Whole Body Vibration : Interesting Observation

I entered a spiral of salty wheat-based snacks last night. As expected, I woke up with stiff joints, puffy and particularly swollen lymph nodes under my jaw. I had my bulletproof coffee with a bit of 85% Lindt chocolate and a small squirt of Lipisomal Glutaione (separately). It wasn't until I finished 10 minutes on my whole body vibration plate that I noticed that I was limber and my lymph nodes had reduced significantly. Now there is no doubt that the Lipisomal Glutaione is also at play here as well. Not particularly excited about the idea of recreating this scenario to test what had a greater effect either.

If you haven't tried Whole Body Vibration, you might just be missing out on something special.

Comments

• I entered a spiral of salty wheat-based snacks last night. As expected, I woke up with stiff joints, puffy and particularly swollen lymph nodes under my jaw. I had my bulletproof coffee with a bit of 85% Lindt chocolate and a small squirt of Lipisomal Glutaione (separately). It wasn't until I finished 10 minutes on my whole body vibration plate that I noticed that I was limber and my lymph nodes had reduced significantly. Now there is no doubt that the Lipisomal Glutaione is also at play here as well. Not particularly excited about the idea of recreating this scenario to test what had a greater effect either.

If you haven't tried Whole Body Vibration, you might just be missing out on something special.

Wish I could afford one. Does sound like it helps to clean you out a bit. How long have you been off the sad type diet?
  • Wow! It's been nearly a month since I consciously decided to kick wheat (Ate some spaetzle on May 17th, 2012). I can't say that I've done a perfect job of it, but surely a significant reduction. Before that I had switched to mostly grass fed beef, bulletproof coffee in the mornings and reduced wheat/grain intake. So, I equate this to only poisoning myself a little. Still not acceptable.

I "woke up" recently and realized after looking at my recent Zeo data that I have been averaging only 6.5 hours of total sleep, and only 1 hour of deep sleep for the past two weeks. In fact, I only managed to get 8 hours of sleep once in the past 3 weeks. I slept 8 hours (and 6 minutes) last night and I feel much better. Unsure if I should attribute that to sleep, or simply the effect of having something to grab onto.

I have noticed lately that I am following a peculiar pattern. I feel like crap across all domains. Completely unmotivated in all areas, which is completely abnormal for me. I usually love my job and look forward to making progress there. I have a lot of passion around the Quantified Self tools, processes and community and using them to optimize my own life. I love to play with my kids and help them grow. Lately all motivation is gone. Then I will come across a nugget such as a new supplement, the vibration plate that my kids will now have to play with instead of going to college, wheat elimination, etc things are looking up for a day or two. After what I'm starting to consider the placebo effect, I'm back down in the dumps.

I've concluded two things so far. First, I can't expect to heal 33 years of damage without getting adequate sleep. Dave can get by with 5 hours because he's already at optimal health. I can't. Secondly, I'm likely suffering from withdrawals. I know that from genetic profiling and family history that I'm prone to addiction. I really thought I had dodged that bullet by never picking up tobacco or alcohol. After hearing Dr. Vera Tarman chat about food addiction on Underground Wellness I'm looking more into the possibility that gluteomorphin is my drug of choice. Thirdly, whether it has anything to do with withdrawal symptoms or not, I am certainly latching onto the negative thoughts of "this isn't working" when I haven't really given things a chance to work.

Next steps for me is to lay out an actual plan given all the information I have and break it down into manageable steps, track my progress and do a true assessment of what works for me after I've given it a chance to start working.

• I've concluded two things so far. First, I can't expect to heal 33 years of damage without getting adequate sleep. Dave can get by with 5 hours because he's already at optimal health. I can't. Secondly, I'm likely suffering from withdrawals. I know that from genetic profiling and family history that I'm prone to addiction. I really thought I had dodged that bullet by never picking up tobacco or alcohol. After hearing Dr. Vera Tarman chat about food addiction on Underground Wellness I'm looking more into the possibility that gluteomorphin is my drug of choice. Thirdly, whether it has anything to do with withdrawal symptoms or not, I am certainly latching onto the negative thoughts of "this isn't working" when I haven't really given things a chance to work.

Next steps for me is to lay out an actual plan given all the information I have and break it down into manageable steps, track my progress and do a true assessment of what works for me after I've given it a chance to start working.

When you are in a recovery mode, which is what going from SAD eating to BP eating is, you may need more sleep. Don't become upset if you relapse into old food habits. Recognize it and remember how it makes you feel, but don't beat yourself up. I recently came off a 3 month, depression induced, daily marijuana binge. Before this, I was eating paleo, meditating, and using dual n back training. I was also actively engaged in changing my belief system, to a more stoic/libertarian style. I was making good progress and was rarely upset or angered by uncontrollable situations. After 1 month of recovery, I felt like I did pre binge, but then I'd turn into an asshole. I have to keep reminding myself, its a long process to change your beliefs, where they are so ingrained, it becomes unconscious. My girlfriend keeps me in line, because my ego, sometimes gets the best of me. My know-it-all attitude, where I always have an opinion, is unattractive. Through my meditation practices, I find it much easier to be an astute observer, only chiming in when completely appropriate. Sorry for the potentially incoherent ramblings. I would like to know, how green on the bp scale are you? Do you do any meditation or emwave work?
  • Does anyone know if the less expensive vibration platforms, (like a walmart variety) are worth a darn? It's next on my list. Although I may make one from junk-salvaged parts if necessary.
  • On a related note, Crowdsavings.com (I think formally LivingSocial.com) has a vibration plate for sale:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.crowdsavings.com/oklahoma-city/7081-dzt-whole-body-vibration-fitness-inc-?aff_id=&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=oklahoma-city-active&utm_campaign=Daily Email - Oklahoma City - 06/16/2012[/font]

Sorry the link is so long. I'd be interested to find out if this thing does anything of value too. It's $389 and sends a link to
  • 'Clay' wrote:

On a related note, Crowdsavings.com (I think formally LivingSocial.com) has a vibration plate for sale:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.crowdsavi...006%2F16%2F2012[/font]

Sorry the link is so long. I'd be interested to find out if this thing does anything of value too. It's $389 and sends a link to

I did some checking and found this.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Portable-Vibration-Fitness-Machine/dp/B004CHMY0G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The one review said it wasn't 30hz, but only 18hz power output. I'd be careful spending your money here.
  • edited July 2012
    There is not much information on Upgraded Self regarding the Vibration Plate and how to use it. Maybe you can expand on that.

