Performance Sheets? Anyone Tried? Thoughts?

Anyone tried these or heard of them? http://www.sheex.com/Performance-Bedding-Sheets-and-Pillow-Cases/l/110.... I wake up between 1:30-3:00am every night sweating to death even though I keep my room at about 60 degrees... probably because I workout too much and my body is trying to repair and recover in the middle of the night or at least that is what I am told... but I thought these might help....?

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I can't tell you about the sheets but have you tried increasing carb intake after workout?. I had that after my first EMS training and when I started BBS while I tried to stay in ketosis after a workout. After my first EMS session I literaly woke up in the middle of the night and hat to eat a package of salmon and drink lots of water... another reason might be a viral infection (a cold/flu) or I am not sure some hormone problem. If you thyroid is going crazy you may get cold/heat symptoms as well...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I do have Hypothyroid but I have been taking Nature-thyroid for it and usually that makes you cold not hot.... and I have had it for years and been on the thyroid meds for years so not sure it is that....

• edited March 2015

Sounds like your sex hormones are out of whack. it's a perimenopausal symptom - the night time equivalent to hot flashes. I think it's linked to low liver function in Chinese medicine.

silk sheets are meant to help. Not cheap though. 

• @hackergirl... yeah.. I have basically 0 estrogen and low everything else... because of never getting a regular period because of too low body fat with all the athletics I did that continued into adulthood... so i am basically postmenopausal....

• What blood tests tell you how your kidney is functioning?

• Best thing would be to find an acupuncturist to treat it. I think it's liver not kidney that is supposed to be active from 1-3am (but low kidney function is related to sex hormones).  TCM is pretty good at rebalancing hormones. 

• I know my liver isn't the best... I have an AST of 75 and ALT of 82... I think the high in the range is 50... but I was also told that those numbers are ok for an athlete because there is a certain amount of muscle canabalism that happens and that is what raises the liver #s? Jason Miller?

• I don't know much about this stuff but I know my AST shot up from 28 to 60 in a month, then went back down to 27 the next month. Maybe because that's around when I started sprinting then I backed off because I was so sore.
  • Do you sleep with clothes on?
  • @josquin.... t-shirt and shorts.... @drum... I have never been below 60 since I started testing it back in 2010.....

• But 2010 is also when I started marathons and ironman....

• You ever consider taking a month to just do some resting and recuperating? I mean, I get the urge to want to train all the time and reach your potential, and I don't wanna prescribe anything to anyone, but it seems like you post a lot of stuff about overtraining ....

• Anyone tried these or heard of them? http://www.sheex.com/Performance-Bedding-Sheets-and-Pillow-Cases/l/110.... I wake up between 1:30-3:00am every night sweating to death even though I keep my room at about 60 degrees... probably because I workout too much and my body is trying to repair and recover in the middle of the night or at least that is what I am told... but I thought these might help....?

Cyclical night sweats can be a symptom of an infection. If it's consistently coming up over time, you should get it troubleshot by a good functional medicine doctor. 

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Here's the other thing... why I think it might just be the muscle and overtraining... if I take 600mg of IB Profen before bed... I get better sleep quality and sleep through the night?????

I KNOW I do not do this often because IB Profen is AWFUL... usually I will take tumeric or zymflamel but I wretched my back a bit and took some for 3 days and noticed a HUGE difference.. no wake up, no sweating, and higher sleep quality... ????? Kato?