The Biohacker's Ces Device - An Open Source Electronics Project

2»

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

So it arrived today. Really easy to open (2 screws), really easy to get the board out (4 screws), really annoying to put the feet for those screws back in place (pretty much have to balance all 4, while attempting to keep them lined up to the holes.. twas.. interesting.

Anyways, pretty much nothing of interest on the back of the board, and the front looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf92a22hloaa31o/2013-03-07-21.43.46.jpg

Hope you find it useful.

Hey Glenn.  Sorry I am just now seeing this.  That link does not work for me.  Any way you can upload it directly to the forum?  Or maybe email it to me at [email protected] ?

• Glenn GrantGlenn Grant Hack. Dev. Transcend.

@djd70 The base model doesn't, but I ordered mine frequency doubled (as it seems you were informed by the supplier) so it can reach the gamma range. I haven't had a huge amount of time to play around with it yet, mostly tried the ~40hz gamma, and the delta or subdelta (can't remember off hand) to try and improve my sleep. Zeo battery was dead, so don't have any hard evidence, but didn't notice any difference in tiredness the next day. Hard to tell (i'm not great at picking subtle differences in things like this) but the gamma might have increased my alertness. Not too sure tbh.

@M Thomas Hrmm, that's annoying. Yeah I will send it through to you :)

I got them.  Thanks.  Its much smaller than I thought it would be.

• Thank Glenn, I'd love to hear your feedback regarding your ZEO scores and personal experience with the 40 Hz gamma and concentration.

Please keep us posted! Thanks

I got them.  Thanks.  Its much smaller than I thought it would be.

Smaller device, or images?

Thank Glenn, I'd love to hear your feedback regarding your ZEO scores and personal experience with the 40 Hz gamma and concentration.

Please keep us posted! Thanks

Shall do! :)

The device is smaller than I imagined.  Pictures are good.  Its much less complicated than I expected too.

Ah, cool :)

• Long time lurker here, I registered just to reply to this thread.

Has there been any progress on this device yet? I am VERY interested in getting my hands on a CES device.

• i have CES ultra device it has a frequency up to 100hz i have been using on and off for long time now but to be honest i never could understand why other devices has different settings  the way i use is that a set the frequency just before the unpleasant sensation it can hurt if you go to far i never manage to go all the way up 100 hz from the CES ultra you can only estimate i know that some days i am more sensitive then others ,how ever it has a good effect on me but i notice if i use too much the effects is not good as in the beginning kind like a break helps but vivid dreams is one of the benefits if you are creating a device i would keep simple like ces ultra 0 to 100 and the user finds the the best frequency if i am in some low frequency i feel absolute nothing like some ces device has only few set like 5hz ,7hz and 10hz thats like nothing to me .one observation as every time i use i do feel very sleepy i have measure my brain with myndplay eeg device and my meditation levels is all the way up    

• The CES ULTRA only uses 100HZ. The intensity is from 0Ma to 1Ma...That's what you are feeling when you turn the knob...Ideally I would like to see a device that has 0.5, 1.5, 10, 40, and 100, 111Hz. These devices cost $50 or less in parts. I also have the Sota BT6 and BT9. I like the Sota Bio Tuner with 6 setting and price of $250 better.