Brain Octane, Depression And Detox

Hi I recently started using bulletproof products and I am having trouble with a few of them. I have been on antidepressants for 15 years and desperately want off of them. But I do have a few questions about the oils Dave sells.

I have learned from experience that I have to be really careful taking new supplements, especially those that contain herbs. Almost all herbs detox my liver too quickly, including the SSRI's I take. They are flushed out of my system without time to work. Therefore I end up experiencing rebouts of depression so I stop the supplements.

When I ordered brain octain the same thing happened and I was shocked. I took it for three days and couldn't get out of bed on the forth day because I was so depressed. I was shocked because I looked at the brain octain as a food since it is derived from coconut oil. I almost never have any problems taking food based supplements.

The other product I had problems with was the grass fed collagen. Again I have know for years that any product that has a lot of amino acids interferes with the SSRI's. But I recently had a torn meniscus repaired and have been in pain for over a year. It seems it has never healed from the surgery. So I heard Dave on one of the podcasts talking about the collagen rebuilding soft tissue so I gave it a try knowing that there were a lot of aminos in the product, and boom within days I was back in bed with depression.

Anyone have any feedback on this problem until I wean myself off the antidepressants? Thank you in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭

Regarding the aminos, have you tried take it separately from your meds, like as far away in time as possible, to avoid that they mess up with each other's absorption? Not sure how much that helps, but maybe.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• No I haven't tried that Reka, thank you for the suggestion.