Taking The Mcat - Rate My Stack

edited June 2015 in Brain Hacking

I am taking the MCAT on Friday. This is the new Medical College Admissions Test and it is a beast! It is 7.5hrs hours long, and tests every subject you can think of: General Biology, General Chemistry, General Physics, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, Psychology, and Sociology, split into 4 sections. I am not making this stuff up. To make matters worse, nothing is allowed in the examination room, not even water, but there are 15 minute breaks between sections where you are allowed to go to your locker. Considering this, and since I have seen no one mention the MCAT on the forums, this post is to advise any future bulletproofer tackling the MCAT, but also to receive some critique myself before I take the exam on Friday.

That said, I am not a newbie biohacker, and have been at this game for a while. I possess a range of Nootropics that I have used at least 5x each and up to 200x for the last few years: e.g.

Modafinil and Armodafinil

Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracteam

ALCAR, Centrophenoxine, Alpha GPC, CDP Choline, Phosphatidyl Serine(PS)

Gabawave, CILTEP

L-Theanine, Sulbutiamine, N-Acetyl Tyrosine

Nicotine (pixotine sticks)

Bacopa Monnieri, Rhodiola Rosea, Ashwagandha, Cordyceps

That being said, for this beast of an exam, I am planning to begin my morning at 6 am (exam starts at 8am). I will be taking 100mg of Armodafinil as soon as I wake up along with 750mg Oxiracetam, 1000mg ALCAR, 500mg Rhodiola Rosea, and 1 Gabawave. These are all typically best consumed on an empty stomach with water as I understand it.

1 hour before the exam, at 7:00am, I will be brewing my bulletproof coffee with 1 tbls of sugar, 3tbls MCT, 3tbls butter, and putting it in stainless steel, insulated travel mug. I will then take 200mg Sulbutiamine, 750mg Aniracetam, Cordyceps tea, PS, and CILTEP, along with vitamins A, D, K2,  Methylcobalamin 5mg, and 5MTHF 800, and a few sips of the BPC to aid absorption. The rest of my BPC I shall keep in locker.

Right before the exam begins at 8am, and at every break, I will have a few sips of BPC, 100mg of L-Theanine, and chew on 1/2 stick of Nicotine(about 1mg). During the middle break, I will have 2 tbls Whey Protein and 2tbls Collagen as a "lunch". I may take another Aniracetam, Sulbutiamine, or some L-Tyrosine as needed.

I imagine every student and the exam proctor will be looking at me funny downing pills and etc in my locker, but hey--it's legal.

At the end of the exam, I will take Bacopa, Ashwagandha, and another Aniracetam to wind down. 

NOTES:

All the choline supplements, except for ALCAR, give me headaches, so I know I am choline dominant.

I find Armodafinil vastly superior to Modafinil.

Pramiracetam gives me a headache no matter what.

Nicotine, for me, is the strongest Nootropic, period. 

Bacopa and Ashwagandha tend to make me a little too relaxed to take in the morning. 

While studying, I only took Modafinil, Gabawave, Sulbutiamine, and Nicotine at max of  1-3x weekly, as needed, so as not to develop a tolerance.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, concerns?

Comments

• Have you taken that stack before?  I would definitely take the stack before doing a practice exam and quantify your results.

CILTEP is a memory enhancer.  You might want to consider removing it.

I would double down on your oxiracetam and add some phenylpiracetam to combat the stress.

• edited June 2015

Jason, thanks for the input!

I have taken the full stack above 3x times, give or take 1 piece, and have felt amazing each time. All lights were on, I definitely felt good, focused, happy and felt like I could logic my way out of any jam. I sadly have not quantified results, but I imagine great improvement. 

I will also consider removing CILTEP--I have read that it significantly potentiates Nicotine, which may not be the best thing healthwise. Considering I will be taking armodafinil, CILTEP may not be necessary due to the increased vigilance from Modafinil alone.

I'll also add in a dash of Phenylpiracetam with the Aniracetam, because, why not..heh.

• Nicotine is not the devil that society has made it out to be.  People have confused nicotine with the tobacco industry.

• genao87genao87 ✭✭
    edited June 2015

How do all those racetams work well together for you?   Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracteam.....can you take a large amount of Piracetam and get the samething??   In the podcast with the red infrared light dude....he takes like 10 grams of Piracetam

Damn that is HUGE STACK!   I never would of imagine that you can feel amazing with all that....expensive as hell

I take that Pixotine and it makes me want to go to sleep....what gives???

• I find that racetams have very good synergy.  John and I are planning on doing a show on nootropics on Wednesday.

• Slick - I like the way you thought this out.  It takes a lot of experience to plan for such a high stakes marathon.  You can be my doctor - I hope you're considering the holistic/naturopathic field.

