Sleep And Emotional Trauma And Stress

I have been BP for almost two years and feel amazing most days. The only problem I currently really am facing is that of stress, mostly during sleep.

I am currently going through a divorce. I decided to leave the relationship, but my marriage was all that I had known for almost 20 years and we met when I was 17. So it has been very painful.

I am finding that I am fine during the day (except if I dont sleep), but for whatever reason I am experiencing the following sleep issues:

1. On most days I wake up with terrible migranes from clenching my jaw. This is worse when specific events happen that are the process of divorce or reliving the emotional trauma.

2. I wake up in a panic from the pain of the past. This is more trauma related.

I have a solid self-improvement program, emwave2, support system, journaling, exercising, etc... I follow all of the sleep protocols... When I am well rested nothing stops me.

My question is that it seems that my conscience can handle and cope with the stress and even do a decent job when I'm exhausted, but the core of the issue I face is my subconscience takes over when I am not awake and causes all kinds of havoc. This of cource makes life more difficult when I am awake. I am looking for a way to help minimize this... They say you need a month for every year you were to gether to "get over it"... I say screw that, Im over it, when I am awake and cannot figure it out.

Thanks!

Comments

• There are always deeper issues that you are not completely aware of wihen a major life event happens. Even if you are completely over the broken relationship, what about the art of being on your own for the first time in your life? What about your vision pf your future, the meaning of your past, or whatever other issues, try to feel what the background emotion is that associated with clenched jaws. Fear? Anger? What? Take notes about your dreams and/ or thoughts. There is no recipe for processing disaster, just live through it. Day for day, sometimes hour for hour.
  • I think I may have found a solution to my problem. I am reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. I am at battle with my ego (pain-body)...