Also, I am curious why some models have hand holds like a cardio machine and some do not. It seems the handles would get in the way depending on what you are doing.

Thanks,

Tracy
  • 'Fredrick wrote:

Does anyone know if the less expensive vibration platforms, (like a walmart variety) are worth a darn? It's next on my list. Although I may make one from junk-salvaged parts if necessary.

For fitness, no, but some of the cheaper machines do a decent job of moving lymph or other therapeutic tasks.
  • I have a Bellicon rebounder. I think it has some of the same effects (very good for the lymph system!) - and it is less expensive. Just a thought! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • What you said it is very interesting.
    2.gif
  • Can anyone explain the difference between Whole Body Vibration and rebounders? Thanks image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />
  • Whole body vibration also may have a role beyond sports and fitness. Some research shows that whole body vibration,

when performed correctly and under medical supervision when needed
  • Gluten and grains are super bad things. I remember when I first came off of them, and I told myself 'this is what they use to fatten up cattle, and make their blood lipids and lard have unhealthy O6:O3 ratios'. It helped, Suddenly oats and cereal and multigrain bread didn't taste so good.

Tom Venuto who does 'Burn the fat, feed the muscle', has some good chapters on beating food addiction, and these mental techniques could also apply to other types of addiction too.

Sleep is the bomb. We need it.
  • edited February 2013
    'Tracy wrote:

There is not much information on Upgraded Self regarding the Vibration Plate and how to use it. Maybe you can expand on that.

I either stand on my vibe, stand and breathe in particular ways, or do t-tapp exercises on it. I find just standing I get warmer. At the BP Conference I saw some people doing yoga poses on the vibe plates as well.

There is a posts from Dave where he talks about what to do on the vibe near the end:

http://www.bulletpro...lletproof-body/
  • An exercise routine can help rid cellulite as it helps the connective tissues be firm, strong, and avoid accumulating excess fats.  A vibration plate offers several benefits that aid in the loss of cellulite.

First of all, exercise on a vibration machine revs up the metabolism.  When you stimulate the metabolism, it helps the body burn fat.  Secondly, vibration exercise increases circulation.  Thirdly, it aids lymphatic drainage.

Eating healthy, whole foods along with exercise will help the body metabolize fat.  Vibration exercise supports the body to do what it naturally does with very little effort, standing on the machine for 10 minutes a day. http://www.topsport.in/whole-body-vibration

I entered a spiral of salty wheat-based snacks last night. As expected, I woke up with stiff joints, puffy and particularly swollen lymph nodes under my jaw. I had my bulletproof coffee with a bit of 85% Lindt chocolate and a small squirt of Lipisomal Glutaione (separately). It wasn't until I finished 10 minutes on my whole body vibration plate that I noticed that I was limber and my lymph nodes had reduced significantly. Now there is no doubt that the Lipisomal Glutaione is also at play here as well. Not particularly excited about the idea of recreating this scenario to test what had a greater effect either.

• sounds like a lazy mans way for walking

dont waste your money on this junk!
  • According to physical therapist and personal trainer Ben Quist, DPT, most people stand on the platform with knees bent at about a 30-degree angle, while the surface beneath their feet vibrates an astounding 30 times per second. 

That vibration, says Quist, tricks the body into thinking you're falling. "This, in turn, activates the 'stress reflex' -- an extremely rapid muscle contraction," says Quist, owner of Form and Fitness, a Milwaukee health club and rehabilitation center, where he has been training patients on the Power Plate for over a year.  These muscle contractions, says Quist, are responsible for most of the benefits attributed to this type of exercise. http://www.topsport.in/whole-body-vibration

• The whole-body vibration platform produces oscillating vibrations that are delivered to the entire body. The vibrations are set at a frequency and amplitude that will provide a desired stimulus. Frequency, measured in hertz (Hz), refers to the number of vibrations per second; at 25 Hz, the targeted muscles receive 25 cycles of vibration per second, which makes them contract and relax 25 times in the same period. Amplitude, measured in millimeters (mm), refers to the extent of the vertical displacement of the platform during vibration. Higher frequencies and amplitudes increase the intensity of the vibrations. When an individual stands on the platform, the lower body receives the greatest vibration stimulus; the vibration lessens as it moves up the body. http://www.topsport.in/whole-body-vibration 

• Vibration plate is a method for fitness and exercise. They are said to be Vibration Machine that possesses a whole body vibration plate, where people should stand in a positioned manner. The use of vibration machine burns the calories in the body and strengthen the body.

The contractions brought on by a whole body vibration can burn fat, improve flexibility, improve circulation and oxygen levels and speed up metaboloism. 

• How is stretching with it?
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]

• How is stretching with it?

Its WONDERFUL! While it would usually take me five minutes of a basic forward bend to place my palms flat in the ground, I can do it in 1 or 2 while standing on the power plate.