Lipocuetical Glutathione & Activated Charcoal

Regarding lipocuetical glutathione - I find "reduced" glutathione at my local health food store in pill form. One type is called L-glutathione. Is that close enough? image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' /> And what's the recommended dosage?

No problem finding activated charcoal on the same shelf... what's the recommended dosage for that one?

I'm pretty stoked about getting 49 years of junk out of my body. image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />

Comments

• Take about 520mg of Charcoal with a meal up to three times a day. That is generally two pills per meal.
  • Does anyone know if "reduced" glutathione is ok? I was wondering about this too.

• Does anyone know if "reduced" glutathione is ok? I was wondering about this too.

Bump image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Never mind, found the answer. L-glutathione is easily digested in the stomach to l-cystine &al.; either take glutathione intravenously, or find liposomal/"LipoCeutical" glutathione (glutathione is wrapped in layers of fat and allowed to go through the gut wall). It's no longer sold on Bulletproof, but Amazon has it (it's not cheap, however...).
  • However, nota bene, raw milk (including, presumably, the grass-fed supposedly-undenatured whey powder Dave offers) and raw egg whites also contain dietary glutathione that is supposedly well-absorbed. Apparently, glutathione proteins are so fragile that even physical mixing can denature them, so don't whip your egg whites into merengues if you want glutathione image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • edited September 2012
    'zleman93' wrote:

Take about 520mg of Charcoal with a meal up to three times a day. That is generally two pills per meal.

Up to three times a day with a meal? Wouldn't you only do that if you didn't want to absorb the nutrients?

I realize I'm a little late responding, but of course there are still people reading the post for the first time, like I just did.
  • I bought some of this but haven't gotten really into it, mainly cause of dosing and when to take it, and also if I have bought the correct kind because I have seen conflicting info on here. I saw Dave mentioned about something called acid washed coconut charcoal extra fine in the comments of one of his articles, as anyone tried this stuff?, because it seems different to the one Dave recommends through a link in one of his articles.

Also after listening to a podcast Dave was on, I have more of a sense of urgency to start taking this because of what he said about grass fed meat, that nearly all of it is aged so therefore the meat when it gets hung gets loads of lovely mold growing on on it that they cut off, hmmmm nice image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . Which now leaves me with a problem, when to take it?, because when I thought my meat was awesome I had planned on taking it 2-3 hrs after my meal so I could take my other supplements away from it, but now am starting to think maybe I should take it like Dave said if your going to a restaurant before or during your meal.
    There is a vegetarian option... You can fuck off - Frankie Boyle
  • 'zleman93' wrote:

Take about 520mg of Charcoal with a meal up to three times a day. That is generally two pills per meal.

Creekwalker is right, I recall Dave mentioning that activated charcoal attaches to protein and other nutrients, and that he only took it with food when he knew he was going to eat a meal that was less than bulletproof. To detox, you should take it between meals, at least one hour after eating and at least an hour before your next meal.