Supplements Breaking My Fasting?

Every time I come to this site I learn something that kicks my ass! Now it seems that my favorite antioxidants and protein sources are out to hurt me.

-- Antioxidants break Intermittent Fasting: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4965-will-any-of-these-bp-ingredients-break-intermittent-fasting/

-- Antioxidants should not be taken for 5 hours post workout: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/9489-what-to-avoid-post-workout/?hl=%2Bavoid+%2Bpost+%2Bworkout

That leaves a damn narrow window when I have to slam them all down.

For the nootropic value as soon as I wake up I take:

- ALCAR-Arginate (amino acid there)

- R-Lipoic acid (antioxidant)

- Glutathione (antioxidant) - not for noot value, can be taken later.

>> There's not a lot I can do here, the ALCAR/RLA are for their nootropic value, so I should be taking them early in the day to get my work done speedily.

Then an hour or so after my coffee I take the regular vitamins, which includes Molybdenum, Iodine, Theanine, B, D, K, CoQ10, PQQ, fish oil, and these that violate the above categories:

- Vitamin C (antioxidant)

- Vitamin E (antioxidant)

- Beta Alanine (amino acid)

>> I could move some/all of these to 2pm when I break my fast. Moving ALL would be the easiest. However, are there any that really should be taken first thing in the morning? D for example?

I work out early evening, and then before I go to bed I take more Vit C and the evening pills (ThorneFX pm), which have some antioxidants in there as well. The gap between working out and taking these is probably close to 4+ hours, so I should be at the tail end of the window here.

>> I can take this stuff closer to when I actually go to sleep, as they aren't designed to bring on sleep, i can just pound them before I nod off, and that will lengthen the window.

What else? Lol. Thanks all.

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    I have not seen/found any refs that talk about antioxidants ending a fast or shutting down autophagy

fake it till you make it

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

I have not seen/found any refs that talk about antioxidants ending a fast or shutting down autophagy

I'm with you Daz...  We have to be vigilant with facts. that link to the other BP Forum topic gives a link to a commentor on Marc Sisson's site that makes a claim that "Studies show..." and doesn't provide any source material.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!