Bulletproof Hater Obsessed With "the Organism"

2»

Comments

• interesting. how does sucrose factor into the bulletproofness of it? more = worse? according to the ones i linked above sweet potato has more sucrose than anything...

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

interesting. how does sucrose factor into the bulletproofness of it? more = worse? according to the ones i linked above sweet potato has more sucrose than anything...

i guess you could take it to another level...& start adding up total fructose & glucose after conversion in the body...ie.,

starch will convert to glucose

maltose will convert to glucose

sucrose will convert to half glucose & half fructose

glucose > glucose

fructose > fructose

fake it till you make it

edited November 2014

....so I don't look at sucrose per day.

...unless you are keeping tabs on your Total sugar and Total fructose intake, in which case do look at it

fake it till you make it

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Yeah, I've been hitting them pretty hard since finding that out, nothing says refeed like a bunch of bananas mashed into rice with cinnamon, or a couple post workout.

And this is when the BP and the 100 bananas approach meet. :)

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• So you're really going to be like that? 

"$5 dollars via paypal to whomever can count the number of times the guys says organism"

People do it, and you won't pay the $5.

Guess we understand how much RGBREC's word means!

Oh give me a break. 

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Yeah, I've been hitting them pretty hard since finding that out, nothing says refeed like a bunch of bananas mashed into rice with cinnamon, or a couple post workout.

Isn't this a concern for the whole no fructose 2 hours post-workout in order to avoid stopping production of HGH rule?

So you're really going to be like that? 

"$5 dollars via paypal to whomever can count the number of times the guys says organism"

People do it, and you won't pay the $5.

Guess we understand how much RGBREC's word means!

Treat me like a human being, answer the question I asked, and you'll get the money. Stop prodding me in this puerile manner. You didn't even respond to the actual video originally. I guess we know where Garret K's interests lie. 

edited November 2014

Could be, is there a difference between pure glucose or a glucose dominant mix? Aside from rice, wheat, white potato, oatmeal, dextrose, and vitargo type starches there arent a lot of pure glucose options, experiment and find out for yourself, I am.

Yeah. I think it's any amount of fructose, believe it or not. I need to dig up the study.

Do you remember that one guy on the antioxidants after workout thread who said he uses pure dextrose? Might be something to try.

I know I'm not messing with anything remotely close to fructose post-workout ever again, because I just learned about that rule, and it struck me that I'd been putting Raw Coconut Butter (which has a bit of fructose) in my shakes for a couple of months—a couple of months which I hadn't been making gains. The moment I stopped, I started to at least get a lot less soreness after my workouts.

• This guy launches with Daves name even before saying bulletproof diet, then says it isn't about Dave.

His 1st point is that information Dave gives out in different context and time has no cohesive narrative. I think that is funny because his 3rd point is that Dave will make up supporting information to benefit sales rather than make an about face... Changing the information he presents over time is a pretty good measure of Daves' sincerity, so points 1 and 3 cancel each other out.

The guy disagrees with the bulletproof diet because he doesn't like the way Dave presents it was my takeaway. He doesn't actually have anything to say about how bp is bad, the closest he gets is by saying there are other experts with different opinions.

edited November 2014

This guy launches with Daves name even before saying bulletproof diet, then says it isn't about Dave.

His 1st point is that information Dave gives out in different context and time has no cohesive narrative. I think that is funny because his 3rd point is that Dave will make up supporting information to benefit sales rather than make an about face... Changing the information he presents over time is a pretty good measure of Daves' sincerity, so points 1 and 3 cancel each other out.

The guy disagrees with the bulletproof diet because he doesn't like the way Dave presents it was my takeaway. He doesn't actually have anything to say about how bp is bad, the closest he gets is by saying there are other experts with different opinions.

He definitely gives himself away by talking about "Dave Asprey" before the Bulletproof Diet, that's for sure. A lot of people react strongly to someone who has a strong personality like Dave, just because they don't like "nice guys" who have a lot to say.

