Helicobacter Pylori Detox (H.plylori)

Something I've been suffering with since childhood is Gastritis which I recently discovered most likely is contributed to gut bacteria H.Plylori

I am 90% certain I have H.Plylori (apparently 20% of population has it), apparently it feeds on vitamins and nutrients and also messes with your digestive tract. I am getting the test monday to confirm for sure.

My symptoms: Weakness/tiredness, difficulty gaining muscle/weight, tiredness, occasional stool issues sometimes traces of blood even due to ulcers, fatigue after eating, weakened immune system

I've had those symptoms for a really long time since childhood even

Detox formula that I am trying as of today:

1. anti H,Plylori tea; Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cloves (daily)

2. cutting off sugar & gluten (duh should of been doing this with bulletproof diet regardless)

3. cutting off coffee (except bulletproof coffee)

4. drinking diotomatious earth (1tbs daily)

Anyway I'll let you guys know how it goes, feel free to give input/knowledge on H.Plylori

I am drinking my first tea right now, not too bad but spicy...interesting

Comments

•  

My symptoms: Weakness/tiredness, difficulty gaining muscle/weight, tiredness, occasional stool issues sometimes traces of blood even due to ulcers, fatigue after eating, weakened immune system

If your ulcers are in the stomach, that's a good hunch to follow up on because H. Pylori not only suppress stomach acid (so they can survive) but can also cause ulcers in your stomach.

Had H. Pylori overgrowth myself, after the diagnosis I took mastic gum and DGL and did a low carb diet.  Mastic gum is a supplement and it was cheaper than the antibiotic they recommended.

Now I didn't pay for a follow up test because it was too expensive and not covered by my insurance but it helped ease a lot of problems.

I found these 2 books to be really helpful and elucidating on gut issues:

http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-Dedicated-Digestive-ebook/dp/B00JNL0SYK/

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Acid-Reflux-Definitive-ebook/dp/B00N0EQK8Y

--

Michael Stone

• edited September 2014

1.  I'd do a comprehensive stool analysis to make sure an overgrowth of H Pylori is your issue

2.  If you have gastritis for a long time, you should be taking Betaine/Pepsin before eating everything

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Stomach-Acid-Good-You/dp/0871319314

edit - your protocol is probably a good idea even if HPylori isn't the issue given your symptoms.  You should be working with a functional medicine doctor on this.

• So my test results are in, as expected positive for H.Pylori...also waiting for results on gluten sensitivity and celiac disease

ofcourse doctors wants to put me on antibiotics....but I think antibiotics is what caused this by killing off healthy bacteria and mutating H.Pylori

need to seriously figure out protocol and stick with it

• Read Brisson's book - there may be antibiotics that are worth the risk depending on your situation.  You kind of have to read the section to determine this for yourself.  

• Thanks for books I've ordered them

Meanwhile I saw that Probiotics work vs H.pylori ....but I dont understand, I thought probiotics promote growth of gut bacteria, wouldn't it increase H.Pylori? If not what probiotics should I get?

• Increasing HCl will help keeping H. Pylori in check.

Betaine HCl is a good supplement. Good about it is that it does not require long term approach, as stomach acid will eventually upregulate itself. Low stomach acid is a problem, high is rarely the case.

Another thing worth investigating is condition called hiatal hernia. If one's stomach is positioned upper into the diaphragm, there is a most likely problem with stomach acid and acid reflux.

Focusing on just killing the infection is short-sided. Nutrients needed for adequate stomach acid are B1, B3, iodine, Salt, and water... There are also other cofactors as zinc...

• Travisarch, we are bacteria. Sometime inhibiting the pathogens happens via competition for the same resources. Not sure if you can solve your problem by taking probiotics only.

• sad news, still testing positive for H.Pylori....i guess I'll have to go on anti-biotics :(

here was my protocol: note that I did not do everything regularly

mastic gum in the morning

DHL before lunch

Silver (till I ran out)

acidophilus

spice tea (turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cloves)

diotomacious earth

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

sad news, still testing positive for H.Pylori....i guess I'll have to go on anti-biotics :(

here was my protocol: note that I did not do everything regularly

mastic gum in the morning

DHL before lunch

Silver (till I ran out)

acidophilus

spice tea (turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cloves)

diotomacious earth

H. pylori requires antibiotics most of the time to knock it back into submission. I would go with amoxicilin, tetracycline, and a third generation cephalosporin. Stay out of the sun because of the tetracycline. I also recommend zinc carnosine to help strengthen the stomach lining.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• So, I got a new doctor and turns out he was a student of Barry Marshall who got a Nobel Prize for discovering H.Pylori

anyway he prescribed Omeprazole and Amoxicillin, & to take bismol also I'm starting this on Monday

Any advice while on antibiotics? Should I take probiotics?

Do not take probiotics with antibiotics unless you are in a hospital to prevent C.difficle infection. I would take biofilm chelators like lactoferrin and NAC also. Good luck!

