Inflammation In The Brain

Is it possible to actually feel inflammation in the brain? Is this a dumb question?

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

Actually no not really. You don't have these kinds of nerves in your brain. At least in most part of your brain.

The guy from selfhacked says you can feel brain inflammation in the hypocampus by tiredness.

As someone with MS I can tell you my brain can be on fire and I don't feel anything. But other symptoms for inflammation can be loss of muscle control, vision problems, cognitive performance issues. Even a decrease in reaction time, memory loss, loss of bladder control, balance etc. etc.... and sometimes people may have some kind of a headache but that is very rare. This is why MS is called the disease with a thousand faces in Germany...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Does the brain swell when its inflamed?

I used to have the feeling of my brain being swelled up. Told me ex for years about it. But she just shook her head. When I started eating paleo it went away within a week. As did a swelling in my face. 

Here is a thread where they talk about different supplements to bring down brain inflammation, in case you want to do a self experiment.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/non-standard-anti-anxiety-treatment.6432/

• I have had that feeling also, and it has been diminishing since I started a high fat diet, but it really seems to go away when I take Curcumin.  I really feel a lot better and a lot more mentally clear when I take it.

My family has early-onset Alzheimer's, and I'm looking for any way to keep inflammation down.

• hmm not sure, but most people are deficient in Omega 3 fatty acids which cool inflammation in the body. So maybe try eating foods like salmon, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc. 

Holistic Nutritionist: bethleahnutrition.com 

• hmm not sure, but most people are deficient in Omega 3 fatty acids which cool inflammation in the body. So maybe try eating foods like salmon, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc. 

Stick to more bioavailable forms of Omega 3 , such as fresh wild seafood or shellfish... The Omega-3s in the plant based sources you listed are very weakly converted in the body. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Not feel it ,but you may be able to smell serious inflammations.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• @Reka

I am curious as to what inflammation smells like?