Ramipril And Nootropics.

Dale Tobias BruceDale Tobias Bruce Writer
edited October 2014 in General Discussion

So,

Some of you may all ready know that I was placed on Ramipril (Not happy about this). My doctor and pharmacist..are..less than helpful when it comes to being healthy, it seems. They both say I should take anything while taking Ramipril. The doctor went as far as to say, nothing, including vitamins, while the pharmacist said vitamins would be fine and minerals.

I asked about CILTEP. cCholine and Creatine and nootropics of other kinds..but..they know little on vitamins and minerals..they know nothing about nootropics..claiming that the piracetam and aniracetam are likely causing my high blood pressure.

Reason for post: Does anyone here know if I could continue to take Aniracetam, Choline Piracetam and CILTEP with the Ramipril? 

I think I'll stop taking the Ramipril if I can no longer take the nootropics. My Doctor seems to be next to retarded..stating that the stress and extreme diet change have nothing to do with my blood pressure and that they rarely do. 

Fiction is the Truth inside the Lie

76819.jpg

Comments

• What is your blood pressure numbers?

Have you considered lifting weights?

• Dale Tobias BruceDale Tobias Bruce Writer
    edited October 2014

What is your blood pressure numbers?

Have you considered lifting weights?

I don't really have time to lift weights lol and after a day of work that's definitely no where on my mind.

My Blood pressure is everywhere, At one point it was 191/97. That was a month ago, recently, after a stress free..really good day.. it was 144/75. That was..Wednesday. I didn't check it today.

I might add, that for two months, I was 100% not bulletproof. I was working 17 hour days..in an environment that didn't allow me to make BPC or eat bulletproof(ly?). Was mostly Pizza Pockets half heated and a lot of Tim Horton's. I'm only just getting back onto the Bulletproof diet now. Though, I have definitely not cut out cheese just yet, This natural Cafe started doing Quesedillas...One word.. Legend.....wait for it

ARY! They are amazing..AND Healthy!

76819.jpg

• I don't really have time to lift weights lol and after a day of work that's definitely no where on my mind.

It seems you have a health issue - potentially serious - you may want to prioritize what's on your mind.

• Your going to have to do the research and make the decision on your own. You seem to have the idea that Western doctors/pharmacists  are quacks. So you'll have to make the choice, you can play by their rules or make up your own. 

I think you have got one thing right though. I would not take the ace inhibitor along side all those nootropics.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Western docs are clueless as to nootropics.  I've fired my last 2 old frau doctors for not keeping up with the field, I went with a NP instead who's probably late 20s, fun, and open to new ideas.  It's working out well.

• I would strip things down and monitor. In other words keep eating right and taking supps, but maybe hold off on nooptropics for now. If you work a lot, stress a lot and don't get enough sleep it will elevate cortisol which can raise bp. Also nutritonal/mineral imbalances can contribute to elevated bp. Pottasium, sodium, calcium, magnesium can all affect bp and heart rate.

If you have a bp monitor at home, check it every day and keep a log of what your doing nutriton, sleep and stress-wise. An appropiate amount of rest and regular exercise will help the quickest. If you're not used to exercise, daily walks will help. Ideally, 3 days a week of higher intensity exercise and the other days take a 30 minute (or more) walk. High intensity means whatever is high intensity for you - don't push yourself all at once. The low intensity walks also help to lower cortisol.

• I would strip things down and monitor. In other words keep eating right and taking supps, but maybe hold off on nooptropics for now. If you work a lot, stress a lot and don't get enough sleep it will elevate cortisol which can raise bp. Also nutritonal/mineral imbalances can contribute to elevated bp. Pottasium, sodium, calcium, magnesium can all affect bp and heart rate.

If you have a bp monitor at home, check it every day and keep a log of what your doing nutriton, sleep and stress-wise. An appropiate amount of rest and regular exercise will help the quickest. If you're not used to exercise, daily walks will help. Ideally, 3 days a week of higher intensity exercise and the other days take a 30 minute (or more) walk. High intensity means whatever is high intensity for you - don't push yourself all at once. The low intensity walks also help to lower cortisol.

Indeed, sleep was the other thing..I just kept forgetting what else. My sleep pattern is horrendous. Wake up to every little effing noise, can't use music or ear plugs because I am constantly on alert in case my grandmother needs me or something..So even while asleep, I am still stressing. I do take a twenty minute walk every evening though, that's generally my relax time.

To Bob Ross up there, I'm not sure I said all western doctors were incompetent, only that the ones who say stress, sleep and diet are irrelevant, are. Any doctor who says take a prescription, over changing your lifestyle a little, is incompetent in my books. Especially when he thinks that taking 2200 mcgs of K2 is toxic..and that 5000IU's is one step away from the lethal amount.

I think I'm just going to stop taking the medication, it makes me feel like absolute shit anyway, got a long fine without it before a random doctor took my blood pressure at a bad time.

76819.jpg