Share Your Raw Milk Experiences/results/feelings

I've recently become aware of a local co-op thru which i could get raw whole milk from grass-fed cows (except wintertime they're fed non-gmo corn & hay) .    I've never drank raw milk (been a lifelong drinker of store-bought homogenized/pasteurized 2%,both organic and non) but am intrigued after doing some basic online research...it seems to be an excellent natural,whole-food source of various important nutrients(including calcium & vitD) and aminos and glutathione, which Dave talks about regularly.   The co-op's price is about $8.25 per gallon.   I'm kinda tryin' to decide between either this raw milk OR Dave's upgraded collagen protein.  If i went with the collagen , i'd most likely throw it into my morning BPC.

With the raw milk, I was thinking i could make a powerhouse protein shake using it plus 1-2 raw pastured eggs (yolks only ?) and a little vanilla stevia for taste.

So I'd love to hear your experiences, feelings, results whether good or bad on this ... thanx in advance !

Tagged:

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I can only tell positive things about it. Never ever got sick from it, and it's full of nutrients. I don't know US prices, is it that expensive that it would prevent you from getting the collagen? Perhaps try some gelatin if that's cheaper? I often freeze the milk if I buy that much and make iced coffee with it.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• edited November 2014

So far my journey into obtaining raw milk has been like trying to hunt down a drug dealer who could supply me with Ayahuasca.

In fact, it might be easier to find Ayahuasca than raw milk here in Ontario, Canada. It is like some super-secret underground rogue element of a society of farmers that trade this illegal substance that I have to hunt down. Milk is illegal here in Ontario. That's right. Raw milk is illegal. So I must take up the mind of a revolutionary or resistance fighter to obtain this substance.

Once I do obtain it, I cannot advertise it on social media, lest I get house-raided by the government or expose the "dealer" whom which I got it.

My plan was to make copius amounts of kefir with it, and even entertain a raw milk diet for 3-4 weeks.

This is my experience, rant and feeling surrounding the subject of raw milk.

• I can only tell positive things about it. Never ever got sick from it, and it's full of nutrients. I don't know US prices, is it that expensive that it would prevent you from getting the collagen? Perhaps try some gelatin if that's cheaper? I often freeze the milk if I buy that much and make iced coffee with it.

Reka yes I will most likely do both, at least for a little while...   curious, do you put collagen into your BPC ?   And if so, does it mix/dissolve well ?   I'd love to be able to do that , without worrying about any gritty residue in my coffee.   Currently i only put butter , mct/coconut oil & stevia in my BPC.

• So far my journey into obtaining raw milk has been like trying to hunt down a drug dealer who could supply me with Ayahuasca.

In fact, it might be easier to find Ayahuasca than raw milk here in Ontario, Canada. It is like some super-secret underground rogue element of a society of farmers that trade this illegal substance that I have to hunt down. Milk is illegal here in Ontario. That's right. Raw milk is illegal. So I must take up the mind of a revolutionary or resistance fighter to obtain this substance.

Once I do obtain it, I cannot advertise it on social media, lest I get house-raided by the government or expose the "dealer" whom which I got it.

My plan was to make copius amounts of kefir with it, and even entertain a raw milk diet for 3-4 weeks.

This is my experience, rant and feeling surrounding the subject of raw milk.

Strict-Nine :   funny you mention a raw-milk diet ... during  my recent online research about r.m. , i stumbled upon someone (might've been some doctor or scientist, i don't recall for sure) who raved about the positive benefits of a raw-milk-only 'fast' for a period of time....

just curious specifically what type of rm 'diet' were you entertaining...  just 100% rm ?   or would you throw in any other supplements or foods ?     would you continue your regular exercise routine during the diet ?  etc   etc   .....  thanx for sharing your thoughts & ideas !

