Supplements Breaking My Fasting?

Every time I come to this site I learn something that kicks my ass! Now it seems that my favorite antioxidants and protein sources are out to hurt me.

-- Antioxidants break Intermittent Fasting: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4965-will-any-of-these-bp-ingredients-break-intermittent-fasting/

-- Antioxidants should not be taken for 5 hours post workout: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/9489-what-to-avoid-post-workout/?hl=%2Bavoid+%2Bpost+%2Bworkout

That leaves a damn narrow window when I have to slam them all down.

For the nootropic value as soon as I wake up I take:

- ALCAR-Arginate (amino acid there)

- R-Lipoic acid (antioxidant)

- Glutathione (antioxidant) - not for noot value, can be taken later.

>> There's not a lot I can do here, the ALCAR/RLA are for their nootropic value, so I should be taking them early in the day to get my work done speedily.

Then an hour or so after my coffee I take the regular vitamins, which includes Molybdenum, Iodine, Theanine, B, D, K, CoQ10, PQQ, fish oil, and these that violate the above categories:

- Vitamin C (antioxidant)

- Vitamin E (antioxidant)

- Beta Alanine (amino acid)

>> I could move some/all of these to 2pm when I break my fast. Moving ALL would be the easiest. However, are there any that really should be taken first thing in the morning? D for example?

I work out early evening, and then before I go to bed I take more Vit C and the evening pills (ThorneFX pm), which have some antioxidants in there as well. The gap between working out and taking these is probably close to 4+ hours, so I should be at the tail end of the window here.

>> I can take this stuff closer to when I actually go to sleep, as they aren't designed to bring on sleep, i can just pound them before I nod off, and that will lengthen the window.

What else? Lol. Thanks all.

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    What are you worried about happening exactly? Do you really think taking those things at those times are cause some sort of detriment? The only thing I see is to take the beta alanine pre workout, everything else looks fine.
    body composition coaching through Eat to Perform
  • dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    I have not seen/found any refs that talk about antioxidants ending a fast or shutting down autophagy

fake it till you make it

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

I have not seen/found any refs that talk about antioxidants ending a fast or shutting down autophagy

I'm with you Daz...  We have to be vigilant with facts. that link to the other BP Forum topic gives a link to a commentor on Marc Sisson's site that makes a claim that "Studies show..." and doesn't provide any source material.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!