Supplements For Kids Concentration?

langdjlangdj
edited January 2015 in Bulletproof Parenting

Supplements for Kids Concentration?

Wondering if anyone knows of a supplement that is safe for kids.........that is specifically focused on concentration. He is on the ADD (not ADHD) spectrum

I already give my son (11 years old) Fermented CLO with X Butter and Pure Encapsulations Junior Nutrients Multivitamin. Also he is going to start getting MCT and Collagen before homework (plenty of non Dad approved Carbs already ;-)

I take CILTEP every once and a while when I have a deadline. I feel there is a cost to taking supplements like that. I just want to enhance today and not borrow from other body processes like a Neutropic or Smart Drug does . I know that is not for kids anyways, I am just using it as an example.

Are GabaWave or Unfair Advantage something that a kid might take at a lower dose? I have not taken these supplements.

Also I have taken him to 5 NeuroOptimal Sessions (local practitioner for 50 a visit) but then had to re prioritize spending.

Suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Try this stack:

-B Complex

-Ginkgo biloba

-CDP Choline or Alpha GPC

That should be really safe for him.

• In the podcast about Vitamin K2 (#106 with Dr Kate) there was discussion around children's doses (120mg for kids). However, since D should go with K2, what D dose is appropriate for children? Or do you not need to pair for children?
  • Not sure if it pertains to children too - but 1000 IU's per 25lb of body weight is the recommended dosage for Vit D3. for "normal dosing" 

For acute issues "cancer" the dosage could be much higher.  

PODCAST - http://justinhealth.com/natural-ways-to-strengthen-your-immune-system-podcast-66/

I supplement my children (16 & 14) w/ 5000 IU's  3 days a week coupled w/ K2.