Is It Possible To Learn Eeg Training On Your Own

https://brain-trainer.com/product/signature-eeg-package-4c/

Im contemplating buying the EEG package from brain trainer but was wondering how easy would it be to self learn EEG 

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

Comments

• As I said in the other post, yes it is possible, but if you're a lay person and not from a phsiology/psych/science background then you've got to know where to go and what to trust to learn from.

What part of the learning are you concerned about specifically?

Are you wanting to learn to become a practitioner or to apply it to yourself?

• Yes it is totally possible.

Its easier if you are bit technical minded and good with computers, being fluent in english also helps of course. I think to really develop a good understanding for neurofeedback you probably need to read scientific articles so it helps if you are used to doing that, but I dont think it is an absolute requirement. Brain trainer has good customer support and they have written manuals you can just follow step by step, in my opinion it is quite easy if you are patient.

If you are going to use brain trainer long term then you might want to buy their auto-plan, that way you can take care of the entire process all on your own and make your own brain training plans. Thats what I do, I have unlimited access so I can do training cycles, then re-measure my brain and do a new training cycle.

They have a good manual for that, and youtube videos. It took me like 1-2 days to get up and running. I was already used to doing neurofeedback at that time though so not sure how easy it is if you are new.

In general neurofeedback is one of the harder biohacks to get started with, but I think that it is totally worth the effort. The potential for long-term improvement is great, I think you can learn and grow with this for a long time.

• well the hardest  for me is the software  bioexplorer i still don't know how to use it properly i might pay someone to teach me how to do things but ever one in the field wants at least 60 dollars per hour that i cant pay it seams it is only for the elite ... to be honest there is way easier software to use and the support  from bioexplorer is not the e best

• What part of BioExplorer are you having problems with?

Are you trying to create your own designs?

Or are you having trouble understanding the interface and how to use it with some supplied designs?

• Guys,

Assuming aptitude to pick up applied concepts and all that.. what's a good way to get into this?

I'd really like to get a personal EEG machine and start hacking in this manner. -- Would love to take the time and totally willing to spend the money on something like this.

• Brain Trainer wins it for me with respect to equipment pricing, training, support and the fact that you are not locked into a proprietary 'black box' system such as neuroptimal; you can train anything and everything you want.

• What part of BioExplorer are you having problems with?

Are you trying to create your own designs?

Or are you having trouble understanding the interface and how to use it with some supplied designs?

yes i have a problem with all above i paid some of the design  but i can never get it right i was told that i need to pay the online training but all of it is too expensive for me .would you agree to teach us this for some affordable price using hangouts we see who wants to enjoy the meet up and every one deposit a bit of money in your account?

• Guys,

Assuming aptitude to pick up applied concepts and all that.. what's a good way to get into this?

I'd really like to get a personal EEG machine and start hacking in this manner. -- Would love to take the time and totally willing to spend the money on something like this.

If you go to the nueroptimal site they have a search feature for trainers by zip code. Recently I went to one for a single session to experience before even considering buying the setup for myself. My recommendation is to try before you buy ;)

• Has anyone tried out the Mindwave headset (http://store.neurosky.com/products/mindwave-1 ) or Mindreflector application ( http://store.neurosky.com/products/mindreflector ) to go along with the headset? The headset looks to be marketed for children on first glance, but the app is not. They also have this (http://store.neurosky.com/products/orbit) which looks like fun.

• So what's the most realistic application for something like this? -- I assume they have a clinical approach but what's the best way to get bang for your buck on Neurofeedback?

• yes i have a problem with all above i paid some of the design  but i can never get it right i was told that i need to pay the online training but all of it is too expensive for me .would you agree to teach us this for some affordable price using hangouts we see who wants to enjoy the meet up and every one deposit a bit of money in your account?

Where did you buy the designs from? I am personally only familiar with the brain trainer packages at the moment. I do not make my own designs for use nor do I modify existing ones that have been supplied. I have not learned enough about digital signal processing to be able to know whether I'm setting up a design correctly or not (yet).

I am not in a situation to teach sorry. I can answer questions but I'm still at the point where I'm incredibly busy with everything else in my life that trying to teach something I am still (for the most part) fumbling my way through (compared to more experienced people), that I think your time and money would be better spent elsewhere.

Has anyone tried out the Mindwave headset (http://store.neurosky.com/products/mindwave-1 ) or Mindreflector application ( http://store.neurosky.com/products/mindreflector ) to go along with the headset? The headset looks to be marketed for children on first glance, but the app is not. They also have this (http://store.neurosky.com/products/orbit) which looks like fun.

