Gangster Banter

Comments

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I was listening to Working Man by Rush to get pumped up for work today! Is it always bad to raise your cortisone levels?
  • 'Jason wrote:

Just had a chance to listen to your stuff, Jason. It is good! Where did you get your samples? What kind of software are you using to create your loops?
  • Music wise I'm really digging the app Songza these days. I like variety--anything but country (raised with it forced down my throat and developed a taste-aversion). Songza does this little concierge service where it says "hey it's Thursday afternoon, do you want music for energy, working out, relaxing" and I use the work out selectoin and pick genres to get playlists. I tend towards electronic, club and hip, hop, but was a metal head in the 80's so my mix tapes are....bound to bother someone.
  • edited January 2013
    'Mark wrote:

I think on the JRE he mentioned he went to Peru and experienced it. I could be wrong though.

It was not Joe who went to Peru to be with the shamans but a couple of his guests have. The first one I heard was with Aubrey Marcus, who runs Onnit with Joe. Aubrey actually brought his mother with him and they both had an experience, at least I think it was Aubrey who did that. It's one of my favorite episodes as it was an amazing story.
  • M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    'Christian wrote:

It was not Joe who went to Peru to be with the shamans but a couple of his guests have. The first one I heard was with Aubrey Marcus, who runs Onnit with Joe. Aubrey actually brought his mother with him and they both had an experience, at least I think it was Aubrey who did that. It's one of my favorite episodes as it was an amazing story.

It was Aubrey who did this but I was saying I think Dave mentioned he went to Peru and experienced it.
  • 'Jason wrote:

very cool! Grinder is pretty rad. Imma sukka for a funky-ass beat! I got a looping ap for my Iphone but so far I've been a spastic mess trying to use it. The You Tube turtorials make it look so easy image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • edited January 2013
    For your listening amusement...My band doing White Rabbit

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6nURckHm0

also .....if you like a fun metal-rific medley..... Played at the worlds smallest bar ...... This is Accept: Balls to the wall with a little ACDC Big Balls thrown in, just for good measure,..... then into Kiss's God of Thunder ...... and then White Zombie TK65. We call this little gem "Thunderballs". Please disregard my extreme cornyness image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsG2bcLziz0
  • The audio quality is just good enough to tell that you and your band have a lot of talent How long have you guys been together? Why kind of "hacks" did you use to preserve your voice after doing that for fifteen years? Most people would sound like Tom Waits after that. Do you have any original works?

• The audio quality is just good enough to tell that you and your band have a lot of talent How long have you guys been together? Why kind of "hacks" did you use to preserve your voice after doing that for fifteen years? Most people would sound like Tom Waits after that. Do you have any original works?

Thx image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This partucular band has been about 3 years now. Sadly my songwriting skills are nil...... so i just do cover bands for fun. I've been singing rock and metal like this since '87 (ack!) and I feel extremely fortunate to have had no issues with the dreaded nodules or anything like that. I started BP for a much needed weight loss, but I'm also hoping to see a difference in stamina onstage and see if I can push a few more boundries with range and endurance and consistancy. I have no hacks to report thus far since I've spent a lot of time doing everything that you're NOT supposed to do as a singer. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I'm very curious to see if a few more months of following this protocol and tweaking the supplements, getting this hypothyroid nonsense under control, etc will make a significant difference.

also ..... curious as to what you do musically? Wild crazy guess from your profile pic is you're a conductor... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Do you compose also? do you sing/play?
  • I am currently in the music education industry. I believe that it is currently the best "brain hack" that our public school system will fund. I have participated in many facets of music, but this is where I would like to make my mark.
  • ...this thread isn't about ganja butter at all.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    It could be. Post a recipe,son!

No sorcery, just science. 

• I am sure that Justin, or Jory will hook us up. They do not post on the forms, but they are checking up on us every day. Jory has posted a few times on the shoutbox to let people know that some upgraded products would be delayed and so forth, but there may be an administration policy that prevents them from being active on the forums.

No policy... just busy.
  • 'ubugrrl' wrote:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]meow ......[/font] POWERFUL Aaron Lorch! I wonder if ayahuasca is Bulletproof? hmmmmmm......

Yes, it is 100% bulletproof. So is DMT, by the way. image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' /> Just don't mess around with using it recreationally. That's not what it's for.