My only input would be on your wind-down.  I'd add a massive dose of PS (like 1g if you can handle it) and add some Ashwaghanda.  I'd be sucking down at least an ampule of Unfair Advantage during all of the breaks and then eat at least 2 before sleeping the next 3 consecutive nights.  Also would recommend finding a float tank and spending an hour in there to wind down as well.

Best of luck.

• edited June 2015

How do all those racetams work well together for you?   Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracteam.....can you take a large amount of Piracetam and get the samething??   In the podcast with the red infrared light dude....he takes like 10 grams of Piracetam

Damn that is HUGE STACK!   I never would of imagine that you can feel amazing with all that....expensive as hell

I take that Pixotine and it makes me want to go to sleep....what gives???

genao87, the racetams tend to work synergistically, and also have different effects. Aniracetam tends to aid with more holistic thinking and planning, and is also a relatively potent anxiolytic. Oxiracetam is mildly stimulating, and tends to benefit logic and reasoning skills. Phenylpiracetam is often touted as a whole body nootropic, decreasing physical fatigue. Together they work synergistically, and you need much less of each one when you take them alongside each other. 

I justify the cost of a large stack to be nothing when you consider the long term benefits of being smarter than almost everyone else in the room, from the classroom to the boardroom.

Too much nicotine for anyone at once will make them drowsy and light headed. This is well known. You should try 1/4 of a stick at first and build up over time to find your ideal dosage. Everyone's biochemistry is different. That being said, I advise no one ever to try my exact stack (or anyone else's for that matter) without having used each and every single piece separately multiple times to find out how it affects them. Then, add one nootropic to the puzzle at a time to ensure you're not getting any unwanted side effects from mixing them. There are definitely times I have screwed this up myself. Learn from my mistakes.

Slick - I like the way you thought this out.  It takes a lot of experience to plan for such a high stakes marathon.  You can be my doctor - I hope you're considering the holistic/naturopathic field.

My only input would be on your wind-down.  I'd add a massive dose of PS (like 1g if you can handle it) and add some Ashwaghanda.  I'd be sucking down at least an ampule of Unfair Advantage during all of the breaks and then eat at least 2 before sleeping the next 3 consecutive nights.  Also would recommend finding a float tank and spending an hour in there to wind down as well.

Best of luck.

pizzabagel, I will be applying to Osteopathic Medical School. D.O's tend to have much more hollistic mindset towards medical care. I'd be more than happy to be your doctor in 7 years :). It unfortunately takes a while, hehe. PS in the evening would have been a good idea--reduction in cortisol is always a good thing before bed. I'll have to remember that next time.

• genao87genao87 ✭✭
    edited June 2015

genao87, the racetams tend to work synergistically, and also have different effects. Aniracetam tends to aid with more holistic thinking and planning, and is also a relatively potent anxiolytic. Oxiracetam is mildly stimulating, and tends to benefit logic and reasoning skills. Phenylpiracetam is often touted as a whole body nootropic, decreasing physical fatigue. Together they work synergistically, and you need much less of each one when you take them alongside each other. 

I justify the cost of a large stack to be nothing when you consider the long term benefits of being smarter than almost everyone else in the room, from the classroom to the boardroom.

Too much nicotine for anyone at once will make them drowsy and light headed. This is well known. You should try 1/4 of a stick at first and build up over time to find your ideal dosage. Everyone's biochemistry is different. That being said, I advise no one ever to try my exact stack (or anyone else's for that matter) without having used each and every single piece separately multiple times to find out how it affects them. Then, add one nootropic to the puzzle at a time to ensure you're not getting any unwanted side effects from mixing them. There are definitely times I have screwed this up myself. Learn from my mistakes.

pizzabagel, I will be applying to Osteopathic Medical School. D.O's tend to have much more hollistic mindset towards medical care. I'd be more than happy to be your doctor in 7 years :). It unfortunately takes a while, hehe. PS in the evening would have been a good idea--reduction in cortisol is always a good thing before bed. I'll have to remember that next time.

I have  done what you said with all the racetams and other nootropics..tried them one by one and also stacked them....all it does is put me to sleep or i didnt feel a thing much...i played around with the dosage...no change.....

samething with the Pixotine.....tried the full stick,  tried a half,  and tried 1/4...and so on...nothing........so far the only thing that worked for me was Ritalin  but thats a powerful stimulant/drug. 

but whatever....brain chemistry can change overtime....i guess its about time to give it another shot.   your stack convinced me.

yes smarter than everyone in the room....but nootropics dont give you permanent gains in cognitive abilities....seems you come from the medical field which tend to make more money compare to most jobs out there.....damn i think i made the wrong career choice..