I have seen Dave pull products off the shelf over and over. I've never seen him walk back that the glutathione he was offering before wasn't that good, but he didn't deny that it was less than adequate, because he improves products over time.

Also, Dave's biggest sellers in my opinion have probably been food items like coffee, chocolate, vanilla, whey, collagen, and MCT oil. He only talks about how the processing is better for these, which is a win-win, because they are items that bodybuilders and people who work out would want to buy anyway. The question is whether these are the most quality versions of these things, which is where most of his claims come into play. I don't think there would ever be occasion for him to say, "chocolate is bad for you, coffee is bad for you, and protein powders are worthless, so I'm going to take them down from my store. Sorry for deceiving you all." Not a likely scenario, considering the legacy of these sorts of foods/supplements in the health industry. 

These, and so many other reasons, are what make people who criticize health gurus for selling natural supplements on their health info sites sound so glib. I think it's just a projection of their personal inclination to be lazy and deny any information that challenges their high-carb, low-calorie/fat, chronic cardio–lovin' American lifestyle, which is supported/condoned by the scientific elite through mainstream health sites like Web MD and Mayo Clinic. 

• GarrettGarrett
    edited November 2014

RGBREC. I took on your challenge because I saw it as A: interesting and B: minorly financially worth my time (though with how long this has dragged on, I question the second). You stated in your original post that you would do a business transaction if someone would take on your challenge. After some people successfully fulfilled their end of the challenge, you changed your stance on whether you would come through on your end, with your "if" statement.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt to come through on your end of the bargain. How much more human do you want me to treat you? It's a business transaction "You do this for me, and I'll give you this". I fulfilled the original requirements. No further stipulations need to be added.

And you're right. In this matter my interest is fairness, and purely financial. Once I started listening to the guy speak, I had no desire to actually take in his information. And why should I?

I agree with Jason's original post in this thread.

And i'm kind of over the entire thing. We've all gotten to see what your colours are with this. It's disrespectful. Would've been nice for you to have come through on your end :) That's all.

Cheers.

Treat me like a human being, answer the question I asked, and you'll get the money. Stop prodding me in this puerile manner. You didn't even respond to the actual video originally. I guess we know where Garret K's interests lie.

• Really? The throw away statement about how much the guy in the vid says organism was clearly not an offer, a bargain, a deal or an arrangement... or an agreement. So rarely is this kind of conversation statement misunderstood that when you asked for your money the first time I thought you were joking in the same way RGBREC obviously was.

Now don't take this the wrong way, I am going to make a paypal transaction of £10 to the first person to stop freaking out about the introduction to this thread.

edited November 2014

...You don't bother to go look at the link to the picture, which, I might add, is worth more than a thousand words.

about the link to the picture...what RGBREC has been trying to say is the link to picture probably only works for you...looks like a permissions thing, or perhaps a location thing (ie. people outside north america)...

i get the following message (using chrome) when trying to open the link;

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /SH_GtDwcU-gfyd8ZMa39i7q4rcz3LNjD3_qrRHeFJ2NJjCEOHB-i030VKrZ_1Wv-CgOZ2L1hbb8=w1656-h762 from this server. (Client IP address: 49.181.xx.yy)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

fake it till you make it

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

When I clicked on the picture it is just a screenshot of the OP.

Edit: Now it shows an error

But why say your gonna paypal 5 bucks if you're not gonna do it. How cool would it have been if RGBREC actually paypal'd garrett 5 bucks?

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

RGBREC. I took on your challenge because I saw it as A: interesting and B: minorly financially worth my time (though with how long this has dragged on, I question the second). You stated in your original post that you would do a business transaction if someone would take on your challenge. After some people successfully fulfilled their end of the challenge, you changed your stance on whether you would come through on your end, with your "if" statement.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt to come through on your end of the bargain. How much more human do you want me to treat you? It's a business transaction "You do this for me, and I'll give you this". I fulfilled the original requirements. No further stipulations need to be added.

