Questions About Evening Preparation To Speed Up Making Bp Coffee In The Morning.

Hi all,

Been doing BPC since December; love it.  However, I struggle in the morning with the preparation of the coffee.  I am not a morning person and I have Lyme Disease, so mornings are a real drag. I would like to do as much evening prep as I can.

Currently, the night before, I grind the beans and put the grinds in a small vacuum sealed mason jar and throw it in the freezer.  Then in my blender I throw in the butter, MCT oil, a bit of chocolate, and stevia and put that in the fridge.  In the morning, preparation goes as expected.

Any critiques or suggestions?

One problem I have have is that with the cold butter, oil, etc in the blender, my coffee is not as hot as I would like it to be.  I've read on the Internet that some people leave butter out for periods of time.  Would grass fed butter like Kerrygold be ok to do it with?  If so, then I could store the whole concoction at room temp.

The only other thing I can think of is to make BPC in the evening and have it as iced coffee the next day, but I'm a little hesitant to try.  Found some posts on this forum on how to do that.  I may try that at a later date.

Thanks in advance,

B

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

You can store it at room temp, those are very stable fats. (You can also heat the mixture if you feel necessary.)

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I put MCT, Kerrygold, cinnamon, cocoa and stevia in a mug at night; put ground coffee in the coffee pot and set the delay for 6:10. At 6:25 I walk in the kitchen, pour my coffee and walk out the door while shaking my mug furiously. Works perfect. I used to put the pre BPC concoction in the fridge, same results with it being too cold and ending up with a chunk of butter in the bottom.

I've left butter (in a baby food squeeze pouch) for a few days out of the fridge with no problems.
  • I currently make 2 12oz cup of BP coffee in the morning with butter and brain oil.

I drink one cup and put the other in the frig.

At 3pm, I remove the coffee from frig, mix it again and pour over ice for a pleasant mid afternoon pick me up.

Seems to work great.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file