Comedy Sketches

KentekaKenteka
edited November 2014 in Gangster Banter
Some friends of mine have been working on some comedy sketches

A London Stream mocumentary sponsored by "Boja.com" selling rancid Tibetan yak's butter!

A longer episode is still in post production. Here are a few shorts.

Any thoughts on developing the characters would be most welcome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd5s78A4IEU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfivab9LebI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6oFiV8_24

Comments

• More Qigong, Yoga, martial arts instructional demo master class tutorials and beard pulling by Elif in the comedy sketches,. Great to see her take on making BP coffee too. 

Dan needs to look more 70's or chav.

• Apologies I have posted an unlisted link for the comedy shorts

Here are the correct ones where you can suggest feedback directly to the creators of the project. There is a longer episode in post production.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd5s78A4IEU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfivab9LebI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6oFiV8_24

[email protected]

One idea I have for Master Sum Ting Wong (and this is from personal experience, don’t ask!) is when the Master decides it is time for his newbie students to practise a secret breathing technique to become impervious to attack! The students are taught the exercise and told to practise it with their eyes shut for 15 minutes. The Master goes into the back room and some odd sounds are heard. The master comes back with a 2inch thick 5foot long bamboo cane. Creeps up behind each student then whacks them on the back sending them flying. It soon ends in a farce with the students running round the room tring to escape the Master.

• Hilarious sketches there Kenteka.

My Kurdish friend often answers the phone to, "Amir". That's his name. One day I called him and said ''Amir?'' The answer back was ''yes''.  

Not recognising his voice I said again ''Amir?'' The answer back was ''Okay!''

​Still not convinced I continued to pursue the question again ''Amir?'' A very confused and frustrated voice replied ''yes you silly bugger so am I, I`m here too!'' and he put the phone down on me.

Could work for the Master Sum Ting Wong character too. ''Hello, Sum Ting Wong?''.....answer ''No nothing'' etc...

• okay, i watched it all the way through, and could not find the lols. not sure what was supposed to be funny about it...the facial hair, accents, and leopard penis? must be a UK thing. 

• NickatNickat
    edited November 2014

okay, i watched it all the way through, and could not find the lols. not sure what was supposed to be funny about it...the facial hair, accents, and leopard penis? must be a UK thing. 

Boo Boo drum boo....lol......or an american thing if what you are saying is true.

• Could work for the Master Sum Ting Wong character too. ''Hello, Sum Ting Wong?''.....answer ''No nothing'' etc...

So obvious we completely missed it! I can see it working well with some phone jacker style animation.

Thanks Nickat.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I did a comedy writing course many years ago and the best thing I learnt from that was, "Comedy is not about writing; its about re-writing."

I also made some bizarre comedy films with my friends a few years ago. Now that I look back on them, I can be more objective since I am now more removed. I can see that most of the things I found funny were inside jokes or merely excitement from the fact we were making a funny movie together and the nervous silliness that comes from that. There was very little in my script or the films that was actually funny.

I do get the impression you are doing the same thing I did. I don't want to shit on your videos, good on you all for doing it. Even if you just have a great laugh yourselves it is worth it. If you want to make a good go of it, keep going, keep going, keep going!

• I was a stand-up for a while and did some sketch as well - did a lot of collaborative writing and editing for friends.  Feel free to PM me if you want to run anything by me in private.

I did a comedy writing course many years ago and the best thing I learnt from that was, "Comedy is not about writing; its about re-writing."

This is very true, but it is also about writing.  A beginner can write 30 minutes of material, but the truth is that they are lucky to have 3-5 minutes of quality there - that's where re-writing comes in.  It is as important to write the 30 minutes as it is to shave off the shitty 27.  It is more work than most realize.