• Strict-Nine :   funny you mention a raw-milk diet ... during  my recent online research about r.m. , i stumbled upon someone (might've been some doctor or scientist, i don't recall for sure) who raved about the positive benefits of a raw-milk-only 'fast' for a period of time....

just curious specifically what type of rm 'diet' were you entertaining...  just 100% rm ?   or would you throw in any other supplements or foods ?     would you continue your regular exercise routine during the diet ?  etc   etc   .....  thanx for sharing your thoughts & ideas !

I read the whole Raw Milk Diet book last night. I was inspiried by another thread here, where a user, Austin Beales undertook a r.m diet for 4 weeks.

My idea of a raw milk diet was:

1. Water-fast for three days as a prep, with added Himalayan salt for trace minerals. Daily enemas or one colonic on my third fast day.

2. 6 quarts of r.m every day. Kefir milk as well. Probably more kefir and less r.m. Although I still have to obtain some milk!

3. Listen to my body. Rest and sleep when necessary, and if I feel the need to exercise I will.

4. Zero supplementation. Less digestive stress. I'd rather let my GI system focus on healing and absorbing the milk.

5. Colonic once a week to keep the pipes clean.

6. Daily warm shower, followed by cold shower. Also, a CT protocol at breakfast, lunch and dinner times (8am, 1300, 1800).

7. Follow biological circadian rhythm. Zero blue light exposure after sunset. Continue wearing UV blocking sunglasses, using Flux when I need to be on the computer, limit exposure to non-native EMF.

8. Meditation and box-breathing upon rising and before sleep.

--

I have been dealing with GI stress and minor symptoms of adrenal fatigue. I also have Reynaulds syndrome that gets exaggerated in the winter. I've tried many things to alleviate my GI symptoms and so far I've seen results with colostrum, kefir (organic, pasteurized, whole milk), and Surthrival's ghee.

However I still have chronic constipation and feel unmotivated, unhappy (not always though) and haven't had a SOLID night sleep since I was a child (I'm 26 now). You know those sleeps where you shut your eyes and then wake up to morning? Without an alarm, completely undisturbed, quality sleep.

Those are my goals and my idea of a raw milk diet.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Reka yes I will most likely do both, at least for a little while...   curious, do you put collagen into your BPC ?   And if so, does it mix/dissolve well ?   I'd love to be able to do that , without worrying about any gritty residue in my coffee.   Currently i only put butter , mct/coconut oil & stevia in my BPC.

No, I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how well it dissolves but it's probably worth a try.

There is this thread about the raw milk fast:

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/11009-experimenting-with-the-raw-milk-diet/?hl=raw

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I read the whole Raw Milk Diet book last night. I was inspiried by another thread here, where a user, Austin Beales undertook a r.m diet for 4 weeks.

My idea of a raw milk diet was:

1. Water-fast for three days as a prep, with added Himalayan salt for trace minerals. Daily enemas or one colonic on my third fast day.

2. 6 quarts of r.m every day. Kefir milk as well. Probably more kefir and less r.m. Although I still have to obtain some milk!

3. Listen to my body. Rest and sleep when necessary, and if I feel the need to exercise I will.

4. Zero supplementation. Less digestive stress. I'd rather let my GI system focus on healing and absorbing the milk.

5. Colonic once a week to keep the pipes clean.

6. Daily warm shower, followed by cold shower. Also, a CT protocol at breakfast, lunch and dinner times (8am, 1300, 1800).

7. Follow biological circadian rhythm. Zero blue light exposure after sunset. Continue wearing UV blocking sunglasses, using Flux when I need to be on the computer, limit exposure to non-native EMF.

8. Meditation and box-breathing upon rising and before sleep.

--

I have been dealing with GI stress and minor symptoms of adrenal fatigue. I also have Reynaulds syndrome that gets exaggerated in the winter. I've tried many things to alleviate my GI symptoms and so far I've seen results with colostrum, kefir (organic, pasteurized, whole milk), and Surthrival's ghee.

However I still have chronic constipation and feel unmotivated, unhappy (not always though) and haven't had a SOLID night sleep since I was a child (I'm 26 now). You know those sleeps where you shut your eyes and then wake up to morning? Without an alarm, completely undisturbed, quality sleep.

