reason to suspect blood sugar issues. Next time you get tested, don't do stupid stuff before the test :)

• edited September 2014
    I though the bloods I recived indicated that my cholesterol was high. I'm probably wrong, I'll recheck my conversions when I get home. Any suggestions for increasing my HDL

My diet looks like

Bullet proof coffee

About 70g butter

2-3 table spoons of mct

Usually have some whey and crestine in the morning

Sushi, avocado and mct while at work. Or an Avo and tuna with olive oil and mct.

Dinner is usually grass fed beef, eggs, broccoli (with salt and butter), sometimes also bacon and bread

I should have noted in the first post; I run out of most of my supps about 3 or so months ago, I only had Gaba and some b complex and some more gym related stuff. Whey, creatine etc.

kmdLS4x.jpg

As per the picture I have received a big iHerb order and I'm ready to rock. I've got a mega folinic and some chewable b12.

I often have these spouts of dizziness, feeling nauseated and so for like 20 minutes sometimes that I kept thinking were blood sugar issues. However my readings are always low when I get glucose tested (aside from this time). Starting to think it's a B12 thing. I often feel this after I have popcorn for the cinema (I know it's trash just an example >_>)

I'm taking life ex 7,000 iu D3 and two of the Vit D drops (so about 11,000 iu). Is that too much considering my levels. I've got some haematology data if anyone thinks it could help

Any other suggestions?

I really appreciate the help guys

• I though the bloods I recived indicated that my cholesterol was high. I'm probably wrong, I'll recheck my conversions when I get home. Any suggestions for increasing my HDL

My diet looks like

Bullet proof coffee

About 70g butter

2-3 table spoons of mct

Usually have some whey and crestine in the morning

Sushi, avocado and mct while at work. Or an Avo and tuna with olive oil and mct.

Dinner is usually grass fed beef, eggs, broccoli (with salt and butter), sometimes also bacon and bread

I often have these spouts of dizziness, feeling nauseated and so for like 20 minutes sometimes that I kept thinking were blood sugar issues. However my readings are always low when I get glucose tested (aside from this time). Starting to think it's a B12 thing. I often feel this after I have popcorn for the cinema (I know it's trash just an example >_>)

I'm taking life ex 7,000 iu D3 and two of the Vit D drops (so about 11,000 iu). Is that too much considering my levels. I've got some haematology data if anyone thinks it could help

Definitely check conversions, Tim Ferriss points out blood tests can be wrong or just anomalies and that that means it's not a great idea to jump into a supp regime based on one test. So it would DEFINITELY not a good idea to jump into anything based on one test with incorrect conversions. 

It's very surprising that you'd be that low on B12 eating grass-fed beef regularly, but I don't think there'd be a downside to supplementing, at least for a few weeks to see what happens. I don't know what the symptoms of low B12 would be or if your dizziness is related, might be something to research. How low are your normal glucose readings?

If you've been taking that dose of D consistently and got 37ng/Dl, I'd personally bump it up a bit. If D is one of the supplements you were out of for 3 months leading up to the test, I wouldn't. In that case I'd stick with calculating D supplementation by body weight. There are different recommendations on optimal levels (and a few posts around here on it) but I personally shoot for ~50. 

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

I though the bloods I recived indicated that my cholesterol was high. I'm probably wrong, I'll recheck my conversions when I get home. Any suggestions for increasing my HDL

if i recall correctly, you originally posted up the actual lab numbers in their 'native' form ie. metric/non-US units. you could have left them up...for those of us outside of the US to peek at. 

fake it till you make it

• Definitely check conversions, Tim Ferriss points out blood tests can be wrong or just anomalies and that that means it's not a great idea to jump into a supp regime based on one test. So it would DEFINITELY not a good idea to jump into anything based on one test with incorrect conversions. 

It's very surprising that you'd be that low on B12 eating grass-fed beef regularly, but I don't think there'd be a downside to supplementing, at least for a few weeks to see what happens. I don't know what the symptoms of low B12 would be or if your dizziness is related, might be something to research. How low are your normal glucose readings?

If you've been taking that dose of D consistently and got 37ng/Dl, I'd personally bump it up a bit. If D is one of the supplements you were out of for 3 months leading up to the test, I wouldn't. In that case I'd stick with calculating D supplementation by body weight. There are different recommendations on optimal levels (and a few posts around here on it) but I personally shoot for ~50. 

Been on the B12 for about two weeks and I don't REALLY feel much different.  I'll continue and report back.  The Vit D I was out of so I did like 11,000 IU for a week because I freaked out a bit.  This week I've been taking the 7,000 Life Extension Vit D.  Feeling pretty good ^_^

if i recall correctly, you originally posted up the actual lab numbers in their 'native' form ie. metric/non-US units. you could have left them up...for those of us outside of the US to peek at. 

They're in the OP right now, including all the hemp stuff.  Thanks for the interest. 

I really value your input guys and I honestly can't thank you enough for your advice.  <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file