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

So, I got a new doctor and turns out he was a student of Barry Marshall who got a Nobel Prize for discovering H.Pylori

Funny you should mention Barry Marshall...he was on the ABC Catalyst TV program (Australia) a few weeks back...

he's now looking in to the possible benefits of having h pylori...or a least a certain strain (or strains?).

Here's the blurb from the program intro,

"Professor Barry Marshall, reveals that the ulcer causing gut bacteria H Pylori could help prevent allergies.

As most of us in the western world don’t have the bug but we do have allergies, its absence in our gut may be the culprit.

They’re experimenting with a strain of H Pylori that could prevent allergies without causing stomach ulcers."

Source: Catalyst: Allergy Pill - ABC TV Science

fake it till you make it

• interesting, makes me wonder because i do not have any allergies...but I believe it is the cause of my extreme fatigue and bad immune system, so might be a good tradeoff if my fatigue and immune system improves

anyway started antibiotics today, no major sideeffects so far (knock on wood)

• Do not take probiotics with antibiotics unless you are in a hospital to prevent C.difficle infection. I would take biofilm chelators like lactoferrin and NAC also. Good luck!

Finished up antibiotics yesterday but still on ph lowering medication for 3 more weeks. Should I be taking probiotics now? they are just collecting dust in the refrigerator lol

• Sad news, still testing positive for H.Pylori...found out today and really bummed out...they want me to comeback for more antibiotics, ugh

• At some point with the antibiotic treatments, does yeast also become a concern?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

Sad news, still testing positive for H.Pylori...found out today and really bummed out...they want me to comeback for more antibiotics, ugh

...& how are your symptoms currently... any changes

fake it till you make it

• ...& how are your symptoms currently... any changes

I feel little bit better but fatigue still there from time to time...I think at least my stomach lining/ulcers got healed a bit during the treatment

• H. pylori requires antibiotics most of the time to knock it back into submission. I would go with amoxicilin, tetracycline, and a third generation cephalosporin. Stay out of the sun because of the tetracycline. I also recommend zinc carnosine to help strengthen the stomach lining.

What are your thoughts on colloidal silver as an antibiotic?

• Hey, I'm dealing with the bugger myself... I always come across this forum doing Google searches so thought I'd sign up now.

After doing a lot of research I feel like what you did the first time wasn't enough. I plan on using mastic gum, monolaurin, sulfurophane, and some oregano oil to hit it hard. Then with meals I will use Betaine hcl and digestive enzymes. They will have no home when i correct the low stomach acid. Gonna break the bank for VSL#3 probiotic. Diet wise I will eat more raw garlic, turmeric, sea salt, and coconut oil. I've been eating quite a bit of CO the past few days until my shipment arrives and I've been seeing cool stringy stuff floating in the toilet. Which brings me to yeast overgrowth. We probably have that too. I certainly have the symptoms for candida. It's very doubtful h.pylori is the only nasty present given all the time that has gone by with low stomach acid. I have an endoscopy coming up and it would be a huge win if there's no cancer. I've had digestive problems 5+ years.

Did you try Betaine hcl? If you have an ulcer it would aggravate it so be warned. I'm not even sure if I have one but milder acids like lemon and acv haven't bothered me so I will give Betaine a go. It'll get used eventually after a potential ulcer has healed.

One last thing that could make or break a treatment are biofilm enzymes. I think that this and not addressing stomach pH is why sufferers still test positive. I've had h.pylori before and used mastic gum, manuka honey, and dr. Ohhira's probiotics. My only symptom then was gastritis so I felt fine after 2 months on this protocol. Now I easily see why it wasn't eradicated... it wasn't enough.

good luck and keep us posted. I'm a mental case right now and need feel-good stories.

• Hey, I'm dealing with the bugger myself... I always come across this forum doing Google searches so thought I'd sign up now.

After doing a lot of research I feel like what you did the first time wasn't enough. I plan on using mastic gum, monolaurin, sulfurophane, and some oregano oil to hit it hard. Then with meals I will use Betaine hcl and digestive enzymes. They will have no home when i correct the low stomach acid. Gonna break the bank for VSL#3 probiotic. Diet wise I will eat more raw garlic, turmeric, sea salt, and coconut oil. I've been eating quite a bit of CO the past few days until my shipment arrives and I've been seeing cool stringy stuff floating in the toilet. Which brings me to yeast overgrowth. We probably have that too. I certainly have the symptoms for candida. It's very doubtful h.pylori is the only nasty present given all the time that has gone by with low stomach acid. I have an endoscopy coming up and it would be a huge win if there's no cancer. I've had digestive problems 5+ years.

Did you try Betaine hcl? If you have an ulcer it would aggravate it so be warned. I'm not even sure if I have one but milder acids like lemon and acv haven't bothered me so I will give Betaine a go. It'll get used eventually after a potential ulcer has healed.

