Extreme Novice In Need Of Assistance For Cognitive Support

edited March 2015 in Brain Hacking

I am a very extreme novice to all of the nootropics, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have a terrible memory, and a very hard time being able to concentrate on the majority of my tasks. 

I've done some minimal research of products like, Choline, CDP Choline, Citicoline, and Inositol.

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Atlas, 

I would look into stacking one of the racetams with your Choline supplement. Aniracetam and Oxiracetam are some of my favorites. If your decline in memory and focus stems from a brain disorder, possibly look into the benefits from Piracetam. Theses are all relatively inexpensive options and their benefits can be felt fairly quickly. Using any combination of these starters stacks with a well rounded diet and sufficient sleep habits should address your desired goals.  

Check out Pure Nootropics for high quality nootropics that have been third party tested. All order come with 30 day money back guarantee. 10% Discount for Bulletproof Members with coupon code "bulletproof10".

• edited March 2015

Atlas, 

I would look into stacking one of the racetams with your Choline supplement. Aniracetam and Oxiracetam are some of my favorites. If your decline in memory and focus stems from a brain disorder, possibly look into the benefits from Piracetam. Theses are all relatively inexpensive options and their benefits can be felt fairly quickly. Using any combination of these starters stacks with a well rounded diet and sufficient sleep habits should address your desired goals.  

Thank you for responding,

I currently take daily;

2,000mg Fish Oil

1,000mg Vitamin C

760mg Echinacea

10mg Certizine

362mg Oregano Oil

2,000mg Olive Leaf Extract

200mg Caffeine

Men's Multivitamin

I take the 200mg of Caffeine at around 7am, and honestly feel no effect whatsoever. My overall energy level is horrible, and I feel like that makes a dramatic impact on my focus/concentration. I know that the basic of basic nootropics is, L-Theanine, and Caffeine, but I feel very little, if any effects from Caffeine as it is, so I might just jump ahead of that.

Among the previous listed pills, I've been contemplating taking these daily as well;

CDP Citicoline Choline 500mg

Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg

Full Spectrum Lion's Mane Mushroom 1,000mg

NOW Foods True Focus

Or should I just jump right into things, and take;

Either 750mg Aniracetam dose 2-3 times a day with meals

OR Piracetam 5 grams per day ingested between 1 – 3 doses

CDP Citicoline Choline 500mg

Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg

Any advice is welcomed, and thanks for this amazing forum!

• Piracetam plus ALCAR plus CDP-choline/alpha-GPC is fairly inexpensive and well researched . That's a pretty basic stack. I'd go for that before trying less proven stuff like lions mane.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• Your listed supplement stack seems well rounded and full. Just curious, how's your diet and overall sleeping habits? I think its important to understand the need for such building blocks as being part of your routine to promote overall health and wellness. I always ask about sleep cause I'm a fan of the dreams associated with nootropics. As far as diet, a good and evenly distributed  eating schedule improved my mood and energy levels tremendously. The better i ate and better rest i got, I noticed I responded better to my nootropic stacks and coffee began to supercharge me again. I actually still use a big cup of bulletproof coffee w/ and w/o MCT as a preworkout. I think diet and sleep and fundamentals in the brain game. 

Check out Pure Nootropics for high quality nootropics that have been third party tested. All order come with 30 day money back guarantee. 10% Discount for Bulletproof Members with coupon code "bulletproof10".

• Your listed supplement stack seems well rounded and full. Just curious, how's your diet and overall sleeping habits? I think its important to understand the need for such building blocks as being part of your routine to promote overall health and wellness. I always ask about sleep cause I'm a fan of the dreams associated with nootropics. As far as diet, a good and evenly distributed  eating schedule improved my mood and energy levels tremendously. The better i ate and better rest i got, I noticed I responded better to my nootropic stacks and coffee began to supercharge me again. I actually still use a big cup of bulletproof coffee w/ and w/o MCT as a preworkout. I think diet and sleep and fundamentals in the brain game. 

Check your PM.

• Maybe you could try vinpocetine.