Those are my goals and my idea of a raw milk diet.

Thanx for sharing.  Damn, i wish you well with the sleep issue.  I don't know what Reynaulds syndrome is.  I wish i was able to offer any advice regarding your issues...

Just curious, do you exercise regularly, and if so, what type of exercise (intensity, duration, aerobic/anaerobic, etc) ...

Do you drink coffee regularly ?    Is your diet "bulletproof"(-ish) now ?    

Well,  if you do go through with your outlined raw milk diet, please report back with results , I'd love to hear !

• edited November 2014

Thanx for sharing.  Damn, i wish you well with the sleep issue.  I don't know what Reynaulds syndrome is.  I wish i was able to offer any advice regarding your issues...

Just curious, do you exercise regularly, and if so, what type of exercise (intensity, duration, aerobic/anaerobic, etc) ...

Do you drink coffee regularly ?    Is your diet "bulletproof"(-ish) now ?    

Well,  if you do go through with your outlined raw milk diet, please report back with results , I'd love to hear !

It's funny because my family doctor knows what Reynaulds is but cannot help. She just writes me off as "unique".

Funny thing too is, when I got my blood marker results and we reviewed them together, my HDL was triple the average!

She said, "you're HDL is amazing, with numbers like that you're going to live to 100!".

I responded with, "doc, I eat A LOT of fat (good fat)".

To which she said, "well...you're lucky."

--

According to the Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/basics/definition/con-20022916):

Raynaud's (ray-NOHZ) disease causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers and toes — to feel numb and cold in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas (vasospasm).

Women are more likely than men to have Raynaud's disease, also known as Raynaud or Raynaud's phenomenon or syndrome. It appears to be more common in people who live in colder climates.

Treatment of Raynaud's disease depends on its severity and whether you have other health conditions. For most people, Raynaud's disease isn't disabling, but can affect quality of life.

I believe this is a possible thyroid issue, but I have not done that bio-marker yet. I still need to get tested for: testosterone, thyroid atibodies, reverse T4 and T3, O3/O6 ratio, comprehensive stool analysis, leptin, cortisol. All of which are tests that I have to fund, and cannot write off with insurance because I don't have any (on contract at my place of employment)!

--

Exercise. I shut my exercise down for about a month and a half now. Let me explain in detail.

When I was exercising I would follow P90x3 (HIIT type 30 min workouts, resistance, cardio and isometric style). Usually I would do two workouts a day, back-to-back. I used P90x3 as my excercise model from February 2014 - September 2014 with a month break in July while I backpacked through Europe).

Before I came across P90x3 I was on an elliptical machine and performing my own free weight routine. Both of which did not incorporate HIIT concepts and was a daily routine. I followed this style of exercise from August 2011 to February of 2014. All the while augmenting and fine-tuning my diet until I discovered Bulletproof in mid-May of this year.

Also in the "movement department" I was taking kung fu, qi gung and tai chi from May to July of this year. These classes had a profound effect of my state of mind, feeling of oneness and expression of movement for the three months I was attending. I would drink Bulletproof Coffee a couple hours prior to qi gung/tai chi then go to class.

I honestly felt like I could levitate, about 4 weeks into my practice. Have you seen the article Dave posted where a study correlated that drinking coffee has the same neurological pattern as qi gung? Well combine the two for a month straight, along with eating entirely in the green zone and see what happens! I practiced my taoist kung fu and P90x3'd for an hour each day, along with BPC and green zone foods only.

I was on top of my game. Turnin' and burnin' ketones and felt like a fat-burning beast. I started to develop a six-pack (which I've never had!). However, with all this activity and keto-ness, I wasn't doing one key thing key to thyroid happiness. I wasn't carb refeeding. I stayed right around 25 grams of leafy green veggies with no starches and no refeeds. Recipe for disaster.

