Would You Date A Vegan?

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Just stumbled upon this gem on Yahoo!

Please make fun of it with me.

Some highlights:

Quick, picture a bunch of vegans.

Chances are, the stereotype you just conjured wasn’t of a gaggle of strapping gents with bulging biceps. But then, you probably haven’t met the six vegans NPR’s “All Things Considered” interviewed this week—among them a bodybuilder, a triathlete, and a mixed-martial arts fighter—who got together to barbecue beet burgers and prove that it’s more masculine to protect the planet and its animals than to destroy them.

Those who choose to cut meat out of their lives are often doing it for admirable reasons: to save animals, lessen environmental footprints, and improve their health

They're doing it wrong.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

The triathlete and the bodybuilder are actualy hot. I know, this is off topic but I didn't read the article itself. :oops:

Edit: After realising this is in the Gangster Banter scetion I feel free to add the other one could be hot if he shaved! :twisted:

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• My girlfriend of three years is Vegetarian, but eats fish, so quite far remove from being a Vegan, but I don't think her interpretation of the vegetarian diet is doing her any good at all. She essentially eats cereals and grains for at least two meals a day. I've never seen her eat fruit or many vegetables at all.

One of my closest friends is Vegan, again, ive never seen him eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable. He doesnt seem very healthy either.

There are people out there who can thrive on any diet, including Vegans.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

The triathlete and the bodybuilder are actualy hot. I know, this is off topic but I didn't read the article itself. :oops:

I don't disagree lol. Now if only he ate a proper diet!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    I couldn't date a chick that didn't eat meat ;-) ;-) nudge nudge, say na more, say na more!
  • DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

10338224_887371624617183_141064905082543

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I find it a little shallow to judge a person based on their diet of choice as long as they are trying to be heathy and doing the best they can.  Watch a few more Saturday morning specials, because the moral of the story is that it matters whats on the inside...of their bank account.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

Oh, I agree. I don't mean to pick on vegans in particular-- it's the article and its "facts" that I take exception to. The article was pretty silly-- especially the flagrant masculine posturing/policing aspect. I also liked how they brought up that veganism is environmentally-friendly (compared to any diet with a carnivorous aspect) and that it's super healthy.

As we all know, it's not an optimal way of eating. And agriculture does its fair share of damage to the Earth's environment. We're not a fan of CAFOs and such around here, so I reckon we see eye to eye with the vegans where those are concerned, at least.

• edited July 2014

Of course I'd date one!  A lot of vegans are really insecure and are easily fed confirmation bias.  A fair amount of the women also happen to be super-hot.  All of their deprivation plus a little confirmation makes it really easy to get them to do things sexually that healthy people would never consider.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I'd date (i.e Fuck) one, just wouldn't be one ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

If being vegan makes them more masculine... more meat for me. Win win I guess.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• My girlfriend of three years is Vegetarian, but eats fish, .

What a coincidence, I'm also a vegetarian, except I also eat meat.

• Every Vegan I've met in real life has been severely obnoxious. I don't start a conversation about food and health, but if you're going to come at me with all your facts and how it's improved your life and THEN how everyone else should be eating the same way you're eating is just ridiculous in my opinion. I'm not saying this is every vegetarian or vegan, but they just love to assume a lot and attack people who eat meat frequently and arrogantly. We don't all eat cheeseburgers and fries 7 days out of the week. Especially in this community we devour huge amounts of vegetables daily for good reason. They're good for you - highly nutritious and great inhibitors of disease, nobody here advocates against vegetables. But when people come out claiming we're herbivores and that's all their talking about all the time and how they're "better humans" it clearly shows a lack of poor socializing skills and thus I personally just jump ship and move on.

the system around you is not necessarily aligned with your incentives in mind

memento mori

• I'm vegan, and been vegan since about the mid 90's. Also married for 35 years to a carnivore/ omnivore. I don't push my beliefs on anyone, but if asked I do talk about the benefits. My preference for veganism is because of my love for animals. I believe they have the same rights to life as humans, so I simply chose to not eat them. I did eat animals for many many years, and a few meats I did enjoy, but for the most part, never really liked the taste of meat, so giving it up was not hard. Dairy on the other hand was a bit harder, and I do still on occasion cheat, but when I think about my health, I like to remain a healthy whole-foods vegan. I would like to try the bulletproof diet, but a lot of the foods I am to eliminate from my diet are a lot of the foods I do eat. Mostly being grains and soy. However, I have never hand an intolerance to wheat, though I really do not eat all that much anyway. I found this site through Rodale Press and find it interesting. I am going to do more reading on this to see if I am about to follow this despite my vegan lifestyle.
  • Fish are vegetables? I learned something new today!

900x900px-LL-732a52cb_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

• Fish are vegetables? I learned something new today!

900x900px-LL-732a52cb_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Swanson_Pyramid_of_Greatness.jpg

"Fish meat is practically a vegetable."

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file