These are not clinical grade EEG items and should be avoided at all costs (unless you want an expensive gimmick toy). Invest in real amplifiers, real leads, real electrodes, real gear with specifications aimed at professionals. Would you like a brain surgeon to operate on you looking through a semi opaque plastic sheet with advanced parkinsons like tremors; or would you rather a brain surgeon operate on you with magnifying glasses in clear view of your brain and a steady hand? This is the difference between amateur gear and professional equipment. You've only got one brain, why risk really screwing it up just to save a few dollars?

So what's the most realistic application for something like this? -- I assume they have a clinical approach but what's the best way to get bang for your buck on Neurofeedback?

As I said above, I would recommend you look up brain trainer and their hardware packages. Have a listen to this on their site. IMO, for what is achievable and possible with the equipment, a few thousand dollars for all the right equipment, training, support and design package updates for life, what's to lose?

If people want to play with the big boys toys, then I'm afraid that, at the moment, we've all got to open our wallet and get some skin in the game. A few hundred dollars for training materials isn't much to me so I've never really cared that much. I look at it as an investment for the rest of my life, my partners life, my families life, my future childrens life and anyone else that may want to wire up and train with my gear.

There is a wealth of FREE information on the brain trainer site that ANYONE can access. Go here and start reading, there's hours of free content there that explains pretty much everything you need to know to get started.

Prices for their starter packages which include everything you need to get started in every modality available can be found here.

• If you go to the nueroptimal site they have a search feature for trainers by zip code. Recently I went to one for a single session to experience before even considering buying the setup for myself. My recommendation is to try before you buy ;)

What was your impression of the neuroptimal system? Do you think it might be worth it?

So what's the most realistic application for something like this? -- I assume they have a clinical approach but what's the best way to get bang for your buck on Neurofeedback?

I totally agree with Hendo that brain trainer with the Q-wiz amplifier is the best way to get started. I have used this method myself so perhaps I am somewhat biased, I am sure neuroptimal can also be a powerful approach, and it is probably easier to get started with, but it is much much more expensive and as Hendo said you are locked into only 1 protocol essentially.

With brain trainer and Q-wiz I am training about 15 different protocols, and they all have slightly different effects. Brain trainer also allows you to make a "brain-map" which will show you the activation patterns in your brain, allowing you to target and train them.

My favorite protocol however is TAG Sync (http://www.tagsynchrony.com/), it has given me the most profound results so far, but it is a more difficult protocol to get started with, and I did tweak it myself quite a bit since I did not like certain aspects of the protocol, that meant I had to learn how to make protocols in bioexplorer.

I would also agree with Hendo not to use any cheap EEG amplifiers, I tried that myself and bought 3 different cheaper ones (Emotiv Epoc, Mindwave, Olimex EEG-SMT) and it was all crap basicly, I think I probly wasted my time and money on this. If you want to do this then get at least a Q-wiz amplifier is my advice.

If you want to learn about neurofeedback then I can recommend this podcast: http://www.futurehealth.org/populum/podcasts_index.php?did=2

Only podcast I have found that has interviews with the leaders in neurofeedback. Might not help with the nitty-gritty technical aspects, like how to use the software etc, but it will give you a good general introduction to the field and the different methods that are available.

• @Crowstream, I found Nueroptimal to be interesting to say the least. My expectation from one session was just to see what it was about and gather information to start. The cost here is a bit higher than what I would like going to a trainer. I understand they are running a business, but also know the price for the whole system and am trying to decide which direction if any I will move forward with it.

• it is an exaggeration to say that neuro-sky tec is a completely  a bad product i have myndplay device for over a year now and you can see your brainwave on your mobile phone i would no say it is 100% accuracy  but 85% after doing some training with it i can keep long time in meditation level ...i have q-wiz and to be honest i use more myndplay it shows your frontal lobes activity and you can train with many different app very easy to use and no 10-20 paste or long cables that makes a mess on your hair and you need a pc to run and it gets a attached to the computer not very practical ..once you buy q-wiz you will need to buy protocol that cost around 170 and the number only add more and more  it is a learn curve to learn and i will tell you not cheap i have use other software before and bioexplorer is not easy to create your own screen infect they don't always respond ..i know   and software and for a start i would say is the bet in my opinion

i  never tried  Olimex EEG-SMT but for the price i might buy some time many people says is very good with active electrodes is just the software brainbay that i find not so good but it might work on bioera if not just talk to them and they will add the device they are much better doing that