Mid-July I decided to go to Europe. I was gone for 4 weeks and "tried" (Yoda) to stay BP for as long as possible, but ended up completely indulging in baguettes, beer, pizza, coffee, chocolate and anything else I could slip in, all without much exercise around the last two weeks of my trip.

When I returned to toxic-stressful North America I was vehemently determined to get back on track.

So I did a 3 day water fast, then started my P90x3 again, ate green zone and BPC-IF for all of September. Again, no carb refeeds, coffee abuse and I wasn't focusing on sleep as much as I should of with all my exercise and low carb ways.

Well my friend. Everything hit me all at once. I crashed BIG TIME. Crashed and burned if I were Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

Self diagnosed adrenal fatigue/exhaustion and GI distress (suspected leaky gut after I had a live blood cell analysis back in mid-May), of which one pretty much follows the other.

--present day--

Currently I eat a very strict diet. I did the ALCAT food sensitivity test and got my results Oct 6. Since then I have been eating ONLY out of my personal "green zone". I'm as BP/low fodmap as I can possibly be. I've cut out all stimulants since September, coffee, chocolate, tea (green and orange pekoe) and eliminated all foods that cause gut-permeability. I still eat egg whites (Get Some Ice Cream, 1 white per 4 yolks when I "very lightly cook" my eggs) and don't have a reaction to them. I refer to the yolks as chicken colostrum.

I shut my exercise down entirely (to reduce stress/cortisol spikes), focused on quality sleep, stopped IF, now I am following Jack Kruse's Leptin Rx, and I've added a low protein-high carb day (sweet-potato for pre-biotics which I have noticed success in the BM department and green beans every Sunday).

I'm not worried about being in ketosis as much as I want to improve my bowel movements, heal my gut and dig myself out of the hole I made with over-exercise, under carbing and over-stimulating.

Now that I have my ALCAT personal diet/4 day meal rotation I know which foods are causing serious inflammation, moderate, mild and none.

My next step is to work with a naturopath that specializes in gut health, get all the required testing done, and yes, go on a raw milk diet if needed.

--

I do apologize for the life-story here, but I had to get that out, and hopefully others can relate.

If I do go through with the raw milk diet I'll absolutely keep you posted. I'm not so much a "quantify myself" guy as others around here, but I will maintain a daily journal, recording emotional state, weight, blood pressure and pulse, and perhaps monitor my glucose levels. Obviously my focus will be on keeping a log of my daily logs (haha). Stool quality and frequency are of utmost importance to me.

I might even do weekly video blogs to recap my journey.

Eventually I'll get myself back to baseline and begin anew my journey without having to worry about "baseline meat-suit systems operations".

If you made it this far I salute you :)

• If you can get GF raw milk get it.

This past summer I incorporated it in my diet as my night time snack and it was awesome.

if I didn't have to travel so far to get it I would have continued, and while I think it was/would be an awesome addition to my diet, I don't feel it is essential. Again with that said, anyone who can "tolerate" milk shoud def get GF raw milk if its not too expensive or have to travel long distance for it. Raw milk fast/diet does sound fantastic.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

If you can get GF raw milk get it.

This past summer I incorporated it in my diet as my night time snack and it was awesome.

how was it awesome...what happened...i am genuinely interested

fake it till you make it

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

how was it awesome...what happened...i am genuinely interested

I guess my whole summer was awesome. But...  I guess what I meant to say was its one of the few night time hacks that I have ever tried where I had undoubtedly positive effects . (I've done the collagen, vit c, and magnesium before bed off and on which is nice, but not as good as raw milk to me.) The effects being it would help me go to sleep, I slept better, felt better rested/recovered, my skin looked even better. It was just the perfect night cap for my diet at the time, which I wish I could revisit.

This past summer I also had a sweet experience on psilocybin mushrooms, where after the peak I was outside at night enjoying a warm breeze, the clear sky, my thoughts, and a pint of raw milk. It was perfect. :D

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

I guess my whole summer was awesome. But...  I guess what I meant to say was its one of the few night time hacks that I have ever tried where I had undoubtedly positive effects . (I've done the collagen, vit c, and magnesium before bed off and on which is nice, but not as good as raw milk to me.) The effects being it would help me go to sleep, I slept better, felt better rested/recovered, my skin looked even better. It was just the perfect night cap for my diet at the time, which I wish I could revisit.

