I'm Still 48Kg At The Age Of 31

Hi !

I'm very thin ans skinny guy seeking to increase my weight. I've used casein / whey / serious mass / creatine / glutamine / BCAA for around a year while I was lifting. Then I get dishearted because even those expensive products were not showing their effect. I hit 52KG at that time of training around 7 months ago. But again at 48KG at the time of writing. I've used multivitamin and have seen some local doctors (Hakeem) for 3+ months regularly but REALLY NOT EFFECTS. My Family is of same weight series and I know that all stuff is due to genetic reasons.

After much research I thought to use AAS but again it has temporary effect. My main problem is that I do not feel hungry. To tackle that problem I've used some tricks like to take a lemon juice as after awekening up (For some months). But again I'm 48KG at the time of writing. What should I do? Read some book from amazon? Use AAS? Do nothing?

Please reply as I'm in need of your helpful advises.

Regards

Sheikh Naveed

Comments

• Some tips in this podcast:

http://chriskresser.com/how-to-gain-weight-on-a-paleo-diet

It may be genetic, however you can still try different strategies to change that:

1) Make sure you are consuming enough calories above your daily needs...3000 or 4000...do the math.

Considering you are not hungry, you most likely will have do drink them in the from of BP coffee and protein powders.

2) Do lift heavy to built muscle with all those calories. Perhaps pure glucose post workout, if you are into it. 

This, of course, doesn't mean you have to skip real food.

Of course, this may not work, as it hasn't for this guy. 

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/66-the-calorie-myth-with-jonathan-bailor-podcast/ 

Good luck!

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Carbohydrates seem to be helping most humans gain weight. Which is kind of what Kiefer suggests.

• Carbohydrates seem to be helping most humans gain weight. Which is kind of what Kiefer suggests.

Good point. Carbs, protein and insulin (think carbs, whey, leucine) all stimulate mTOR and make things grow, as does excess calories.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

i believe that the krispy kreme original glazed donut has been proven* (*i saw it on the tv) to have the perfect macro ratio to promote the appetite and promote weight gain (or should that be fat gain).

so if you can apply that ratio to BP friendly foods, you may be on to a winner...

so a krispy kreme original glazed donut breaks down like this;

fat: 53% cals (25.2g/100g (saturated: 13.7g/100g))

carbs: 42% cals (45g/100g (sugar: 22g/100g))

protein: 6% cals (6g/100g)

fiber: 0

in summary the 'food scientists' reckon foods containing ~50% cals from fat & ~50% cals from carbs, should keep you coming back for more...

fake it till you make it

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

Are you sure there is no underlying cause for this? It doesn't sound like simply just a diet issue to me.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• You are struggling with what many folks who get into the bodybuilding lifestyle suffer from. After some time being what you perceive as consistent with training and diet you do not see the mass gains you expect and consider steroids and more magic pill supplements. My guarantee to you is that every forum board you go to and post this question on in that realm, where most of or all members have vast experience using, the response will be mostly the same. Use of AAS should not happen until you have reached and passed your genetic limit and learned how to gain mass without them, and clearly you have not.

Really when people are not gaining mass it boils down to one of three things. You could be overtraining or under training, but let's be honest and say most overtrain. You may not be getting enough recovery time for your muscles to repair and grow, or you are not eating enough. Caloric intake and timing is usually the reason most people who lift reach a plateau and don't gain, second closest is the overtraining piece.

Working out for a year and not seeing results is a drop in the bucket. Do you log your workouts, exercises, sets and reps? How many days a week are you lifting, resting, cardio? When trying to gain mass, what does your daily diet look like? Are your workouts incorporating deadlifts and squats or are you just doing bench press?

On the most basic level, you lift and it makes rips in your muscle fibers. You rest and feed those muscles to repair them and they adapt to the workload or strain you put them under. Over time an increasing the amount of strain provided you are allowing for repair and recovery(eat and rest) your muscles grow. If you are not gaining muscle and getting heavier, some piece of that is not happening. Individually it may be hard to asses which of these you are doing wrong unless you keep meticulous data(food log,sleep log,training log) to analyze and adjust accordingly when results are not met.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file