Monitoring Issues....

Hello everyone! I am not sure if this thread is in the right place but here it goes: Im 100% sure that Dave with his long experience in the field of internet security has taken care of most internet security issues.But what about monitoring issues!? Is bulletproofexec.com safe from being monitored by agencies such as NSA,CIA,FBI etc?.Ever since i found out about bulletproofexec.com and joined the forum i am under surveilance 24/7! I am 100% sure about this because too many "quincidences" have occured the past two months in my daily routine. I strongly CLARIFY  i am NOT engaged in any criminal or terrorist activities and no such potential exists.Therefore is it safe after all to be here?    

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

.Ever since i found out about bulletproofexec.com and joined the forum i am under surveilance 24/7!

You had been under surveillance way before that, probably from the day you were born. Part of the modern jungle we live in.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• NoogisNoogis
    edited April 2014
    You are 100% being passively monitored and recorded. It happens at parts of the pipeline Dave could never control.

As for live people watching you, they use that manpower on Prepper and survivalist sites, if at all.

Shouldn't need to worry until A.I is more advanced, if it isn't already.

I doubt they would throw anything more than a recording algorithm at people with vitamin neurosis.

In short, resist, but be happy. Don't participate in the BS, but experience the things, and learn the lessons this incarnation needs you to. It's all perfect anyway.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Tell us more! What were the coincidences?
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

The Five Eyes have been watching for sometime, it isn't really something to be worried about (unless you have reason to lol). If it is something that bothers you try using some form of anonymizing technique to "clean up" your footprint. Stuff like VPN's, proxies, MAC maskers, and others can help with this. In most cases a proxy or VPN is good enough.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Nah, they'll just nab you at your ISP after the meta-data algorithm captures your utility billing email and does a nifty traffic cross-reference. Kinda like someone can use a fake name, but if you stand at that mail box long enough you'll find them checking the mail. Besides, drones. They have drones.  :blink: Don't Panic! Know where your towel is.

The good news is, if you have to ask on a forum how to avoid these types of things then you are undoubtedly not going to be a target of any of these agencies. Small fish didn't have to worry about being the target of whaling vessels. You're not going to be on any List for being interested in health and performance topics. There's no money in messing with people for those interests. Gotta follow the money.

I wouldn't go as far as saying health and performance topics won't be observed. One of the largest industries in 2013, 2014, and this year to be "hacked" or experience data breaches is in regards to supplements and health related items.

You'd think we'd be beneath their scope, but once FDA and Big Pharma's money starts getting tossed around I wouldn't hold your breath. lol :P

I wouldn't go as far as saying health and performance topics won't be observed. One of the largest industries in 2013, 2014, and this year to be "hacked" or experience data breaches is in regards to supplements and health related items.

You'd think we'd be beneath their scope, but once FDA and Big Pharma's money starts getting tossed around I wouldn't hold your breath. lol :P

If these industries are so gigantically huge then how would a small minority of people on the internet actually threaten their commerce? I find it hilarious when people talk about "Big Pharma" and they don't mention "Big Supplement". Can you guess the difference between major supplement companies and major pharmaceutical companies? Only what they put in the bottle. They are corporations that lobby for legislation that helps their bottom line, they market and sell products and they work in a gigantic volume business. It's all business, baby. That's why you see high end boutique supplement makers like Upgraded Self and Onnit, and you also see high end boutique pharmaceutical makers like Cephalon and Humalog.

Reality is, there is a finite amount of storage for metadata mining, and most of it is not actually reviewed or even stored for very long. As such the agencies that actually monitor the metadata that has been gathered must have a huge financial interest in the type of content that is being monitored. As much as it may bruise the ego, those agencies will be far more interested in political forums, prepper and survivalist forums, firearms forums, medical cannabis blogs, and areas that affect real world commerce and politics in a major way such as financial forums, media sharing and bit torrents, and social justice warrior / feminist blogs. 

Data breaches into the actual companies in the industry wouldn't make these agencies more likely to actively monitor individual schmucks on the internet. Can't conflate the individual forum user with the supplement megacorporation and industrial hacking and espionage.

Bottom line, even if your metadata is being mined (and it is) then it is almost assuredly not being actively looked at merely on the whim of the agency. You would have to be targeted specifically for something that you did, otherwise you are not worth their time. Litterally not worth the payroll for the analyst to look at your metadata. So relax. You're more likely to get screwed over by a burnt out taillight than from posting on here.

I'm under the belief that agencies, organizations, competing businesses, etc that monitor data and information likely automate the analyst. Sure no one may actively be looking at the collected data, but that collective data is also open to further breaches and likely has some form of resale value.

Obviously this all depends on who's data in particular is being mined.

edited October 2015

I'm under the belief that agencies, organizations, competing businesses, etc that monitor data and information likely automate the analyst. Sure no one may actively be looking at the collected data, but that collective data is also open to further breaches and likely has some form of resale value.

Obviously this all depends on who's data in particular is being mined.

The analysis is definitely algorithm-based, but it still needs to be initiated by a user with search criteria. In order for this to happen the target of the search (if an individual is being targeted directly) would need to have actually done something to focus attention on themselves and be worth the agency's time to investigate (financially, as in man hours and processing time). The average supplement user and forum poster does not fit this criteria solely because of their forum activities on here. This doesn't rule out external activities, but that's not what the OP was concerned about.

As far as keeping data and the possibility of a breech, metadata storage runs into a physical limit which is why the NSA in particular is having to build their massive new data center. You simply cannot keep that amount of metadata just sitting around, you have to cycle it out in order to allocate storage to metadata that you are actually finding useful. Most of this is just basic business and data management, but the Snowden leaks did give us an insight into the logistical concerns, operating procedures, and technical capabilities of the NSA. I'd be far, far more worried about my credit card information being stolen than my metadata being monitored and analyzed, since credit card information is relatively easy to store and keep on file for huge lengths of time.