White Tea Deactivates The Enzymes That Destroys Collagen And Elastin By 89% (Study)

This is pretty cool!

This study looks at 21 different plants ability to deactivate elastase and collagenase.

Proper anti-aging drink :)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19653897?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=13

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Looks like white tea kicks ass on all fronts! Awesome

• I've been drinking abour 1l of white dea the last week, it's a great upgrade to my cognition aswell. Relaxes me very nicely and feels very refreshing in my brain!

Highly recommended.

I use Silver needles from Hunan in China. Beautiful and delicate honey-roasted flavour.

• I drink white tea with xylitol for maximum collagen power! http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15832042

• I just received my shipment of white tea from iherb. It was dirt cheap. Thanks.

• edited April 2014

most tea is high in theanine too, which is good in calming anxiety levels.

theanine is mentioned on the list alongside NAC, Taurine etc. among prescribed calming supplements ,

good link on 'the chemistry of calm' here:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2011/mar2011_The-Chemistry-of-Calm_02.htm

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I love me some white tea. Might pick some up next time I hit the tea shop. Haven't had it in a while.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• This is pretty cool!

This study looks at 21 different plants ability to deactivate elastase and collagenase.

Proper anti-aging drink :)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19653897?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=13

Cool share.. Time to try white tea it seems.. ;)

• Silver Needle is the best. As a side note, white tea seems to have some sort of gentle detox effect for me. I always need to use the restroom within an hour or so. I know it's not the caffeine because coffee doesn't have this effect on me.

I've been drinking abour 1l of white dea the last week, it's a great upgrade to my cognition aswell. Relaxes me very nicely and feels very refreshing in my brain!

Highly recommended.

I use Silver needles from Hunan in China. Beautiful and delicate honey-roasted flavour.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• Why is silver needle white tea the best?   I bought Uncle Lee's  Legends of China Organic White Tea from iherb.

• I'm no expert on tea but I believe it contains the highest levels of antioxidants of all "real tea" (camellia sinensis).

Why is silver needle white tea the best?   I bought Uncle Lee's  Legends of China Organic White Tea from iherb.

• Silver needle white tea consists of only the buds of the plant and is very rare, as it is harvested only two days of the year. Like all white teas, it is high in antioxidants and can potentially provide protection against a host of conditions.

I prefer bagged tea because it is easier.  Any recs for silver needle tea bags or loose leaf tea?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

note, referring to the full study that the OP linked,

The "White tea powder was extracted in a similar manner except it was extracted in cold water and used without further processing".

& it looks like all the other plants/herbs used boiling water.

Worth a mention, in case it is important.

fake it till you make it

• I am drinking organic white tea, two a day, thanks for the share.  I must say it tastes a lot like hot water.  I haven't had much luck getting a white tea and something in the organic format.

• I am drinking organic white tea, two a day, thanks for the share.  I must say it tastes a lot like hot water.  I haven't had much luck getting a white tea and something in the organic format.

Timmies has a blueberry white tea thats pretty awesome. I tried it after reading this thread.

• edited September 2014

It appears (from my very brief review skimming on amazon/teavana/tealux) that white tea harvested from the Fujian province is superior to other areas in China.

Since it is only harvested 2 days out of the year, I've found that tea is available from the 2013 and 2014 season.

Any thoughts from people who really know tea if there is indeed benefit from where it was harvested and aged/warehoused vs fresh?

I'm itching to pull the trigger and tealux and amazon both have items in the cart, ready for checkout today!

• Haven't tried it with butter. I drink BPC in the morning and I try to brew two cups of the tea throughout the day.

My philosophy is, if I want it to destroy the enzyme and etc., I have no idea if any other ingredient will help or hinder it from doing its job. Until I have science confirming that anything else helps, I'm drinking it straight. And it's delicious. No sweetener required.

Ordered mine from Teavana with a travel kit. All you need is hot water and you're in business.

• Would white tea extract in capsules produce the same results? 

• Does this taste good with butter in it?

I'd probably eat it anyways.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.

• Does this taste good with butter in it?

I've tried this - white tea + marine collagen powder + butter + coconut oil + stevia - the butter and stevia completely overpower the tea (unless you steep the tea for several minutes) - you can't really tatse the tea at all - not that that matters

• Is there anything that restores collagen and elastin to my legs and arms  once its lost?

• White tea as in tetley and the like?

• Charlie, I could be very wrong but I doubt the mass produced, processed and warehoused tea brands will still contain the same potent ingredients necessary to get the desired effect.

Pick up a few oz's from somewhere like Teavana or an online retailer than can get you the freshest leaves and then compare that to any white tea product sold in the big box stores.

There is a world of difference in color, flavor, aftertaste, etc.

• I drink white tea with xylitol for maximum collagen power! http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15832042

Where do you get your xylitol?