Morning Workout Schedule

My first post on BP forum and look forward connecting with you and sharing experiences.

I prefer to work out in the morning for a few reasons; I prefer to get it over and done with - trying to find time in the afternoon/evening is challenging with work/family, etc. Also, I'm up before anyone else to enjoy "my time". I'm also more energetic in the morning - I've tried afternoon/evening workouts and mentally I'm fried later in the day. So I choose morning workouts.

I follow mostly a bodyweight routine. I'm not into weights and don't have the space for it. Having said that, I do have a pullup bar with rings and some bowflex dumbells. I'm nearly 50, 6ft, 155 lbs and around 18% bodyfat.

Before reading the book and many posts on this forum, I was doing mon/thurs push exercises and tues/fri pull exercises. I never liked coffee much - gave me extreme jitters, but over the last 2 weeks I've been gearing into it slowly and I tolerate it more now. I think the fat in the coffee helps the jitters. It is amazing to see how long in the day I go before I think about food.

I'm not about losing weight, although I aim to shed some more bodyfat, but my goal firstly is to maintain bodyweight and flexibility, now that I am moving into my prime :wink: . Over the last year, I have gained about 5 lbs of muscle weight which I am thankful for. I'm not a muscle gainer. I also have high LDL-P, so I'm cautious about excessive sat fats, but eat them as they occur naturally in food. My BP coffee I do include GF Butter and MCT - teaspoon of each.

Now with the BP Coffee and fasting (regular and protein), I've had to change my schedule around as the one I was on wasn't working for me. I could not be fasting on a workout day as this would make me feel terrible, even with the BP Coffee. I tried eating carbs the night before, but this didnt help. Just felt really spaced out. Fasting doesnt really work well with me on workout mornings.So I have amended my schedule as follows - Day1:Push, Day2:Off, Day3:Pull, Day4:Push, Day5:Off, etc. This allows me to fast every second day and eat the days I work out. It also give my body more repair time between muscle groups. On the off days I will either sprint, practice yoga, hang/plank, balance, etc. The evening of my fasting day I step up carbs which helps with energy for my morning workout. I will try some BF Coffee MCT 30 mins before these workouts whilst I read this forum. My intent is to have a good protein meal following the workout.

Any comments or tweaks I could make to improve the routine..? Anyone following a similar routing that has success with pre-post eating that helps..?

Tagged:

Comments

• Bulletproof Coffee is not a requirement of the Bulletproof Diet.

If timing the BP Coffee is causing issues with your schedule, which sounds like it is working well, then maybe you should focus on eating in the "Green" section of the Bulletproof diet foods.

• edited December 2014

Bulletproof Coffee is not a requirement of the Bulletproof Diet.

If timing the BP Coffee is causing issues with your schedule, which sounds like it is working well, then maybe you should focus on eating in the "Green" section of the Bulletproof diet foods.

Thanks, but not sure I follow you. There are two green sections - the section being "Organic Veggies" or The "Bulletproof" section.

• Sorry. On the BP Diet infographic, each category (Veggies, Fats/Oils, Protein, etc) has a range of "bulletproofness". Green to Orange. 

The idea is to eat more on the Green part of the spectrum.

• Sorry. On the BP Diet infographic, each category (Veggies, Fats/Oils, Protein, etc) has a range of "bulletproofness". Green to Orange. 

The idea is to eat more on the Green part of the spectrum.

Thanks Jared. After more thought I realized that I wouldnt be eating just greens... Thanks for replying so quick and clarifying. All of my foods are in that zone. The roadmap is stuck to my fridge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file