Resveratrol....does It Really Turn Back The Clock

Okay,   after listening to a few of Dave's podcasts....the people who he interviewed mentioned about resveratrol.    Dr. Kruze more specifically said that it can reverse the telemeres of your cells....telemeres are the lifespan of  cells....the longer they are....the more you live...

Is there more evidence about this....they seemed to be convinced but from what i remember in other forums....the evidence isn't concrete.

Comments

• I have some questions about this, too.  Thanks for posting the question.  Following. . .

• I have many times in the past used trans resveratol as a post cycle addition to normalize my hormone levels. Keep in mind this was from a bodybuilding standpoint where whatever test boosting item you were cycling had the effect of making your natural production stop or drop to sub par levels. From my experience in the context of say coming off HRT and trying to normalize, it was somewhat effective. The better versions at the time were made as a transdermal and worked very well, however as with most trasdermals you have to deal with an odd smell, inconsistent dosage(pumps), and staining of clothing.

If someone were to give me some trans resveratol I would probably take, but would not make it a staple in my regimen or buy it.

• I have many times in the past used trans resveratol as a post cycle addition to normalize my hormone levels. Keep in mind this was from a bodybuilding standpoint where whatever test boosting item you were cycling had the effect of making your natural production stop or drop to sub par levels. From my experience in the context of say coming off HRT and trying to normalize, it was somewhat effective. The better versions at the time were made as a transdermal and worked very well, however as with most trasdermals you have to deal with an odd smell, inconsistent dosage(pumps), and staining of clothing.

If someone were to give me some trans resveratol I would probably take, but would not make it a staple in my regimen or buy it.

Yeah,  in terms of getting energy or recovering your muscles from a workout,  I have seen Resvratrol be beneficial. 

However  I was only asking about longevity,    the Resvratrol in terms of extending your life has been suspect at best..

• Isn't the 'anti-aging' effects of resveratol due to it's ability to help the system regulate blood sugar levels, thereby helping to minimise insulin spikes, AGE formation and all of the other associated detrimental effects of elevated blood sugar levels?

I wish I had the reference handy, but I'm pretty sure this is the main claim to fame for resveratol when taken at higher dosages.

On Longecity there is a LOT of discussion about resveratol that you may be interested in:

http://www.longecity.org/forum/forum/312-resveratrol/