Does This Sound Ok?

I'm training and looking to put on muscle, have good recovery but avoid a fat bulk.

I'd also like to keep the benefits on a high fat diet brain-performance wise (I mean not go into carb-craving mode)

Does this sound alright?

Morning: Tiny bit of protein, tons of butter

Lunch: Protein/Fat

Pre-workout:Nothing, I'm able to train w/o any pre-carbs.

Dinner:Protein, 20/30g carbs

I would train in the evening before dinner. I'm 17yo and would train 4/5 times a week.

I'd like not to have 1g carb/lb on training days (as suggested in a post) as that would mean higher carbs for the most part of the week. I haven't tried it, but fear that i'll lose the benefits of high fat mentionned above. (But very open for suggestions!!)

Thoughts? Thank you very much!

Comments

• High fat and low carbs (around 75 grams) on off training day then Higher carbs(3g/lb) on workout days lower fat on workout days. Keep protein around 1g/pound all days.
  • Thank you for answering.

However as mentionned, I train 4/5 days a week. Won't those frequent higher carb days mess with energy levels?

If not, how should I scheduel carb intake? 

Should they be centered all around my workout?

If so, will I keep having fat/protein breakfast and lunch?

Thank you :)

• Then train less. I workout with weights 3 days a week and sprint day 1 day which I count as an off day. You build muscle outside the gym on rest days not tearing them down 5 days a week in the gym. Dude you have to experiment with your body no one can tell you what works best. My advice is to log your macros for 8 weeks with workouts and rest days, then adjust. I make incredible strength gains working out 1 day a week Mike Mentzer heavy duty style but my body looks and feels best with 3 days heavy weight and 1 day of 10 min sprint training. Play with different programs and eating styles but do stick with them at least 2 to 3 months at a time without trying to do multiple changes all the time.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Thank you for answering.

However as mentionned, I train 4/5 days a week. Won't those frequent higher carb days mess with energy levels?

If not, how should I scheduel carb intake? 

Should they be centered all around my workout?

If so, will I keep having fat/protein breakfast and lunch?

Thank you :)

Have the carbs for dinner, which is right after your workout.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Read this post: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/

It's about manipulating mTOR

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Thank you both for taking the time to answer :)

Already tried IF and will be doing it on training days with carbs the previous evening, and see how that pans out. I have to break the fast before training unfortunately, but I don't think that'll make too much of a difference.

• Dude your body needs atleast 100g of carbs a day! Your gonna feel like shit if you don't meet that. Here's what I do don't eat any carbs untill 3pm your body stores carbs better at night scientifically proven. When your lifting weights your burning glucose you need to restore your glycogen levels. A good recommendation is lift weights in the afternoon take your protein and carbs post workout you need fast absorbing carbs like dextrose! Take 5 grams of creatine post workout with your protein/carbs and within a week or two you'll see some amazing results. BP diet is great but nutritionally if have to be smart about how your body will recovery from the activities your putting it through!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file