Loose Stool From Regular Coffee

Hi friends,

I don't order the upgraded coffee beans as I can't afford them, however I do my best to get the best quality single origin beans that I can (usually something like this https://www.laffare.co.nz/Shop/Product.aspx?ID=668).

What I have noticed is that when I have black coffee (no butter or oils) on an empty stomach it gives me loose stool. Is this a common occurrence, or is it and indication of some gut problems?

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can do that. I'm not sure if it indicates a gut problem as it's indeed a common occurrence. Moreover the solution is simple: have some food with your coffee.

• First eat something before drinking coffee.
  • So then the solution for someone doing IF is to either deal with the toilet problem, or not drink coffee I guess. Thanks!

• If you have Coffee with grassfed butter and MCT Oil / BOO (start slow on the MCT), the butter will slow down the body's absorption & flushing of the coffee. And it'll keep you in IF. And you won't have such issue with the toilet. 

I also find that my body flushes if I have regular coffee on an empty stomach.

So then the solution for someone doing IF is to either deal with the toilet problem, or not drink coffee I guess. Thanks!