One last thing that could make or break a treatment are biofilm enzymes. I think that this and not addressing stomach pH is why sufferers still test positive. I've had h.pylori before and used mastic gum, manuka honey, and dr. Ohhira's probiotics. My only symptom then was gastritis so I felt fine after 2 months on this protocol. Now I easily see why it wasn't eradicated... it wasn't enough.

good luck and keep us posted. I'm a mental case right now and need feel-good stories.

You sound like you are in a really good place, educated, and ready to massacre some critters! I almost feel sorry for them... "they will have no home" - bwah ha ha! 

• An update:

So after being down a bit and contemplating about doing a vigorous natural and supplemental treatment I decided to do it along with 2nd antibiotic treatment to get maximum results. Went back to the doctor and got prescription filled yesterday.

My plan is to do nutritional / supplemental pretreatment for a week which will involve:

Mastic Gum: 1gram/day

Vitamin C: 5g/day

Broccoli Sprouts:extract 500mg/day

DGL: Before lunch

Munka honey: 1tea spoon/day

Chew on Turmeric through the day

• edited March 2015

I just got diagnosed with H.plylori  During the endoscopy they didnt find any ulcers.

My dr is recommending anitbiotics and an acid blocker.  I would prefer not to take either.  But I am willing to follow the advice unless someone has a better suggestion.

I do think I can take ACV instead of the acid blocker.  thoughts?

On top of taking the antibiotics, see that mastic gum  and oregano oil is helpful

Also, is it suggested to cut down coffee?

Any suggestions are appreciated.  thanks,

• Just had my test comeback and H.Pylori not detected!!! Yeah!

This was 2nd antibiotic treatment by doctor and supplements I added as part of treatment:

Doctor prescribed:

Metbonidazole+Amoxicillin for 10days (antibiotics)

Omeprazole for 30 twice a day (I ended up taking only 15 because did not have ulcers and ran out of pills but you should follow through treatment)

Pepco bismuth chewable tablets 4 times a day for 10days

Additional supplements/treatment that I did:

- Mainly ketogenic diet, no gluten at all, I still drank bulletproof coffee with grassfed butter,

Steak or Salmon with cyan pepper/black pepper and sea salt, steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)

Probiotic plain yogurt and goat milk yogurt with a table spoon of Munka Honey

This is the one i used: http://www.amazon.com/Manuka-Health-MGO-Honey-250gm/dp/B001O0BL9E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426775423&sr=8-2&keywords=manuka+honey

I'd also eat a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil once in a while

No sugar / No alcohol

10-16 drops of Oregano oil extract (from Moms Supermarket) in a shot of MCT oil

chase with glass of water with tb spoon of diatamatious earth (food grade) and a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar mixed in

(this might be tough on stomach if you got ulcer so not sure, it made my stomach feel uncomfortable for a while after...Oregano oil and vinegar can be tough on ulcers i imagine)

Mastic Gum 1g/day

Vitamin C tablets 5g/day

Broccoli seed extract capsules daily

Garlic pill daily

I am not a physician so always consult your doctor before doing those, this is just a description of treatment I underwent

• Congrats dude! I know it was a long battle!

Just had my test comeback and H.Pylori not detected!!! Yeah!

This was 2nd antibiotic treatment by doctor and supplements I added as part of treatment:

Doctor prescribed:

Metbonidazole+Amoxicillin for 10days (antibiotics)

Omeprazole for 30 twice a day (I ended up taking only 15 because did not have ulcers and ran out of pills but you should follow through treatment)

Pepco bismuth chewable tablets 4 times a day for 10days

Additional supplements/treatment that I did:

- Mainly ketogenic diet, no gluten at all, I still drank bulletproof coffee with grassfed butter,

Steak or Salmon with cyan pepper/black pepper and sea salt, steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)

Probiotic plain yogurt and goat milk yogurt with a table spoon of Munka Honey

This is the one i used: http://www.amazon.com/Manuka-Health-MGO-Honey-250gm/dp/B001O0BL9E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426775423&sr=8-2&keywords=manuka+honey

I'd also eat a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil once in a while

No sugar / No alcohol

10-16 drops of Oregano oil extract (from Moms Supermarket) in a shot of MCT oil

chase with glass of water with tb spoon of diatamatious earth (food grade) and a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar mixed in

(this might be tough on stomach if you got ulcer so not sure, it made my stomach feel uncomfortable for a while after...Oregano oil and vinegar can be tough on ulcers i imagine)

Mastic Gum 1g/day

Vitamin C tablets 5g/day

Broccoli seed extract capsules daily

Garlic pill daily

I am not a physician so always consult your doctor before doing those, this is just a description of treatment I underwent

Remember you did not completely rid your self of H. pylori but you forced what little is left into the mucosial layer of the stomach and it is not able to produce urea. Keep your stomach acid levels normal and stay away from any acid reducing medications. Studies have shown that if you can keep the H. pylori to "probiotic" levels it might serve your stomach a bit of good.