And you're right. In this matter my interest is fairness, and purely financial. Once I started listening to the guy speak, I had no desire to actually take in his information. And why should I?

I agree with Jason's original post in this thread.

And i'm kind of over the entire thing. We've all gotten to see what your colours are with this. It's disrespectful. Would've been nice for you to have come through on your end :) That's all.

Cheers.

Originally, it was a figure of speech. I didn't actually need to know how many times the guy said it. That's not something worth paying for. I only knew that it was a lot. I've said before that the offer was mainly to point out how many times he says the word, because it's ludicrous. Most people would just laugh it off. If you had participated in the conversation that this was really about, which is what the guy was talking about, I'd have originally been much more inclined to honor the figure of speech anyway. But your curt way of saying just the answer and not actually providing any incite, followed by your further disrespect in not answering me about the question I had about the broken link you sent, made me inclined to stand my ground.

I'd be happy to pay you 5 bucks if you were friendly and not just trying to draw out a reaction from me. Also, if you were willing to have a conversation first about what I was talking about, that would make me more inclined. You've really just made this situation degrade further and further by not extending any sort of olive branch or sign of understanding. Most people are friendly here, and most people understand a figure of speech, especially if it's clarified as such. However, again, I'd be happy to pay you if you weren't acting like this. One word vague answers to questions are not friendly. I really can't stress enough the juvenile nature of this conflict. It reminds me of a How to Eat Fried Worms situation where an elementary school kid is dared to eat a worm and therefore is being pressured (expectedly from other grade-schoolers) to do the deed.

Maybe some of you will never understand that this is a different situation, as this person has been impolite to me, and I originally meant the statement to underpin the ridiculousness of the video. But so often, people love to take these streams in a different direction. I think it's mostly for attention or to seem clever in some way. It honestly gets pretty annoying. 

My true colors are: I'm a kind and extremely friendly person, and I always give everyone a fair shake. I honor all agreements that I make, if they are actually expressed clearly. I have clarified that I originally didn't intend to pay anyone for that, though I anticipated that someone might actually interpret it that way, so I would have readily paid someone who wasn't acting like this and dismissing everything else I say. However, I am not one to let bullies shame me into doing something. I will admit when I'm wrong and be completely honest, but I won't put up with this crap. If you can't see it from the way Garret responded to me, I dunno what to tell ya. I know when someone's being difficult to get a rise out of me. All he had to do was answer my question like a decent human being. I refuse to pay someone like that.

Garrett, I'm still open to giving you the $5. Just stop being frivolous.

about the link to the picture...what RGBREC has been trying to say is the link to picture probably only works for you...looks like a permissions thing, or perhaps a location thing (ie. people outside north america)...

i get the following message (using chrome) when trying to open the link;

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /SH_GtDwcU-gfyd8ZMa39i7q4rcz3LNjD3_qrRHeFJ2NJjCEOHB-i030VKrZ_1Wv-CgOZ2L1hbb8=w1656-h762 from this server. (Client IP address: 49.181.xx.yy)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

Thanks for helping me to clarify, Daz.

Garrett, I guess you didn't read the post where I said the link was broken? That would explain more why you weren't answering my question... Perhaps this was a misunderstanding? 

edited November 2014

Really? The throw away statement about how much the guy in the vid says organism was clearly not an offer, a bargain, a deal or an arrangement... or an agreement. So rarely is this kind of conversation statement misunderstood that when you asked for your money the first time I thought you were joking in the same way RGBREC obviously was.

Now don't take this the wrong way, I am going to make a paypal transaction of £10 to the first person to stop freaking out about the introduction to this thread.

Whoa, I didn't even see this until now! Thanks, kered. That is a practical way of putting it.

Oh, by the way, I'm not freaking out anymore. Pay up!

10 pounds sterling (don't have the symbol on my keyboard) is like $15 if the exchange rates are still close to what they were before. That's very generous of you! And here Garrett is getting all worked up over a couple quid.

• All good :) It doesn't matter anymore. :)

2»