This past summer I also had a sweet experience on psilocybin mushrooms, where after the peak I was outside at night enjoying a warm breeze, the clear sky, my thoughts, and a pint of raw milk. It was perfect. :D

thx. i thought it may have been sleep related, but i did not want to mention sleep, in case it influenced your answer.

fake it till you make it

• Good luck Strict.Nine ... sounds like you are totally dedicated to improving/resolving your issues and i'm sure you will have success.  I personally haven't experienced your issues so can't really offer any solid advice.  I want to do the Alcat food-sensitivity test as i've never been tested in my life for that kinda thing and it sounds like an obvious next-step to improving my diet & health.    I don't know if you've ever tried meditation ... I haven't but i've heard really really good things about the positive benefits it can produce , even for some serious health issues.   The closest i've come to meditation is just practicing  some simple controlled-breathing done for maybe 10 minutes once or twice a day ... seems to help me a little.

• Good luck Strict.Nine ... sounds like you are totally dedicated to improving/resolving your issues and i'm sure you will have success.  I personally haven't experienced your issues so can't really offer any solid advice.  I want to do the Alcat food-sensitivity test as i've never been tested in my life for that kinda thing and it sounds like an obvious next-step to improving my diet & health.    I don't know if you've ever tried meditation ... I haven't but i've heard really really good things about the positive benefits it can produce , even for some serious health issues.   The closest i've come to meditation is just practicing  some simple controlled-breathing done for maybe 10 minutes once or twice a day ... seems to help me a little.

Thanks for the kind words Rod :)

The Alcat has been pretty invaluable for me. Yes, it basically tells you that your "problem foods" mean you have a deeper issue, but without identifying and eliminating them, how can you reduce inflammation? For me, it was a no brainer and something I've wanted to do for a long time. Yes, coffee is on my mild intolerance list.

Oh yes sir I've been all over meditation (just not recently though :(). I had my massive awakening moment in 2011 and meditation was a huge part of my life. I lost 40 pounds and eliminated all the really bad foods and alcohol. Then I started kung fu/qi gung, which were amazing.

Presently, I just cannot muster any motivation for anything really.

I've booked an appointment with a naturopath this week. He focuses on gut health, but also offers testing for adrenals, testosterone...the things I look for in a doc.

Also, I'm off to pick up some raw milk today, so I can get this thread back on topic!

• edited December 2014

I'd like to get this thread back on track regarding experiences with raw milk.

So I went on Sunday to pick up "the stuff". Again, I live in Canada, so it is treated like a Class 1 narcotic.

My communication with the farmer who provided me the white liquid gold informed me he would be driving a certain coloured and make van, with a license plate number. Talk about your stereotypical "drug" deal here!

He pulled into our meetup location, and I was greeted with a smile only a farmer could have (that isn't a bad thing btw!). He had all the milk in a cooler in 1 litre mason jars. Since I'm not a member of his herd share, I was only given 1 jar. This was okay by me, since it was my first foray into the realm. He gave me the low-down on how he produces it and what he feeds the cows. I was smiling ear to ear. Paid him for his service/product, and made my way home.

My first impression when he handed me the jar was how different the milk looked when it had separated from the cream. The milk was way more...alive. If "alive" can have a look I suppose...

The taste was basically milk. It had a way better aftertaste than the current milk I use for my kefir (which is pretty much the best and closest thing to raw, it is low-heat pasteurized).

I finished the 1 liter in a day, wasn't that difficult to be honest. I experienced no digestive issues (I don't have any intolerance to begin with), in fact, my BMs have been more regular now. I've been trying to get my constipation reversed and alleviated.

Now I am on the hunt to get in touch with a farm that produces pure bred A2 Guernsey cows. They are my white unicorn.